Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

kleong

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
3 weeks back, a guy called me to offer me a loan. borrow 1k take 1k, pay 1.2k ($400/month) and i agreed because i was very broke and lost my job. eventually i only received $400, pay $650 or $200 deferment and pay full must inform one day in advance between 12pm-12.10pm. okay next week due and i transfer $650 as mentioned, so far so good.

started calling me late last week and this week and ask me support him, ask me take loan. told him i don't need money and he start pestering me asking me to support him. he called me in the evening just now again ask me to loan, i picked up the phone only because it's a unknown number (private number) imo, heard his voice and i mute the call as in i act like no reception. the next thing i know i receive $790 in my bank account, 1st transaction is $600 via ibanking and 2nd transaction is $190 from cash deposit machine.

i know very obvious i have been scammed so i need help here. i read this thread, should block them change number close account report police...

which one should i do first? report police or close bank account first? i did call the npc hotline to enquire just now, doesn't sound very helpful to me and i heard a smirk from the police.

please help me bros and sis.

Likely they need an account to recv the money so force transfer to you. 2 debtors so your amount comes in two transaction. So report police and tell them what happen. Next is close your bank account

chulu2810

Reaction score
For me if happen, I confiscate n pass AL a police number saying bank call n report. Ask them call police to collect.
U didn't agreed on the loan so their issue.

Do the banks have an option to reject fund transfers from unknown accounts?

Will be good if have.. cos can stop those smelly forced loans

chulu2810

Reaction score
Now at least big amt, bank check more details.
My 27k AL, I am going ask them meet n collect. Say SPF monitoring me liao... can't use acc trf.....
See how they react.
Bombard my phone yesterday till I fed up n block.
Just unblock to show I am reachable.

For me if happen, I confiscate n pass AL a police number saying bank call n report. Ask them call police to collect.
U didn't agreed on the loan so their issue.

chulu2810

Reaction score
Now my acc waiting for them to donate...
Lol

They trying their luck, you should tell the AL say that u don't have money and don't want the loan, if don't want to give u account to trf him back then say nvm ask him go police station own self collect.... I recommend u to close ur bank tmrw and withdraw out all the money first, if you bank account still exist, they might they others u are a good fish etc and later many unknown money will be trf to ur account...u can not let them see that u fear and u paid them back with interest if not they will know u easy prey...don't be too detailed here....after all this is a public space...

lonewolf909

Reaction score
My 27k AL, I am going ask them meet n collect. Say SPF monitoring me liao... can't use acc trf.....
See how they react.

If it's AL illegal you should just changed number bro ,install CCTV if you like let the police handle . It already happened . If they transfer money ? Just keep in case neighbour accidentally kena you can compensate them a bit via AL money lol

Plzhalp

Reaction score
See how they react.

Haha....a lot pattern 😂😂....make them run in circle...

Plzhalp

Reaction score
If it's AL illegal you should just changed number bro ,install CCTV if you like let the police handle . It already happened . If they transfer money ? Just keep in case neighbour accidentally kena you can compensate them a bit via AL money lol

Haha....nice....

JCGNGIAM

Reaction score
updates @ 1:09pm.

yesterday i wa the 'initial' AL to ask why he transfer money to me because i never say for any loans. he just replied me okay, say he never transfer. should i reply him? if yes, what should i say? thanks in advance.

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
Didn’t he wa you the terms and conditions? If he still deny, then thank him for his generosity and stupidity. Also close your bank account.

yesterday i wa the 'initial' AL to ask why he transfer money to me because i never say for any loans. he just replied me okay, say he never transfer. should i reply him? if yes, what should i say? thanks in advance.

Plzhalp

Reaction score

Haha...!! If he say never transfer then free money lo!!!! Yeah like what Jamie says....never transfer then tell u repayment terms for fck.....pattern many many ask him go hg....!!

JCGNGIAM

Reaction score
Didn’t he wa you the terms and conditions? If he still deny, then thank him for his generosity and stupidity. Also close your bank account.

at 2+am a 'new' AL only send me $800 pay 1.1k, want clear must inform one day in advance like that only. never even say when must return, idiots really.

Swindler44

Reaction score
at 2+am a 'new' AL only send me $800 pay 1.1k, want clear must inform one day in advance like that only. never even say when must return, idiots really.

You are so lucky. Now I wish ah long can transfer money to me without telling me. Need them to donate some money.

Swindler44

Reaction score
Anyone owe lot of money to the ah long and don't intend to pay but worry they will send runner to harass you at night?

You can hired me to watch for you to prevent runner come.
12am to 6am.

mahjong saint

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think some people getting more tua kang

Scam AL their money? You think they are vegetarians meh, will do nothing about it meh

JCGNGIAM

Reaction score
You are so lucky. Now I wish ah long can transfer money to me without telling me. Need them to donate some money.

where got lucky? transfer me $790 and then say i borrow $800, short change me $10 leh. second AL just wa me again, ask me to acknowledge his message leh. how? lololol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.