Android TV Box

DenKoh

Reaction score
I saw one of the vendors of these box using a RSS app to watch HK, Korean and Chinese drama. This app can search the dramas using English names which is a great plus for someone like me who is pathetic in Chinese.

May someone let me know the name of this app? I don't seem to be able to find it. Many thanks

white_prince

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SML selling redbean and MT4K boxes
I wonder if they’re good?
Anyone can advise

squarepipe

Reaction score
SML selling redbean and MT4K boxes
I wonder if they’re good?
Anyone can advise

If you have under $100 to spend get the Xiaomi mi box. Comes with official android TV os not the nonsense skin android tablet os that those random box come with. If you want a box to play your 4k hdr DTS surround sound media, get the Nvidia shield.

teruanse

Reaction score
If you have under $100 to spend get the Xiaomi mi box. Comes with official android TV os not the nonsense skin android tablet os that those random box come with. If you want a box to play your 4k hdr DTS surround sound media, get the Nvidia shield.

does xiaomi mi or nvidia shield box comes with usb port for downloading of movies?

squarepipe

Reaction score
does xiaomi mi or nvidia shield box comes with usb port for downloading of movies?

If you mean use the usb port for external storage then both devices come with usb ports and support playback from external storage.

Personally I would rather use a streaming service or download the movie to my Nas and stream it on the tv. Putting videos on external storage sounds medieval to me

teruanse

Reaction score
If you mean use the usb port for external storage then both devices come with usb ports and support playback from external storage.

Personally I would rather use a streaming service or download the movie to my Nas and stream it on the tv. Putting videos on external storage sounds medieval to me

Me too, but I mostly watch the show on my mobile during my trip to and fro from work on the train/bus.

C_boliao

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to share my experience. Got my android box from red bean at sls L1. Bought it last year for my mother. After While, she complained it can't be used anymore.

Today I brought it back to the shop as it has 3 years software warranty. Sounds good right?

Guess what, I go back, they tell me lots of the app can't be used anymore, if I want to jail break to watch more channels, I need to pay $40.. WTF right. Then I pointed out about the 3 years software warranty, then she just load in rss media, delete some of the obselet apps. Nothings else was done. For now, from 20+apps when I first buy, claiming all can watch n today, about 5 apps only.

Seriously? Best is just go to the net n learn how to find your own app, how to jail break. Or just subscribe to those app channel.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to share my experience. Got my android box from red bean at sls L1. Bought it last year for my mother. After While, she complained it can't be used anymore.

Today I brought it back to the shop as it has 3 years software warranty. Sounds good right?

Guess what, I go back, they tell me lots of the app can't be used anymore, if I want to jail break to watch more channels, I need to pay $40.. WTF right. Then I pointed out about the 3 years software warranty, then she just load in rss media, delete some of the obselet apps. Nothings else was done. For now, from 20+apps when I first buy, claiming all can watch n today, about 5 apps only.

Seriously? Best is just go to the net n learn how to find your own app, how to jail break. Or just subscribe to those app channel.

what jailbreak? you can install apps in any android box, don't have to break anything.

for appletv, you need jailbreak, because it is locked.

for android box, jailbreak is a term for conman to con money.

C_boliao

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Precisely.. That's why I say no... This shop is really a cheat. Or maybe all the shops there are

what jailbreak? you can install apps in any android box, don't have to break anything.

for appletv, you need jailbreak, because it is locked.

for android box, jailbreak is a term for conman to con money.

TheBaldMan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got those yrly subscription thingy.Just realised they are broadcasted abt 2hrs delay from singtel timimgs.Has it to do with some setting or it is just delyaed screenings?

squarepipe

Reaction score
I got those yrly subscription thingy.Just realised they are broadcasted abt 2hrs delay from singtel timimgs.Has it to do with some setting or it is just delyaed screenings?

Is that a legit subscibtion?

Sounds like some one record the Singtel stream then upload to their app

TheBaldMan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is that a legit subscibtion?

Sounds like some one record the Singtel stream then upload to their app

From what i know,it is tapped from misa or china servers.Actually dont need the paid.Some of the apps provide you with so man6 channels.of the same singtel offers.Subscription just offers you the ease of use lile norm cable tv.

squarepipe

Reaction score
From what i know,it is tapped from misa or china servers.Actually dont need the paid.Some of the apps provide you with so man6 channels.of the same singtel offers.Subscription just offers you the ease of use lile norm cable tv.

prepared to have the stream MIA when they generate too much traffic to handle. Those pirate streams always don't last long and you have to keep searching for new streams

TheBaldMan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
prepared to have the stream MIA when they generate too much traffic to handle. Those pirate streams always don't last long and you have to keep searching for new streams

Yup.Seems the case.Every yr or so.But am happy with it so far.So many movies to watch.Good quality so far.

squarepipe

Reaction score
Yup.Seems the case.Every yr or so.But am happy with it so far.So many movies to watch.Good quality so far.

I never found a web stream that have good quality (bitrate) videos.

Even Netflix 4K looks compressed.

If you are a Videophile, I suggest you download movies 40-100GB for a 4K video or 8GB for a 1080p movie then stream it to your tv box via kodi or plex

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.