Malaysia prepaid card

kitkat2

Reaction score
Thanks. Mainly for video, booking grab, Web surfing.

So where is a good place to buy? How do I activate the 8rm whole day unlimited data? Do I just buy top up card from the shop then just top up online?

digi live gives you 2.5gb of free youtube per week and new card comes with 300mb of free data. is this not enough that you have to pay rm8 per day for unlimited?

please go to digi website and study their products.

fadefade

Reaction score

So where is a good place to buy? How do I activate the 8rm whole day unlimited data? Do I just buy top up card from the shop then just top up online?

read the history of the forum...

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Suggest you read and understand, then it'll be easier for you to take full advantage of what the card offers.

Link - Digi Prepaid Live.

sendhalp

Reaction score
I have both the Hotlink FAST and the current RED. I do actually prefer the FAST as it provides me with free 1GB on Saturday and also 1GB on Sunday ( so long as you have active plan with them). Whenever I'm back to Malaysia, I don't have to purchase data over the weekend.

Also, I may be a bit bias, but I felt that Hotlink is one of the fastest telco in Malaysia.

darkmilk

Reaction score
I have both the Hotlink FAST and the current RED. I do actually prefer the FAST as it provides me with free 1GB on Saturday and also 1GB on Sunday ( so long as you have active plan with them). Whenever I'm back to Malaysia, I don't have to purchase data over the weekend.

Also, I may be a bit bias, but I felt that Hotlink is one of the fastest telco in Malaysia.
Got to agree with you on this that Hotlink is one of the fastest Telco in Malaysia but a pity, it doesn't have something like Digi's Super Long Life RM1 validity extension.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I've been wondering about the real-life situation of this: Can we still use the free 2GB weekend data for FAST, if there's no 4G connection? How's your experience like? :)

Got to agree with you on this that Hotlink is one of the fastest Telco in Malaysia but a pity, it doesn't have something like Digi's Super Long Life RM1 validity extension.
I guess they're so confident with their connection strength that they don't offer such cheaper options... Their (paid) data packages aren't cheap either.

sendhalp

Reaction score

Yes it doesn’t have this RM1 to extend the validity. But what hotlink has is this share-a-top-up promo whereby, you can extend the active day by 1 day and then restart the whole inactive days of 50 days.

sendhalp

Reaction score
I've been wondering about the real-life situation of this: Can we still use the free 2GB weekend data for FAST, if there's no 4G connection? How's your experience like? :)

I guess they're so confident with their connection strength that they don't offer such cheaper options... Their (paid) data packages aren't cheap either.

The free weekend 1GB works on both 4G and 3G. It’s great! Sometimes I wonder why Singapore prepaid services can be as competitive as our Malaysia counterpart

Plurre

Reaction score
Thank you for your above post in sharing your experience.

Your above post shows that -- possibly -- some top up method(s) may not work on the very last day of Digi prepaid inactive/grace period (due to whatever system limitations that exists).

Yes, do update us on this point.

AFAIK (As far as I know),
-- the "Valid till 13 Oct" should be changed to "Expired on 13 Oct" -- when you check the Digi app on 14th Oct.

Because the Digi app itself has regular updates, it may not be surprising if certain wordings/phrase used --- could be different/changed from time to time.

Thank you.

Yes “expired on 13 October” confirmed.

Still unsure why wasn’t able to top up my digi live on 90th day using shopeeMY. Previously, it was “expired on 10 july” so my reload attempt on 8 October was 90th day. I didn’t count wrongly. Maybe because its the first reload since i ported the number over to digi live from tunetalk? There could be many reasons. But nevertheless i will try it out again 90 days later and update here again.

On a side note, ShopeeMY reload works perfectly fine on my other digi card. It isnt a MNP, digi all along.

Last edited:

skty

Reaction score
maxis hotlink has the best coverage...

charges all prepaid cards almost same....

ee-de-em-dubdew

Master Member
Reaction score
seems like rm8 digi prepaid wont be offered around citysquare, is it the case for hotlink red too? meaning the shops in citysquare have the rm10 option

Last edited:

sendhalp

Reaction score
seems like rm8 digi prepaid wont be offered around citysquare, is it the case for hotlink red too? meaning the shops in citysquare have the rm10 option

Go to JBCC. Find the mynews convenient store. It’s like a 7-11 kinda store, and look at their choices of prepaid cards and choose the one you prefer. Once, I was there to buy tunetalk 2rn, and also happen to see Digi and hotlink. All at rrp.

pssmrteo

Reaction score
What's the minimum topup amount for Digi? Is there a way to topup RM1?

I am unable to get any Digi service coverage while in SG. How do I receive the TAC code to login to the MyDigi app?

andy1982

Reaction score
dam hotlink change their prepaid plan..... no more free 1GB on weekends. :(
might be looking for a new operator soon.

What's the minimum topup amount for Digi? Is there a way to topup RM1?

I am unable to get any Digi service coverage while in SG. How do I receive the TAC code to login to the MyDigi app?

Its send via SMS, u can receive it worldwide. incoming SMS is usually free. minimum top up is $5

Does 7-11 sell hotlink topup? minimum topup?

yes, all 7-11, sells it (unless the machine is down) just tell them $5 hotlink, they will print out a paper with the code. can buy a few at the time if u like. will last a few years. minimum is $5.

No where can u get a good price for prepaid card in citysquare. :s13:

they tell u its.... $58, 8 for card, 50 is the value that goes inside.

if u going futher in like KSL, Tebruah then can find....

the other way is to go via jurong and reach Aeon BI, they sell cards at the RRP there.

Go to JBCC. Find the mynews convenient store. It’s like a 7-11 kinda store, and look at their choices of prepaid cards and choose the one you prefer. Once, I was there to buy tunetalk 2rn, and also happen to see Digi and hotlink. All at rrp.

good tip... i guess there might be controlled.... untill someone realise they can make extra money and short change his boss. but there all chop one lah. so avoid unless no choice.

Last edited:

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, Digi Best prepaid has inactive/passive period of 75days...
If your Digi Best prepaid's validity is till 11th Sep 2018 -- that means your Digi Best prepaid is active till 11th Sep 2018.

After 11th Sep 2018, your Digi Best prepaid will become inactive/passive.

Inactive/passive period will be 11th Sep 2018 + 75days.
In this case -- inactive period will be from 12th Sep 2018 to 25th Nov 2018 (11th Sep 2018 + 75days ==> will be till 25th Nov 2018)

On 25th Nov 2018, if you extend/renew validity by buying RM1 SLL (Super Long Life), your Digi Best prepaid will be active again for 24hrs (1 day) -- till 26th Nov 2018.

After 26th Nov 2018, your Digi Best prepaid will become inactive/passive.

Inactive/passive period will be 26th Nov 2018 + 75days.

Also -- ANYTIME (during inactive/passive period) if you reload/top up -- your Digi prepaid will become active.
Each RM1 you reload gives you 1 day active for the Digi prepaid.

If you do a single reload of RM5, you get 5 days active period for your Digi prepaid.
If you do a single reload of RM10, you get 10 days active period for your Digi prepaid, etc.

Note: the active period you get on your Digi prepaid for reload -- does not stack.

Yes, you can extend/renew validity on the Digi prepaid by buying the RM1 SLL when in Singapore :)
You can buy the RM1 SLL either by:
(1) Using USSD code.
(2) Using the Digi app.

Refer to a post I wrote (some time ago in this thread) about paying RM1 to extend validity on Digi prepaid via USSD code HERE:
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/105692913-post4699.html

The service to deduct money from Digi prepaid card balance -- in order to PAY & BUY active/validity period is called SLL (Super Long Life).

Refer to a post I wrote (some time ago in this thread) about Digi prepaid SLL (Super Long Life) HERE:
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/105695966-post4701.html

Extend validity by buying RM1 SLL is just paying RM1 to buy 1 day active period for the Digi prepaid -- you're not buying any data.

AFAIK, (As far as I know),
From 2017 onwards, newly bought Digi prepaid SIM cards all comes with FREE basic Internet.

That means, if your Digi BEST prepaid comes with FREE basic Internet, you have FREE Internet access (at slow 64kbps speed up to 500MB/mth) -- without the need to buy any data plan.

If 64kbps is too slow for you, you can always buy any Digi prepaid data plan.
You'll have 4G/LTE full speed Internet after you buy (any) data plan on your Digi prepaid.

You can buy data plan for your Digi prepaid either via USSD code (*116#) or via the Digi app.

(Internet speed on the Digi prepaid will revert back to slow 64kbps once the prepaid data plan you bought expired or you used up the mobile data quota in the data plan.)

Note: You can only access Internet when your Digi Prepaid is active !!

Even if you buy data plan during inactive/passive period -- you cannot use the data plan (or use the FREE basic Internet) to access Internet on the Digi prepaid.

You can only access Internet on the Digi prepaid once it is active.

Both Digi BEST & Digi Live prepaid has respective pros & cons.
Which is "better" depends on your usage requirements.

(Since this post is getting long & tedious, I'll refrain from discussing the differences between Digi BEST & Digi Live prepaid here.)

It's best (pun intended) you go find out the differences between Digi Best & Digi Live prepaid -- and decide for yourself which one suits your usage better :)

Digi BEST prepaid no longer seems to be listed on the Digi prepaid Web site:
https://new.digi.com.my/prepaid

So not sure whether Digi BEST prepaid is still being sold or not.

Back to the issue of buying RM1 SLL on the Digi Best prepaid...

Personally, if I need to buy RM1 SLL -- my habit is to try & buy it on the inactive period 74th day -- instead of on 75th day.

Why?
If I'm busy & forget to buy RM1 SLL on inactive period 74th day -- I can still buy the RM1 SLL on (next day) 75th day.

If you're busy & forget to buy RM1 SLL on inactive period 75th day -- then you can no longer buy RM1 SLL on (next day) 76th day.

If no reload/top up done or no SLL purchased within 75 days inactive period -- on the 76th day the Digi Best prepaid card will be terminated.

*Digi prepaid supports roaming -- so you can use USSD codes on your Digi prepaid while in Singapore.
*Using USSD codes DO NOT incur any cost for Digi prepaid.

In fact,
I've used USSD code *128# -- many times already on my Digi prepaid (during grace period) to buy RM1 SLL -- while in SG :) (see post #4699)

AFAIK (As far as I know),
-- unless specifically stated, usually using USSD codes do not incur any cost -- even when roaming :)

Personally,
* I've used USSD codes on my Digi prepaid -- in both SG & M'sia.
* I've also used USSD codes on my Starhub prepaid in SG & many other countries (M'sia, Thailand, HK, UK, Taiwan etc.)

Never yet encounter any cost incurred when using USSD codes.

I have Rm 9.70 left in my Digi SIM card (expired on 2 Oct 2018)

i need to use this Digi data in 4 days in NOVEMBER to book grab/ surf facebook, whatsapp (no videos)

My questions are :

1) I am going for a 4 day trip, do i have to extend this sim card every single day by : dialing USSD *128# using Digi prepaid SIM card ?

2) If i do a single reload of RM5, i get 5 days active period for the Digi prepaid? - Does this mean my expired 2.5GB Data (expiring on 31th OCT) can also be used when i reload RM5 in NOV?

3) My Digi 2.5GB data is expiring on 31th OCT, i want to use it in Nov for 4 days, what should i do?

4) can i only buy the Data Plan (from the app?) AFTER i extend my sim card ? does it allow me to choose how many days / how much data i want ?

Anyone can advise ? Thanks

sendhalp

Reaction score
Does 7-11 sell hotlink topup? minimum topup?

For me, I prefer to go to shops and then buy their scratch ticket. Comes in 5,10 and other denomination. RM5 is 5RM. I usually buy from the Indian stall at the jb Sentral bus side, the one where you can find all the bus to different places. Convenient and I always buy RM20, 4 pieces of RM5 after alighting the bus from KSL:)

kitkat2

Reaction score
I have Rm 9.70 left in my Digi SIM card (expired on 2 Oct 2018)

i need to use this Digi data in 4 days in NOVEMBER to book grab/ surf facebook, whatsapp (no videos)

My questions are :

1) I am going for a 4 day trip, do i have to extend this sim card every single day by : dialing USSD *128# using Digi prepaid SIM card ?

2) If i do a single reload of RM5, i get 5 days active period for the Digi prepaid? - Does this mean my expired 2.5GB Data (expiring on 31th OCT) can also be used when i reload RM5 in NOV?

3) My Digi 2.5GB data is expiring on 31th OCT, i want to use it in Nov for 4 days, what should i do?

4) can i only buy the Data Plan (from the app?) AFTER i extend my sim card ? does it allow me to choose how many days / how much data i want ?

Anyone can advise ? Thanks

you don't have to spend another sen.

purchase one-day validity for rm1 from *128#. it's good to cover you for TWO days i.e. the day of purchase and the day after. so, for 4 days, you just need to burn rm2 from your rm9.70.

then check *128*88# to see if the rm1 1-day unlimited plan is offered to you. if yes, then buy it. for 4 days, the cost is just rm4. REMEMBER to unsub it at the end of your trip by going to *116# or digi will CONTINUE to charge you rm1 per day.

if there is no offer, go to the app to purchase the rm1 300mb day pass.

so, total cost is rm6, all from your balance, not A SINGLE SEN from your pocket.

AhNehDuaKi

Reaction score
hi, i will like to know that how do i know if there is a onexox special offer or promo and how to purchase it online thru the website. i new to msia prepaid card

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.