Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

yhs123321

Reaction score
Went one lml apply 6k , say want 8~10 instalment as told in phone conversation they said hv subject to approval ,chk here and there call my friends and ask me me manager number want to call , i almost fed up raise voice say take back ic no need borrow ,then change another higher rank officer attend me say ok ,nevermind just see thru my phone working whatsap ,then smiling face say the manager approved my loan 4k pay 5 months ,like want to congrat me ,monthly 10xx for 5 months ,i was shock the way they calculate, according the laws monthly 4% and in reducing basis ,how they count it? I turn down say consider first then manager came out keep persuade me to take the 4k then go other shop take 2k ? What the fu*k,i asked to take back ic and walk away , lucky the manager still very nice no rude.

chulu2810

Reaction score
I have.
They both r linked.
I cleared 1 L ml n few days receive UML ads...
I lodged a complaint to ROM....

Keep all your conversation with them and your receipt . If you're right and your counting all Swee tell them you'll make a report . Or better still go the office and demand to see their manager . She or he is the one sitting inside the office which you'll never see .

May I asked after you took Legal money lender did you received any Ah long WhatsApp ? Promoting their shop or loan companies ?

yhs123321

Reaction score
Went one lml apply 6k , say want 8~10 instalment as told in phone conversation they said hv subject to approval ,chk here and there call my friends and ask me me manager number want to call , i almost fed up raise voice say take back ic no need borrow ,then change another higher rank officer attend me say ok ,nevermind just see thru my phone working whatsap ,then smiling face say the manager approved my loan 4k pay 5 months ,like want to congrat me ,monthly 10xx for 5 months ,i was shock the way they calculate, according the laws monthly 4% and in reducing basis ,how they count it? I turn down say consider first then manager came out keep persuade me to take the 4k then go other shop take 2k ? What the fu*k,i asked to take back ic and walk away , lucky the manager still very nice no rude.

If i will calculate in this way, anyone hv idea is this correct , 1st month 4k x 4% =160 ,2nd month 3200 x4%=128 ,3rd 2400x4%=96 ,4th 1600x4%=64 ,5th 800x 4%=32 , so total interest 160+132+96+64+32=480 ,principal 4000+480 divide by 5 , how to be 10xx per month for 5 months ,anyone know?

rigrig

Reaction score
you are right man. no nicer ones all same those talk nice is just fake cannot go hard they will go soft means they also weak.

There is no nicer one . Both are actually the same Singapore / Malaysian syndicate and they have investors . The real Singapore ones you have to meet them and must have referrals or their kaki lang and usually they will give big amounts for businesses etc and they will swee with you if you Swee return. The real Singapore ones are not stupid to play in SG via WhatsApp etc they might invest in Malaysia tho because if you're based here your chances are super high to be caught sooner or later .

The WhatsApp or calls and no meet ups are all the same Ah Long the white collars mix with streets and operate behinds the laptops online or phones . Their runners are all debtors SG youths and even foreign workers . And if you owed them and managed to pay and close and they don't bother ? Quickly closed bank account and phone number so they can't offer you anymore or prank you .

If you still owed them and genuinely can't pay up means you'll be indebted forever so quickly make a police report , close bank account change number DONT REPEAT MISTAKES and follow police instructions and co operate if you been harrased . They may or may not harrased you if your debt is below 2 k unless they know you're timid or can squeezed or father rich etc . But anything five thousand especially 5 k principal amount and above haven't cleared that's where they will really do it .

That's why there's many debtors who default with AL with less than 2 k don't see any issues in their flats but nervous for two months or or and even if it happens it's a scribble on the walls . But if you owe 4-5 k and even worse 10 k above you'll see they will invest in runners ( debtors themselves) and harrased you twice or more .

Some workers would even call you again despite your bar records in the past because as far as these workers on the phone is concern it's a job and it's not their money to begin with . They need to eat and greed has no boundaries .

If you owe them 2 k or less ? Your chance is 50 - 50 or even never . But don't sueh if your block or area happen to have a few debtors who ran off they might harrased you also since they can utilise their lanjio runners . They are not that stupid they also use mathematics to apply their strategy haha .

JCGNGIAM

Reaction score
im at the npc since 6pm and im still here, waited for 2 hours for my queue number to be called and then till now still making report.

anyone experience before? mata can seize the money leh, lololol.

JCKH0380

Reaction score
Now at least big amt, bank check more details.
My 27k AL, I am going ask them meet n collect. Say SPF monitoring me liao... can't use acc trf.....
See how they react.
Bombard my phone yesterday till I fed up n block.
Just unblock to show I am reachable.

Dont pay la. Just see what they can do

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Tomorrow will call them and see what they say . Cfm still ask for money as it's "only" 150 as they said ..

I believe some of the ah long operator take boss money and turn into scammer loan..IE boss give then maybe 50k operate then the runner will tell loan they loan out weekly loan @ 20% mthly but they do monkey business like loan those ******** deffered loan..that how they earn more money behind their boss back..the big boss expect ROI of 10% mthly.

JCGNGIAM

Reaction score
made police report liao, they make it damn complicated and the officer also say it's the first time he like seize the money. hahahahaha.

Headached

Reaction score
Bro...let them send DC to ur house.next few day u call them and say u no money to pay..u want installment plan..u just tell them how much u afford to pay..no need to go any counselling for helping...i have 7 LML i call them on my own...my installment from 8 month to 14month..

Tomorrow will call them and see what they say . Cfm still ask for money as it's "only" 150 as they said ..

Nnnlynh

Reaction score
Hi , i had loan an amount of $1500 from Ulm(which i really dont knowuntil i google abt the name that he posted on fb and i found out that there is no such place or company) , i only pay defer which is $330 as the repayment plan was $660x3 . After i pay the defer i straight mia and change my number . Today his runner came my house and spoke to my sister saying that i owe his boss money . Then the al text my new number as my sister got scared so she give my new number . Now the al tell me to pay him $2200 then he will not disturb me again , if i choose not to he will be sending his runner again n again the harrass my family . Police report has been made but hvent go to the town council to seek permission to install cctv yet . My whole family knows abiut it alao . Now the thing is shud i transfer him ? Need advice . Thank you

Nnnlynh

Reaction score
Hi , i had loan an amount of $1500 from Ulm(which i really dont knowuntil i google abt the name that he posted on fb and i found out that there is no such place or company) , i only pay defer which is $330 as the repayment plan was $660x3 . After i pay the defer i straight mia and change my number . Today his runner came my house and spoke to my sister saying that i owe his boss money . Then the al text my new number as my sister got scared so she give my new number . Now the al tell me to pay him $2200 then he will not disturb me again , if i choose not to he will be sending his runner again n again the harrass my family . Police report has been made but hvent go to the town council to seek permission to install cctv yet . My whole family knows abiut it alao . Now the thing is shud i transfer him ? Need advice . Thank you

Now he wants me to pay tomorrow, but i mention to him he that i cant pay . His runner keeps on calling my sister which she got really scared

Aion99

Reaction score
Bro...let them send DC to ur house.next few day u call them and say u no money to pay..u want installment plan..u just tell them how much u afford to pay..no need to go any counselling for helping...i have 7 LML i call them on my own...my installment from 8 month to 14month..
Really can stretch till 14 months? Then every month need to pay how much, let's say for a 5k loan ? I always think that after 6 months late, it will automatically become bad debt?

Swindler44

Reaction score
Now he wants me to pay tomorrow, but i mention to him he that i cant pay . His runner keeps on calling my sister which she got really scared

Find one day you ask the runner to come up your house and collect the money from you. Instead of passing him the money, you call the police to caught him red handed. Seriously first time I hear ah long runner dare to show his face. Mostly they only dare to splash paint all that and will dare to show their face.

maxphreak

Reaction score
Find one day you ask the runner to come up your house and collect the money from you. Instead of passing him the money, you call the police to caught him red handed. Seriously first time I hear ah long runner dare to show his face. Mostly they only dare to splash paint all that and will dare to show their face.
1. First and foremost - faster install cctv & turn on motion detector(will capture face or record video when motion activated) - while waiting for town council approval.
2. Then lay an "ambush" for the runner - Arrange him to come to your house "collect" money. (normally if you chio them come - they wont come)
But if he says ok - ask him come and u call police asap to catch this fxxxxr.
3. Update the police of the phone numbers of the AL or runner.
4. Close your bank account
5. Change your numbers - Sis, family, NOK whoever necessary.
6. inform your neighbours to be vigilant and alert the police of these fxxxxrs or any suspicious loitering around your premises. (by now u must man up and thick skin already -- dun bother to "save" face) - they have the right to know and probably can help nab these fxxxxxs.
7. Take a deep breath, relax and read thru this thread of all the experiences of those who also went thru this phase. From there you will know you are not alone and we can fight back by keeping our composure and stay chilled.
8. Last but not least - STOP FUNDING CRIMINALS. By paying them back will not solve or stop these harrassment but only embolden them to continue harassing u. And indirectly you are funding them to continue their dirty work. (I believe even police also ask you to stop paying them)

Nnnlynh

Reaction score

Actually the guy who came up my house was chinese mid 30s person . Which my sis say he talk in a very sweet manner to ask me to make the payment asap . He even says that if i nver make the payment they will do more worst things such as burn our door or splash paint which my dad also know their tactics. So i dont transfer him and just ignore ? I just dont want the guy to come again as i still hv kids at home ... hais ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.