Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinderbuenojhj

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone bought the bundled Funke 550/560 antenna ?

Gotch what diff between this 2 ah ?

Those that get this, any pros and cons ?

sporeknight76

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone bought the bundled Funke 550/560 antenna ?

Gotch what diff between this 2 ah ?

Those that get this, any pros and cons ?
Yup. Btw these 2 higher ends antenna able to recev msia channels? I stay clementi top floor using the initial Draco bunbled w funke250 cant.

benedium

Banned
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have a small problem. When watching Train to Busan on ch5 it keeps reverting to english dubbed audio when i change channel and come back. Is there anyway to make the original language the default?

sunht

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have a small problem. When watching Train to Busan on ch5 it keeps reverting to english dubbed audio when i change channel and come back. Is there anyway to make the original language the default?
Try searching for TV's setting.

Sent from OnePlus 5T using GAGT

suuhhc

Reaction score
Recently I get the pop up message of device speed too slow to record occasionally. Although recording continue, will get shuttering playback. Currently using Sony 16gb thumbdrive & wish to upgrade to 32gb. Any good recommendation? usb 3.0 is unnecessary since the usb port is just 2.0.

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
Does anyone think the newmediasolutions antenna better/worse than your other brand antenna? Maybe you have experience with it and other brands can share. Thanks. I thinking of buying an antenna.

sporeknight76

Master Member
Reaction score
Recently I get the pop up message of device speed too slow to record occasionally. Although recording continue, will get shuttering playback. Currently using Sony 16gb thumbdrive & wish to upgrade to 32gb. Any good recommendation? usb 3.0 is unnecessary since the usb port is just 2.0.
Wat brand u using. Draco or nms or others.

dexter9898

Reaction score

Disable the time shift function in the menu

“Menu” >>”System Setup” >> “Time Shift Setting” and turn off the “Time Shift” function.

Update the firmware also

Firmware Upgrade Instructions from NMS
1. Download the file http://nms.com.sg/Files/STB2T2Firmware.zip
2. Unzip the downloaded file and copy STB2T2Firmware.abs to a thumbdrive.
3. Plug the thumbdrive to the STB and go to Menu->Miscellaneous.
4. Select Firmware Upgrade (Via USB) and select STB2T2Firmware.abs.
5. Proceed to follow the on screen instruction to upgrade the firmware.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

“Menu” >>”System Setup” >> “Time Shift Setting” and turn off the “Time Shift” function.

Update the firmware also

What is the firmware version of this update?

suuhhc

Reaction score
Wat brand u using. Draco or nms or others.

Update the firmware also

Mine is Draco. Actually don't think is box problem but thumbdrive. The Sony thumbdrive I'm using is already few years old & its speed is indeed not fast.

Novalogy

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Want to check if anyone has a similar experience.

I got the free DVB box in Sep 18. It is the NewMedia Solutions box provided by M1 and IMDA.

Initially it was working for a couple of days. It then started to fail to boot up (we turn off the box together with the TV). It would get stuck at the boot screen, showing NewMedia's splash screen. Now it does not even boot. The system is powered on as the LED is lit green.

For display, we wired it up to an old CRT TV (yes I still have one of those) via the AV cables as my father is not familiar with operating the newer TV.

I doubt this is the cause so something must have gone wrong in the box itself.

Calling the hotline at 6655 5571 is useless. The engineer was supposed to call me back but I waited the entire day and did not receive a callback.

I do not have cable TV or Internet TV subscription as my parents rarely watch them.

tl;dr this is what I want to ask

1. Anyone face the same issue with the NewMedia Solutions box failing to boot? If so, what did you do?
2. Now that I've already claimed the free box, I suppose I have to cough up my own cash to buy a new one if the free box can't be fixed?

Thank you

I have the same issue of the unit suddenly stopped working, only difference is that my TV is fairly new. Helpline is of course fairly useless. If you manage to RMA, please post. Thank you!

kinderbuenojhj

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows how much the bundled 550/560 cost now ?

Tiagong Denki is selling @$89, so cheap ?

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I encountered slow recording speed message with my Draco HDT2-7770 when using a cheap Sandisk USB3.0 thumb drive. No issue after switching to Sandisk Extreme USB3.0 thumb drive.

suuhhc

Reaction score
I encountered slow recording speed message with my Draco HDT2-7770 when using a cheap Sandisk USB3.0 thumb drive. No issue after switching to Sandisk Extreme USB3.0 thumb drive.
Which cheap Sandisk USB3.0 thumb drive u used previously?

C32B

Master Member
Reaction score
I have a question. Can I purchase a separately antenna for the tv set top box ? The one that comes with it have to stick to something. Prefer those that is standalone antenna. Any suggestion on where to get this kind of antenna ? Mostly I saw is for DVB T2 TV Antenna. Not for the digital TV set top box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.