Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Status
Not open for further replies.

cracker

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
"I was watching on television Chelsea against Inter and the people in Nice decided the beach was better. They didn't go to the game, the stadium was empty."

"I think the passion many Americans have for soccer deserves more. They deserve the best teams and invest to bring the best clubs to the US.

"But we, and some other clubs, were not able to give to the people the real quality football that can attract even more passion in this country."

im pretty sure he meant that many of his superstar players are away on post WC holiday and was only able to bring a lot of kids for the fans to see.

doesn’t that statement contradict his “ no player is bigger than the club ?”

those fans paid good money to watch the game cos it is Manchester United that will be in action and it is the duty of the manager to ensure any player, famous or not famous, who go out to the field must be proud of that badge on their shirt!

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
don't tell the press a player did badly, ok understand. praise a player also negative impact on squad. lol. at this rate he better not attend any presser. whatever he say also can twist a negative impact lol
probably should color his hair black or something, white hair seems to suggest he gave up on life.
Be responsible in what he says. He sets the example for players. Players get punished for speaking their mind. Managers get away with it. Be representative of the club.

In a normal corporate world, he would have been sacked long ago for the things he said in public. Some things are best mentioned in private to the players.

Sent from Sony G8142 using GAGT

Doomsday

Reaction score
Starting to get pissed with Mourinho and the team. How can he play McT as **? To prove a point? Too too risky and backfired badly. He should have shored up the RW post season. Our squad is unbalanced and too predictable. Slow as hell and static up-front. Something needs to change, and it could be the manager. Sad!

Greysky

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Starting to get pissed with Mourinho and the team. How can he play McT as **? To prove a point? Too too risky and backfired badly. He should have shored up the RW post season. Our squad is unbalanced and too predictable. Slow as hell and static up-front. Something needs to change, and it could be the manager. Sad!

This I argee... Baily is in Cold Storage since slide tackle

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I recall someone posting about EricB getting dropped because he ruled himself out of a game by saying he was ill? Kinda like LouisSaha and his last straw being when he ruled himself out by saying he wasn't feeling right (or something like that).

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ZZ to United slowly gathering pace, not sure to laugh or cry. If the club have to dismiss Jose, Conte or Wenger are good candidates. Yes Zidane will absolutely bring in a good feeling for about three months, a honeymoon period if you like, but i'm not convinced he's the man to stop the rot at the club. You cannot convince me that any ah gao ah mao manager can undo what Jose is doing now. We really have to look at this long term, no more short term fix

Seems like Jose will still be manager today or tomorrow, i am really looking forward to to see what side Jose will put out tomorrow

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
4 players are ruled out for tomorrow's game. Rojo, Herrera, Young and Lingard.

hithere1

Reaction score
reporting here first time to cry together

The void left by SAF has been too big to fill.
Man Utd was never a team full of stars, unlike the galacticos etc, but rather a bunch of decent players playing a game that brought out the best in them.

Everyone's saying we need a good winger, and we had one in DM. And look at how he was positioned, we never played to his strengths.

The games these days are so predictable, stack the midfield, absorb the pressure and park the bus. Catch the opponent on the break and blitz in for a counter attack, which rarely ever works out.

And if you want to play from the back, at least learn how to pass the ball out of trouble, and not be clearing every single ball once the ** gets it.

I miss attacking football so much, and I feel we haven't been hiring the right minded managers that play the kind of football us fans have been used to watching growing up.

Jose, your time is up.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm so looking forward to the matches this month... :(

kaOgEOV.jpg

Will the JM be around to face his old club? I really hope so. Go up against Sarri who is 3 months into the job at the club.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Jose might lose to Sarri (if Jose is still around by then)

That's the idea...its either the final nail to the coffin, best place to happen at his old club against a newbie EPL manager...or a revival.

It's not so bad if you look at it this way...lose (chances of getting sacked higher, goodbye boring football), win..(yay we get 3 points against a "big" rival club in their home ground, got chance to climb out of the bottom half of the table, our away form is still pretty good).

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ZZ to United slowly gathering pace, not sure to laugh or cry. If the club have to dismiss Jose, Conte or Wenger are good candidates. Yes Zidane will absolutely bring in a good feeling for about three months, a honeymoon period if you like, but i'm not convinced he's the man to stop the rot at the club. You cannot convince me that any ah gao ah mao manager can undo what Jose is doing now. We really have to look at this long term, no more short term fix

Seems like Jose will still be manager today or tomorrow, i am really looking forward to to see what side Jose will put out tomorrow

Did you really mention Conte? He is not much different from Mourinho because he likes to set up the team to play defensive & complained about transfers.

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did you really mention Conte? He is not much different from Mourinho because he likes to set up the team to play defensive & complained about transfers.

Yes i did. I would prefer these two over ZZ but i'm not part of the board so it doesn't matter. Play defensive never mind, but must be able to get results to go with it. This Conte fellow just won the Prem just two years ago, and last i saw he beat Jose in the FA cup final last season. And there's the little thing of him managing Pogba well at Juve. Now which manager doesn't complain about transfers you tell me? :s13:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.