Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plzhalp

Reaction score
Hi i have a problem with this loan sharks. One day someone just banked in a mysterious money to my acct. Then after few days messaged me saying I needed to oay the loan or defer. Me being scared as ive heard alot of about loansharks, i paid the amt. He banked in 300 clear 450. So i paid 450..

2 days after (i didnt know.. only today i checked) another 300 was banked in. Without me knowing. I dont know who banked in.. he will probably message me tomorrow.

What should i do with the money. Im afraid they have my info and all as well. As they are all linked together. I had a case last 2 years. But only this year they started again.

Shoukd i change number and close the bank acct where thwy banked in the money?

And what happens if for example i already closed my acct. Then an idiot tried to bank in using cash deposit on that acct.. what will happen to the money?

First of all u didn’t loan...now they trf u $300 ask u return $450 is assuming u take the loan...if u scared the sequence will keep on going...u have to put a stop to it.... u can first of all, ask him to give u account u trf the $300 back and close ur account immediately and also change ur number....once ur account is close they won’t be able to make any trf... what I see now the amount may be other debtor transfer to u... u might get implicated... pls do head down to the police station and make a report ASAP.... keep everything as evidence... inform ur NOK etc to prevent they harass for more money..

If u didn’t loan u don’t have to be scared....u didn’t do anything wrong... these are all their tactics to scam money...

MissAAA

Reaction score
First of all u didn’t loan...now they trf u $300 ask u return $450 is assuming u take the loan...if u scared the sequence will keep on going...u have to put a stop to it.... u can first of all, ask him to give u account u trf the $300 back and close ur account immediately and also change ur number....once ur account is close they won’t be able to make any trf... what I see now the amount may be other debtor transfer to u... u might get implicated... pls do head down to the police station and make a report ASAP.... keep everything as evidence... inform ur NOK etc to prevent they harass for more money..

If u didn’t loan u don’t have to be scared....u didn’t do anything wrong... these are all their tactics to scam money...

Will there be any bank open tomorrow? Like citibank that i could do closing of account? Im very terrified. It happened twice to me. Bur then one person called me asking whether i want to clear all my details.. but have to pay 200 so no unknown banking in to my acct already.

BaconHam

Reaction score
Will there be any bank open tomorrow? Like citibank that i could do closing of account? Im very terrified. It happened twice to me. Bur then one person called me asking whether i want to clear all my details.. but have to pay 200 so no unknown banking in to my acct already.

Its all lies.
They passing arnd also dunno pass to how many alr. U think they got central system meh.

Plzhalp

Reaction score

U call and ask if u can close account through ibanking or phone...you should have closed after u clear them off 2 years ago....it’s all lies they won’t delete....they now using ur bank account for debtor to transfer their funds in and out....pls protect urself first...

winster

Reaction score
Let’s just hope or assume for now they only have your bank account in which case they can do nothing to you. Any chance someone has revealed or might have used your identity to loan before?

If none then make a police report immediately.
Make sure you are firm to tell them you are not paying any money for interest, late charges or whatever. If you give them the impression you are willing to anything to clear you will end up in trouble. But don’t give in. It’s scary as hell but it’s not difficult. Get some support from family and friends to gather some strength.

BaconHam

Reaction score
U call and ask if u can close account through ibanking or phone...you should have closed after u clear them off 2 years ago....it’s all lies they won’t delete....they now using ur bank account for debtor to transfer their funds in and out....pls protect urself first...
Yeah, that's money laundering.
Plus, maybe al needs capital to loan out funds. Assisting uml business

Close acct, chg hp num. Thats the least that can be done now

kleong

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They have your acct and hp number means your info already leaked out. As mentioned, close acct immediately and make police report. Once your acct is closed, they will not be able to do xfer or deposit even with cdm. Change your hp as well. Likely they will scam you even when you close acct.

Hi i have a problem with this loan sharks. One day someone just banked in a mysterious money to my acct. Then after few days messaged me saying I needed to oay the loan or defer. Me being scared as ive heard alot of about loansharks, i paid the amt. He banked in 300 clear 450. So i paid 450..

2 days after (i didnt know.. only today i checked) another 300 was banked in. Without me knowing. I dont know who banked in.. he will probably message me tomorrow.

What should i do with the money. Im afraid they have my info and all as well. As they are all linked together. I had a case last 2 years. But only this year they started again.

Shoukd i change number and close the bank acct where thwy banked in the money?

And what happens if for example i already closed my acct. Then an idiot tried to bank in using cash deposit on that acct.. what will happen to the money?

winster

Reaction score
No disrespect and you only mean well with your experience. But taking a drastic step to change numbers right away and closing accounts makes these *******s be in control of our lives one way or another. It’s just so damn disgusting that one has to change numbers for no fault of theirs. It’s not always easy to change a phone number that you been using for several years.

Well once if AL comes with proof of knowing your home or work address and stuff then perhaps yes. I would wait and watch while closing bank account along with police report as the first few measures.

They have your acct and hp number means your info already leaked out. As mentioned, close acct immediately and make police report. Once your acct is closed, they will not be able to do xfer or deposit even with cdm. Change your hp as well. Likely they will scam you even when you close acct.

lapcheongsap

Reaction score
No disrespect and you only mean well with your experience. But taking a drastic step to change numbers right away and closing accounts makes these *******s be in control of our lives one way or another. It’s just so damn disgusting that one has to change numbers for no fault of theirs. It’s not always easy to change a phone number that you been using for several years.

Well once if AL comes with proof of knowing your home or work address and stuff then perhaps yes. I would wait and watch while closing bank account along with police report as the first few measures.

You might have the strong will to ride this through but not others. Hence most of us here would always advise to cut all communication possible to minimize any interaction with these sc*ms.

winster

Reaction score
Agree. It’s a difficult choice either ways.

In my case i decided to totally ignored any threats and messages including calls to my NOK and home. That happened on first day. Day 2, today I got calls and messages offering loans. All ignored. Not sure what else is coming my way.

But the ignorance and staying firm option works albeit with some unwanted disturbances.

You might have the strong will to ride this through but not others. Hence most of us here would always advise to cut all communication possible to minimize any interaction with these sc*ms.

Fear Less

Reaction score
Agree. It’s a difficult choice either ways.

In my case i decided to totally ignored any threats and messages including calls to my NOK and home. That happened on first day. Day 2, today I got calls and messages offering loans. All ignored. Not sure what else is coming my way.

But the ignorance and staying firm option works albeit with some unwanted disturbances.

The advice here for some can and cannot change number.. ignore and dont read or anzwer smses . for prolong ringing turn to vibrate mode otherwize can be irritating esp in prezence of friend or relative. the bustards will try all means od contact.. the weak will fear . stay strong. i didnt change my numbers. their fingers do get tired .hahaha.

MissAAA

Reaction score
Let’s just hope or assume for now they only have your bank account in which case they can do nothing to you. Any chance someone has revealed or might have used your identity to loan before?

If none then make a police report immediately.
Make sure you are firm to tell them you are not paying any money for interest, late charges or whatever. If you give them the impression you are willing to anything to clear you will end up in trouble. But don’t give in. It’s scary as hell but it’s not difficult. Get some support from family and friends to gather some strength.

Im afraid that they have all my info. So should i pay or should i return the 300 if the person message me today? Closing bank acct also very troublesome. But i will close it already.

Im trying to gather strength to get through this again. Its been tough last 2 years ago. Then this again.

MissAAA

Reaction score
The advice here for some can and cannot change number.. ignore and dont read or anzwer smses . for prolong ringing turn to vibrate mode otherwize can be irritating esp in prezence of friend or relative. the bustards will try all means od contact.. the weak will fear . stay strong. i didnt change my numbers. their fingers do get tired .hahaha.

Mine got tired 2 years ago. 2 people actually. Went to Singapore anti loan shark. Surrendered my sim then they did the talking. I dont know how.. but they stopped disturbing me in my hotel. They can try to come down lah, but lucky they didnt and they are not so stupid to do that. But i did received a letter in my mailbox with all the threats. Haha

Ill just pray that they wont disturb me this time. As i cant pay them anymore. I have a sick father in the icu who needs my help..

Plzhalp

Reaction score
Im afraid that they have all my info. So should i pay or should i return the 300 if the person message me today? Closing bank acct also very troublesome. But i will close it already.

Im trying to gather strength to get through this again. Its been tough last 2 years ago. Then this again.

It really depends on u whether u wanna pay the $300 off....police and the rest will advice u not to pay, whereas some people would say just pay off and at least u don’t owe them... they probably still have ur information... but u have to know the difference between now and then, that time u willingly loan now it’s a scam loan.... make police report and close ur account.... phone number it’s up to u to change... but if u want peace and start a new I highly recommend it... anyways u taking care of ur dad now pls don’t let these fkers affect ur mood....

MissAAA

Reaction score
Im now waiting for the guy to message. He will probably ask for the payment today or tomorrow.

Im really scared of what they can do. The least i could do is give back the 300.. cause hospital bill is not cheap at all.

I tried to message the guy who anyhow transferred me thw 300 last time. Told him that he can get the money from the police if he wants it. (It was yesterday night cause i was pissed) Let's see what he will say..

It really depends on u whether u wanna pay the $300 off....police and the rest will advice u not to pay, whereas some people would say just pay off and at least u don’t owe them... they probably still have ur information... but u have to know the difference between now and then, that time u willingly loan now it’s a scam loan.... make police report and close ur account.... phone number it’s up to u to change... but if u want peace and start a new I highly recommend it... anyways u taking care of ur dad now pls don’t let these fkers affect ur mood....

Plzhalp

Reaction score
Im now waiting for the guy to message. He will probably ask for the payment today or tomorrow.

Im really scared of what they can do. The least i could do is give back the 300.. cause hospital bill is not cheap at all.

I tried to message the guy who anyhow transferred me thw 300 last time. Told him that he can get the money from the police if he wants it. (It was yesterday night cause i was pissed) Let's see what he will say..

Since u been through this u should know that being scared will only let them gain the upper hand...u have to get this straight in ur mind... u did not loan so please don’t be scared.... unless u did...? U scare them with police no use one...

MissAAA

Reaction score
Since u been through this u should know that being scared will only let them gain the upper hand...u have to get this straight in ur mind... u did not loan so please don’t be scared.... unless u did...? U scare them with police no use one...

nope i didnt. Just dont want that person to cause trouble..suprisingly he havent messaged me yet

winster

Reaction score
To pay or not pay.

Or if I may rephrase, to play the game or to succumb.

you could pay back what was transferred (not more) with a message stating that you had not asked for this money. Besides you should tell them they already got more than they transferred. So take it and don’t bother or expect any more from you. Then block. Block all subsequent message with the same reply. At least you will have the peace of mind that it’s returned. They will realise you are turning into a dead end for them. They will eventually channel their time and energy over to someone else.

Or you can tell them the police has clearly told you not to return the money. If you want it come and meet you at the NPC. You have your choices, let them choose theirs. Do not beg or sound apologetic nor belligerent. Be straight and firm.

When you are clean you will be confident. There a no need to be fearful.

nope i didnt. Just dont want that person to cause trouble..suprisingly he havent messaged me yet

winster

Reaction score
My timeline so far.

Day 1: 17th Oct - I made contact and ended the night with the test transfer of 400$.

Day 2: 18th Oct - Received instructions to transfer 1280$ for processing fee. The curious part of me let me transfer 1k. Soon to realise I was fooled. End the night transferring the 700$ (400$+300$) to prevent any further engagement.
Got threatened and was asked to pay 2000$.
Said no and blocked al numbered.

Day 3: 19th Oct - AL called home and my NOK and some calls to my office line. NOK blasted them after I explained the true story. Went NOC and filed report.

Day 4: 20th Oct - Revieved 2 calls offering loans. Blocked one number and let the other one stay unblocked.

Day 5: 21th Oct - Anither missed call from the unblocked number but I missed the call.

Wondering if they change strategy in my case or they are preparing themselves to rain more harassment on me.

My NOK can get super fierce if she wants to. I can’t speak Chinese but she can so probably more effective.

In summary being firm and unyielding definitely works (unless you really owe them). At least for now.

MissAAA

Reaction score
Thank you.

Yes I told the person if he wants the money then take from the police.. as i didnt asked for the loan. If its rhe same person, i already warned him when i cleared his first anyhow transfer of 300.. that the next time he do it i will report to the police. But that person just seen zoned my message. No reply at all.. so im not sure who it is. Still got no message asking for repayment as well.

To pay or not pay.

Or if I may rephrase, to play the game or to succumb.

you could pay back what was transferred (not more) with a message stating that you had not asked for this money. Besides you should tell them they already got more than they transferred. So take it and don’t bother or expect any more from you. Then block. Block all subsequent message with the same reply. At least you will have the peace of mind that it’s returned. They will realise you are turning into a dead end for them. They will eventually channel their time and energy over to someone else.

Or you can tell them the police has clearly told you not to return the money. If you want it come and meet you at the NPC. You have your choices, let them choose theirs. Do not beg or sound apologetic nor belligerent. Be straight and firm.

When you are clean you will be confident. There a no need to be fearful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.