Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

chulu2810

Reaction score
It depend on yr luck if u meet a hungry lender.
My big amt 36k & 18k r link up by a friend.

Only a 27k which that AL do 7k bi week & 20k by mthly n also went thru a 2k loan.
Maybe I do own reno company n I told them using project payment to repay them.
When they trf their fund also break to few rds...
Believe they need to gather outside loan repayment to loan me.

How is monthly scheme looked like if have examples 25k loan from a few LML, can it be paid over 24 months?

JCKH0380

Reaction score
Wa..... Ok thanks for the heads up.... Must becareful then... So after you cleared ur LML you changed your number again?

My lml not yet cleared. But i change my hp already. Payment to lml is arrange through my counsellor which he wont give my contacts to them.

chulu2810

Reaction score
Don't do any security deposit or upfront.
10 out of 10 r scam.
U pay them that n they vanish.

I actually don't think that they over repayments over a 24 months.... Only say nice let people hear only... I did enquire an amount of 15k at the start.... They said ok,, then later told me say need take up small loan first to see my repayment on time not.... Then after clearing with them they told me I need to make a deposit first then can take up the loan..... No money alr how to make deposit of $1K... I just rejected....

Plzhalp

Reaction score
Don't do any security deposit or upfront.
10 out of 10 r scam.
U pay them that n they vanish.

I juz realise he talking about LML.... So I deleted my post. I know.... I got stuck with other uml also becos wanted to clear him to get the loan.... In the end come pattern with me.....I didn't had money to deposit too, so I rejected it...

JCKH0380

Reaction score

Only a 27k which that AL do 7k bi week & 20k by mthly n also went thru a 2k loan.

Your loan amount and mine can compare sia.

Plzhalp

Reaction score
My lml not yet cleared. But i change my hp already. Payment to lml is arrange through my counsellor which he wont give my contacts to them.

Yeah... I also learn my lesson the hard way.... Didn't know they were linked... Thanks for sharing bro...

Aion99

Reaction score

I mean silver lining, how is their installment plan looked like, lets say got 25k loan from a few LML? Can silver lining extend the monthly payment till 24 months?

JCKH0380

Reaction score
I mean silver lining, how is their installment plan looked like, lets say got 25k loan from a few LML? Can silver lining extend the monthly payment till 24 months?

How many month depend how the counsellor nego with your lml. He also can promise you how many momths. But he will advise you what to do if you cant pay

Plzhalp

Reaction score
Block them. If they know u been reading their msg they wont give up one. Best ask nok change number also

NOK can't change due to work.... that's what has been bothering me.... I changed my number I found peace already.... But my NOK still getting spam.... I think the al no business...

chulu2810

Reaction score
U need to go down n talk to yr handler. They will negotiate within yr means... also they r Christian grp so need to go thru 10 session with them...

I 2 session n run off.
Partly also stress up handle LML n AL issue...

maxphreak

Reaction score
It seems like the Andy from previous posts found another victim that's me. At first offer monthly loan of example, 5k interest rate only 5% payable by 12 monthly installment. Demanded every contacts, NOK, boss no, bank no etc. After I given everything, suddenly offer changed to examples, 500 but payback 1.5k in 5 days. Of course I rejected him. A few days later, he suddenly deposited the money without my knowledge, said I already taken this loan. What should I do, he has all of my details.
Like i mentioned in the earlier posts:

1. Never give out your details to anyone especially your NRIC, Singpass etc even if its just "enquiring" - especially online web or sms/whatsapp loan scheme.
They will entice u by saying installment plans for 1k loan or above to throw the "bait".
They will act professional as if they are licensced lenders but based on latest Moneylending act - Licensed Money lending cannot solicited or transact any business via phone, sms or any communication method. Must go through paper contract only.

2. If you are already "engaged" or made the wrong move to engage them, nvr surrender your bank account to them. Because once they have your bank account - it will look to SPF as if you are abetting them in opening bank account for money laundering and transfers. Based on experience - these AL never use their own bank accounts for repayments...its always some other borrowers bank account.
How they work is like this --> You request for loan - they "hunt" other pitiful borrowers for defer payment - then they ask them to transfer the so called repayment to your account(without u knowing) and when its your turn to repay - they try to find new borrowers (common phrase used by AL - wait i find account for u) for you to transfer your repayment to their account.
That's y its hard to trace their tracks as they have little footprint for police to nab them.

3. In order for them to be "successfull" in this trade, they use fear to intidimate you and force to keep up with the payment. The defer payments normally are monies which some pitiful borrowers who go and make new accounts for the money to be cash out and handed to them personally.(money mules)

4. UML and LML are using the same database. So if you are borrowing from LML, chances are u will receive calls from UML to so-call help u in your LML loans by getting unlicensed loans from them to pay off your LML. They work together so their business can thrive. Simple logic - Demand=business and to create demand - they need to create "opportunity".

Therefore the only way to stop these suckers is only thru these :

1. Never engage into UML
2. If unknowingly got entangled : stop paying them
3. Report police - inform them on all the numbers and accounts you were given.
4. Installl CCTV and turn on motion detectors.
5. close your bank account and change your mobile number
6. Inform your workplace, NOK or any other information that was previously given to the UML
7. Inform your neighbours to be on the alert - at this point no need for face. Thicken your skin so that we can stop these scums.
8. DO not fall into the trap to engage another LML or UML to pay off the old unlicensed loans...the cycle will not stop and the "hole" will just get bigger.
9. Take 1 step back and learn to relax. Majority of these UML operate overseas and they only engage runners to do their dirty work. With the CCTV - they can try to do th dirty work but at least you have captured the faces and got evidence. WIth that you can help our SPF guys to nab them.
10. Last but not least - STOP FUNDING CRIMINALS. By stopping any payment - you are cutting their lifeline and income source to engage runners or continue harrassing other people. If anyone keeps paying them - you are "actually" funding their dirty work.

No need to be stress of these muthafxxxxxs. All just talk but no balls.PErsonally if they dare come - i will keep them one time jialat jialat one. then i report to police..lol.

Aion99

Reaction score
U need to go down n talk to yr handler. They will negotiate within yr means... also they r Christian grp so need to go thru 10 session with them...

I 2 session n run off.
Partly also stress up handle LML n AL issue...
wat happens if LML cant pay, will they come office to demand payment or make a scene, looked likely will lose my job if they come to office to demand

Plzhalp

Reaction score
Like i mentioned in the earlier posts:

1. Never give out your details to anyone especially your NRIC, Singpass etc even if its just "enquiring" - especially online web or sms/whatsapp loan scheme.
They will entice u by saying installment plans for 1k loan or above to throw the "bait".
They will act professional as if they are licensced lenders but based on latest Moneylending act - Licensed Money lending cannot solicited or transact any business via phone, sms or any communication method. Must go through paper contract only.

2. If you are already "engaged" or made the wrong move to engage them, nvr surrender your bank account to them. Because once they have your bank account - it will look to SPF as if you are abetting them in opening bank account for money laundering and transfers. Based on experience - these AL never use their own bank accounts for repayments...its always some other borrowers bank account.
How they work is like this --> You request for loan - they "hunt" other pitiful borrowers for defer payment - then they ask them to transfer the so called repayment to your account(without u knowing) and when its your turn to repay - they try to find new borrowers (common phrase used by AL - wait i find account for u) for you to transfer your repayment to their account.
That's y its hard to trace their tracks as they have little footprint for police to nab them.

3. In order for them to be "successfull" in this trade, they use fear to intidimate you and force to keep up with the payment. The defer payments normally are monies which some pitiful borrowers who go and make new accounts for the money to be cash out and handed to them personally.(money mules)

4. UML and LML are using the same database. So if you are borrowing from LML, chances are u will receive calls from UML to so-call help u in your LML loans by getting unlicensed loans from them to pay off your LML. They work together so their business can thrive. Simple logic - Demand=business and to create demand - they need to create "opportunity".

Therefore the only way to stop these suckers is only thru these :

1. Never engage into UML
2. If unknowingly got entangled : stop paying them
3. Report police - inform them on all the numbers and accounts you were given.
4. Installl CCTV and turn on motion detectors.
5. close your bank account and change your mobile number
6. Inform your workplace, NOK or any other information that was previously given to the UML
7. Inform your neighbours to be on the alert - at this point no need for face. Thicken your skin so that we can stop these scums.
8. DO not fall into the trap to engage another LML or UML to pay off the old unlicensed loans...the cycle will not stop and the "hole" will just get bigger.
9. Take 1 step back and learn to relax. Majority of these UML operate overseas and they only engage runners to do their dirty work. With the CCTV - they can try to do th dirty work but at least you have captured the faces and got evidence. WIth that you can help our SPF guys to nab them.
10. Last but not least - STOP FUNDING CRIMINALS. By stopping any payment - you are cutting their lifeline and income source to engage runners or continue harrassing other people. If anyone keeps paying them - you are "actually" funding their dirty work.

No need to be stress of these muthafxxxxxs. All just talk but no balls.PErsonally if they dare come - i will keep them one time jialat jialat one. then i report to police..lol.

Thanks.... What's ur case...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.