HWZ GoPro users

Extremme

Master Member
Reaction score
Guys, am new to action camera hence trying to buy a 2nd hand one. Is it a good buy if someone is selling me a gopro hero 5 black bought early this year at 300? The only thing is the cable is missing. Can any USB-C cable charge gopro hero 5? Thks.

Given a choice, would you prefer a 2nd hand gopro 5 with everything but no box or no charging cable?

Last edited:

Anything_Whatever

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, am new to action camera hence trying to buy a 2nd hand one. Is it a good buy if someone is selling me a gopro hero 5 black bought early this year at 300? The only thing is the cable is missing. Can any USB-C cable charge gopro hero 5? Thks.

Given a choice, would you prefer a 2nd hand gopro 5 with everything but no box or no charging cable?

GoPro 7 coming soon...

Price for GoPro 6 Black may drop....

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If you want a Hero 5, get a 2nd hand Hero 2018 instead and do the firmware crack to Hero 5.

They are basically the same hardware, the Hero 2018 is just crippled via firmware. You can find some selling at Carousell.

hellhole

Reaction score
If you want a Hero 5, get a 2nd hand Hero 2018 instead and do the firmware crack to Hero 5.

They are basically the same hardware, the Hero 2018 is just crippled via firmware. You can find some selling at Carousell.

u koe how to do? have you done it?

Anything_Whatever

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If your Budget is around $300/-.... suggest you wait for Qoo10’s 10.10 sale or Black Friday sale
Might be able to get BNIB Hero 5 for around your Budget.

For now, Brand new Hero 5 is going @ $350/-

frotle009

Reaction score
Intend to buy gopro hero 2018. Does it comes with a selfie stick?
Not sure if want to buy Hero 7 white instead, but heard it comes with the same specs and built in battery.

nwh_sg

Reaction score
Intend to buy gopro hero 2018. Does it comes with a selfie stick?
Not sure if want to buy Hero 7 white instead, but heard it comes with the same specs and built in battery.

disadvantage of built-in battery is when the battery dies, your gopro also dies. troublesome to rma.

Hero 7 White has no gps too.

One thing going for the new Hero is probably its audio quality. From review, the 7 Black (not sure about White but I guess it should be the same) has much better audio compared to Hero 6/Hero 5.

Last edited:

diwi66

Reaction score
Hi all,

i am interested to get the new gopro hero 7 black.
I saw on gopro that they are selling for $595.

But i saw on carousell there are some sellers taking in pre-orders and price is cheaper than gopro itself. like $525-$550?

How come they can sell cheaper than gopro website?
I am just curious, does anyone knows why?

Anything_Whatever

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

i am interested to get the new gopro hero 7 black.
I saw on gopro that they are selling for $595.

But i saw on carousell there are some sellers taking in pre-orders and price is cheaper than gopro itself. like $525-$550?

How come they can sell cheaper than gopro website?
I am just curious, does anyone knows why?

$595/- is local set with local warranty by official distributor.

Those carousel sellers are parallel importers, bought in from other countries....
May not have warranty (so relying on international warranty) or limited shop warranty.

So you have to consider whether the price difference is worth paying for...

cloudangel

Reaction score
Sian.... just bought the Hero 6 Black awhile black then now come out hero 7 already -_-

Don't much of a different but the improved stabilization seems pretty neat

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sian.... just bought the Hero 6 Black awhile black then now come out hero 7 already -_-

Don't much of a different but the improved stabilization seems pretty neat

go pro 6 stabilization jerks around too much.

Extremme

Master Member
Reaction score
Guys quick question abt charging. I am charging my hero 5 directly from the camera itself but I realise that after charging for a while, the charging icon (lightning) will be changed to the USB connection icon (plug). Question is, is the battery still being charged.
ybc4xO3l.jpg

iL3PxRhl.jpg

Last edited:

Anything_Whatever

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
During charging there are red light indicator..

Once full charge, the red light will go off.... thus the icon change from lightning to cable plug symbol (that one is not USB symbol)

What is puzzling is the screen should be off.... did you set the screen to Always On ?
It will drain the battery very fast.

Extremme

Master Member
Reaction score
During charging there are red light indicator..

Once full charge, the red light will go off.... thus the icon change from lightning to cable plug symbol (that one is not USB symbol)

What is puzzling is the screen should be off.... did you set the screen to Always On ?
It will drain the battery very fast.
I was monitoring it the whole time yesterday. The battery was not full yet but it was still charging when the cable plug icon appeared and its not 100% yet. And yes I think my display is set to always on. Will change it

Anything_Whatever

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was monitoring it the whole time yesterday. The battery was not full yet but it was still charging when the cable plug icon appeared and its not 100% yet. And yes I think my display is set to always on. Will change it

It should be fully charged and on standby mode....
If battery juice drop to 95~98%, it will auto charge up again (meaning lightning icon and red light should come on again).

Take note a fully charged battery starts to drain very slowly even though you are not using the GoPro cam... reason could be some features are turn on at standby ready mode (eg. remote voice command, Bluetooth etc.)

Mine is GoPro 6 and it’s is behaving like that....

nwh_sg

Reaction score
It should be fully charged and on standby mode....
If battery juice drop to 95~98%, it will auto charge up again (meaning lightning icon and red light should come on again).

Take note a fully charged battery starts to drain very slowly even though you are not using the GoPro cam... reason could be some features are turn on at standby ready mode (eg. remote voice command, Bluetooth etc.)

Mine is GoPro 6 and it’s is behaving like that....

I disabled those bluetooth, voice command features.
If not using the gopro, remove the battery.
Before use, charge the battery fully, plug the gopro to computer for it to auto update the date/time (or you update it manually).

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.