Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

snap99

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quick question. Will 200,000 yen be enough for 2 pax 11 days stay in tokyo only for 3 meals a day suica pass and some souvenir shopping? Other stuff will go on credit cards. Probably will have a good meal every 2-3 days not above $60-$70. Other than that gonna eat normally.

That’s probably good enough for me. But you are going to spend 11 days all in Tokyo ?

Reaction score
This monk is real one? She just stands there with no facial expression.
I might see her next month and drop her some offerings.

DhujzG3.jpg

melankholy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Shld be ok

$60-70 meals assume 10k yen, 4 meals, so 40k.
100k per pax - 40k still left 60k. Or abt 6k yen a day, which is enuf if just normal meals, small souvenirs, and traveling within city.

Big ticket items I assume u will use card. E.g. Shinkansen ticket, Disneyland. In fact, if u are running low on cash during the trip, u can just use card for the expensive meals also

Thanks. $60-$70 meal for 2 pax. Not per person ah :o Been going through some food prices and some are borderline ridiculous so i think we are gonna stick with that budget.

melankholy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That’s probably good enough for me. But you are going to spend 11 days all in Tokyo ?

Yup. Maybe 1 day to see Mt Fuji but thats it. I dont really like to rush around and change hotels so we basically have full days in shibuya, shinjuku etc etc just to explore the area.

snap99

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks. $60-$70 meal for 2 pax. Not per person ah :o Been going through some food prices and some are borderline ridiculous so i think we are gonna stick with that budget.

You can get pretty good and enjoyable food at 2 to 3000+ per pax .... of course don’t look at those high class sushi or Kaiseki things

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup. Maybe 1 day to see Mt Fuji but thats it. I dont really like to rush around and change hotels so we basically have full days in shibuya, shinjuku etc etc just to explore the area.

Yup..Did something similar for my last trip...1 day trip to Hakone, slowly took our time around(Previously have been to Tokyo for 4D)..

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Anyone there right now? How's the typhoon situation?

The typhoon is moving through Japan now. It's currently at Kagoshima moving towards Miyazaki and Oita, bringing a lot a lot of rain within one hour. A lot of places in Miyazaki are experiencing high water levels (i.e. risk of flooding).

Disclaimer: I'm not there, I'm just following news... (I don't really understand Japanese but can catch some phrases here and there.)

Live news coverage of the typhoon here: https://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/live/index.html?utm_int=all_contents_tv-news_live

Current forecast of the typhoon course: http://www.jma.go.jp/en/typh/index.html

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
JR East will suspend all their services in Tokyo metropolitan tonight from 8pm (jst).

BlueBulb

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys

tot on my upcoming trip?
im leaving this thursday late night flight.
solo trip, not driving. have JR Passes.

need help with D2 / D4 / D9 / D10

D1 SG - Fukuoka - Kumamoto | Kumamon Central / Kumamoto Castle
D2 Kumamoto | ASO -
D3 Kumamoto | Kagoshima - Tenmonkan / Kagoshima Aquarium / Sakurajima
D4 Kumamoto | Kumamoto - Amakusa OR Hitoyoshi
D5 Kumamoto - Yufuin | Yufuin -
D6 Yufuin | Yufuin -
D7 Yufuin - Fukokua | JR Hakata City / Nakasu-Kawabata / Canal City Hakata
D8 Fukuoka | Nagasaki City - Dejima / Chinatown / Glover Garden OR Huis Ten Bosch + Atomic Bomb Museum
D9 Fukuoka | Saga - A Yanagawa - River tour / Unagi Meal
D10 Fukuoka | Beppu - Jigoku / Mud Bath / Onsen
D11 Fukuoka | Tenjin / Bay Area / Mojiko
D12 AIRPORT

@evilerniex u there?
i saw yr itinerary u send me 3 mths ago.. like fukuoka and nagasaki i can touch up abit.

Last edited:

Witch King

Master Member
Reaction score
I have little driving experience so I was wondering is it easy to drive around Hokkaido?

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys

tot on my upcoming trip?
im leaving this thursday late night flight.
solo trip, not driving. have JR Passes.

need help with D2 / D4 / D9 / D10

D1 SG - Fukuoka - Kumamoto | Kumamon Central / Kumamoto Castle
D2 Kumamoto | ASO -
D3 Kumamoto | Kagoshima - Tenmonkan / Kagoshima Aquarium / Sakurajima
D4 Kumamoto | Kumamoto - Amakusa OR Hitoyoshi
D5 Kumamoto - Yufuin | Yufuin -
D6 Yufuin | Yufuin -
D7 Yufuin - Fukokua | JR Hakata City / Nakasu-Kawabata / Canal City Hakata
D8 Fukuoka | Nagasaki City - Dejima / Chinatown / Glover Garden OR Huis Ten Bosch + Atomic Bomb Museum
D9 Fukuoka | Saga - A Yanagawa - River tour / Unagi Meal
D10 Fukuoka | Beppu - Jigoku / Mud Bath / Onsen
D11 Fukuoka | Tenjin / Bay Area / Mojiko
D12 AIRPORT

@evilerniex u there?
i saw yr itinerary u send me 3 mths ago.. like fukuoka and nagasaki i can touch up abit.

wat is ur plan for getting to Aso? coz it seems like the train line from kumamoto to aso is still down:
https://www.japan-guide.com/news/0035.html

ur nagasaki is a day trip from fukuoka? dun think u have time for huis ten bosch. it is more abt 1.5hrs to get from nagasaki to huis ten bosch, and typically u would want to spend the whole day at the theme park.
i would suggest u just focus on the places within nagasaki city. and maybe go up mt inasa in the evening for the night view. if not, u can visit huis ten bosch from fukuoka (abt 2hrs by train) on some other days, but have to drop some other places.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have little driving experience so I was wondering is it easy to drive around Hokkaido?

i have not driven in hokkaido, but i have done so in kyushu, okinawa, shikoku, ibaraki. my experience is that it is much easier to drive in japan than in sg. coz the drivers are friendlier and the traffic is less heavy.

VD

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
why dont you group both Beppu and Yufuin together, since both are close to each other? Evilerniex is right about Huis Ten Bosch, you probably can do only that with Mt Inasa at night and not forgetting you still need to factor in traveling back to Fukuoka.

4 years ago, I stayed in Beppu > Kagoshima > Kumamoto > Nagasaki and Fukuoka

remember to try the Tori and horse sashimi at Kagoshima

BlueBulb

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wat is ur plan for getting to Aso? coz it seems like the train line from kumamoto to aso is still down:
https://www.japan-guide.com/news/0035.html

ur nagasaki is a day trip from fukuoka? dun think u have time for huis ten bosch. it is more abt 1.5hrs to get from nagasaki to huis ten bosch, and typically u would want to spend the whole day at the theme park.
i would suggest u just focus on the places within nagasaki city. and maybe go up mt inasa in the evening for the night view. if not, u can visit huis ten bosch from fukuoka (abt 2hrs by train) on some other days, but have to drop some other places.

Aso ? just wanna go ssrr.. i saw got Bus schedule from one of the stations.

i was thinking of dropping Atomic bomb museum and jus go Huis Ten Bosch.
Ya, staying at Fukuoka Hakata station.

why dont you group both Beppu and Yufuin together, since both are close to each other? Evilerniex is right about Huis Ten Bosch, you probably can do only that with Mt Inasa at night and not forgetting you still need to factor in traveling back to Fukuoka.

4 years ago, I stayed in Beppu > Kagoshima > Kumamoto > Nagasaki and Fukuoka

remember to try the Tori and horse sashimi at Kagoshima

because going to Beppu from Yufuin.. erm.. like quite far.. i just wanna chill and relax at Yufuin.. since the first day going yufuin will be afternoon liao..

am going over Yufuin from Kumamoto.
My stays are pretty fixed. am leaving in 3 days time.

erm.. so Huis Ten Bosch? Drop nagasaki city?

Last edited:

BlueBulb

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so guys...
is the below ok?

most likely D4 i will go Hitoyoshi
should i swap any of the days? like D8 <-> D10 ?

D1 (Fri) SG - Fukuoka - Kumamoto || Kumamon Central / Kumamoto Castle
D2 (Sat) Kumamoto || ASO -
D3 (Sun) Kumamoto || Kagoshima - Tenmonkan / Kagoshima Aquarium / Sakurajima
D4 (Mon) Kumamoto || Amakusa OR Hitoyoshi
D5 (Tues) Kumamoto - Yufuin || Yufuin -
D6 (Wed) Yufuin || Yufuin -
D7 (Thurs) Yufuin - Fukuokua || JR Hakata City / Nakasu-Kawabata / Canal City Hakata / Fukuoka Tower
D8 (Fri) Fukuoka || Nagasaki - Huis Ten Bosch
D9 (Sat) Fukuoka || Yanagawa - River tour / Unagi Meal -- Fukuoka - Marinoa City
D10 (Sun) Fukuoka || Beppu - Jigoku / Mud Bath / Onsen
D11 (Mon) Fukuoka || Tenjin / Bay Area / Mojiko
D12 Fukuoka || FLY SG

Last edited:

unhinged_loon

Reaction score
Quick question, what kind of jacket to recommend for Japan (Osaka, Kyoto, Shizuoka, Tokyo) next week, 15-25C range (and wet too)?

Another one, I'd be transiting at Haneda and then to Itami. I can't get a ICOCA card at Itami (only Kansai which has JR West) right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.