TOKARA

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
psg was rumoured to be knocking on jose door

should have approached Poch but he was also considering Marid if offered to him

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
he's also the same person that panicked and extended JM's contract.
maybe if he knew the football scene better, he won't be played around and know JM got so much time left in the contract for him to do re-assessment of his confidence on the manager.

extend the contract liao coincidentally when other managers suddenly available when we didn't end the season with silverware, suddenly that confidence become shaky. hah! too much coincidence man. been using this club to play FM mode too much.
Yeah JMs original contract supposed to end 2019. It should be just nice to see how he does going into his 3rd season before giving out new one. Could at least waited till Jan 2019. Oh well, too late to do anything now. Ed can only suck thumb and either cut his losses.. Or stick with it.

Sent from Sony G8142 using GAGT

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
So do we get prizes for that lol nobody give a **** our premier league position is a joke right now

No fish have to settle for ikan billis.

Sent from Single is not a status. It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone. using GAGT

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what did Ed do with the 'stick with it" option??

JM: i want Perisic, he can also play on right wing sometimes.
Ed: noooo..Martial is still valuable, i wanna keep marketing him at United. here, take Sanchez and make it work. i help u get rid of Miki

JM: my DEF is still shaky, let me inject some experience with Alderweireld
Ed: noooo..i can't get rid of Rojo Jones Smalling like forever. here, take Fred first since Carrick left.
:s22:

imho Ed been toying with the idea to replace JM ever since ZZ left RM. now just testing to see how far the team can still go. probably why he don't wanna buy too many in the summer. insurance policy in case he sacks JM in Nov/Dec.
Ed can only suck thumb and either cut his losses.. Or stick with it.

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score
I highly agree with the suspicion that Ed is using FM to learn and brought FM into real life with MU.

TOKARA

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but lets look at another angle

Jose also got himself to blame. Look at teams like Watford and Bournmouth, did they whine? no. The players play every game like is their last and try to have a go at everyone.

Also look at Wolves who has been very impressive so far. They didnt collapse agst City. I didnt want to include us since we no longer has that fear factor.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what did Ed do with the 'stick with it" option??

JM: i want Perisic, he can also play on right wing sometimes.
Ed: noooo..Martial is still valuable, i wanna keep marketing him at United. here, take Sanchez and make it work. i help u get rid of Miki

JM: my DEF is still shaky, let me inject some experience with Alderweireld
Ed: noooo..i can't get rid of Rojo Jones Smalling like forever. here, take Fred first since Carrick left.
:s22:

imho Ed been toying with the idea to replace JM ever since ZZ left RM. now just testing to see how far the team can still go. probably why he don't wanna buy too many in the summer. insurance policy in case he sacks JM in Nov/Dec.
Yup. Save the money either to sack him or for the next manager.

Let's face it, I'm sure if JM had advanced further in UCL or at least won the FA Cup last season with his 29 yr old buys, Ed might even change his mind and provide funds to buy 2 more 29 yr old, one for defence and 1 for RW.

He didn't hesitate getting us a young RB( to eventually replace Valencia) and another young MF(to replace Carrick/Matic) did he? If there was a young ** or RW in JMs list, I'm sure Ed would have done his best to get them provided they would want to come.

apeape

Reaction score
back a few pages a poster stating SAF tactics would get thrashed in the current modern day football. I will also add old players above 29/30 would get thrashed in modern football as well, especially in the BPL. Maybe thats why Ed didnt agree with JM's targets.

With that said, it does sound alot like a typical FM player, only buying wunderkids haha

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i won't disagree but that is also the time Ed should have grown a pair and sack Jose. doing what he's done now is crippling the manager after he identified areas that his team need improving..
Let's face it, I'm sure if JM had advanced further in UCL or at least won the FA Cup last season with his 29 yr old buys, Ed might even change his mind and provide funds to buy 2 more 29 yr old, one for defence and 1 for RW.
and i agree that nowadays top clubs don't stick with the same mgr for too long or other way round too.

but those clubs are prepared for it. why is that GNev say the mgmt is bouncing around? every time United sack their mgr, they look like the top mgmt are looking thru chapter 1 page 1 of the guidebook on "how to manage a football club"
those that always sack their managers still maintained some sort of continuity, football wise.

Ed however, tried to be DoF or technical director like the predecessors, Gill Kenyon Edwards, and failed miserable. im grateful for the deals he bring to the club, but if the so-called restructure at the club does not sort this headless approach on the football side of the biz, the next manager needs to be a miracle worker. otherwise, it will just repeat and its gonna be hurtful again.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
back a few pages a poster stating SAF tactics would get thrashed in the current modern day football. I will also add old players above 29/30 would get thrashed in modern football as well, especially in the BPL. Maybe thats why Ed didnt agree with JM's targets.

With that said, it does sound alot like a typical FM player, only buying wunderkids haha

need to invest time to make wonderkids into world class players loh.

diamond in the rough, need tons of polishing.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i won't disagree but that is also the time Ed should have grown a pair and sack Jose. doing what he's done now is crippling the manager after he identified areas that his team need improving..

and i agree that nowadays top clubs don't stick with the same mgr for too long or other way round too.

but those clubs are prepared for it. why is that GNev say the mgmt is bouncing around? every time United sack their mgr, they look like the top mgmt are looking thru chapter 1 page 1 of the guidebook on "how to manage a football club"
those that always sack their managers still maintained some sort of continuity, football wise.

Ed however, tried to be DoF or technical director like the predecessors, Gill Kenyon Edwards, and failed miserable. im grateful for the deals he bring to the club, but if the so-called restructure at the club does not sort this headless approach on the football side of the biz, the next manager needs to be a miracle worker. otherwise, it will just repeat and its gonna be hurtful again.
Yup he should have done it during pre season when JM started with his public rantings. You just don't allow your Mgr to do that. It can be done behind close doors but knowing JM, he has to make it public. Now we have the players following his example and things falling apart.

I was for him being replaced before the season started but ppl were saying wait till the season starts when all the players return and things will improve. That pre season form is not an indication of how things will be when the actual season starts. That it's not the time to replace the Mgr etc etc. So now that we are 3 months into the season, when is a good time? Did things improved? Do we wait till we reach rock bottom?

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
pre season oso too late. the minute last season ended and Ed has that 'i think he's not the guy we want here'. Jose should have been asked to leave. better den spending 50m+ on Fred den think about returns.

if Ed or anyone on top has intention of sacking Jose, actually right after Valencia game was a good time. nevermind if we won the game or not, it shouldn't matter anymore .
Carrick n co. prepare for Newcastle, and you got a whole intl week to sort out the new manager for Chelsea game.

of cos that also depends whether by now if Ed has made contacts with candidate. but judging from how Ed been handling transfers, always leaving it so late, i won't even be hopeful, probably still tinkering and checking the FM game for advise. reload save game few times.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
pre season oso too late. the minute last season ended and Ed has that 'i think he's not the guy we want here'. Jose should have been asked to leave. better den spending 50m+ on Fred den think about returns.

if Ed or anyone on top has intention of sacking Jose, actually right after Valencia game was a good time. nevermind if we won the game or not, it shouldn't matter anymore .
Carrick n co. prepare for Newcastle, and you got a whole intl week to sort out the new manager for Chelsea game.

of cos that also depends whether by now if Ed has made contacts with candidate. but judging from how Ed been handling transfers, always leaving it so late, i won't even be hopeful, probably still tinkering and checking the FM game for advise. reload save game few times.
Like how LVG was sacked huh? After winning FA Cup. Only thing Ed wouldn't have anyone in mind yet as replacement. And ZZ hasn't tendered his resignation.

Moreover it will cause an uproar over the fans and JMs supporters cos everyone is busy with WC and JM hasn't done anything negative yet. Not to mention the board wouldn't approve esp as they have to issue a payout if they sack him. On hindsight they should back then.. But now they do have a valid reason to sack him. Just not sure what they are waiting for... Still calculating whether we can qualify for UCL next season perhaps?

Adi Dassler

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Things gonna get alot worst rather than better if past experience is anything to go by. If you think we’ve hit rock bottom, think again.

Stay strong guys...:(

TOKARA

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
im not say Jose has no blame. he has his slice of the blame cake and will need to be removed too but the trouble doesn't just end there.

i would sack half the squad, and bring the youth squad out, those willing to play for the badge.

take a gamble since gg to be sacked or Jose already mentioned some players couldnt care less, but the fact is...i think the players dont know what Jose wants

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Napoli beat Liverpool 1-0 with a last min goal. Liverpool could not get 1 single shot. Most likely Napoli controlled the midfield & had a solid defense. Maybe this is the only way to beat Liverpool.

TOKARA

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
its easy to do it in a game. i know because i do that all the time. :s13:

either way Jose is gg to get sack, so why not gamble like his predecessor who brought out the best of Januzaj and Rashford hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.