Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
They wanted the easy way out but how much can it help them? One trip and less one week of payment. And risk being caught and face a far worse sentence in jail.

That’s why I said they made their choices in being a runner. The Indian guy who splashed my buddy’s house was captured within 2 weeks after cctv and the police cctv recorded his misdeeds. Did anyone knife point and force him to do it? Just for few hundred discount and risk a criminal record.

I do feel for those who are sent to take pictures of doors in return for a loan. In this case the fella coming to your unit to capture a picture of your door is more or less a innocent party who himself has been scammed into doing such a thing. Of course the need of money drives the sanest of people to do the most insane things. That’s sad.

Aion99

Reaction score
Bro, how come the LML can loan you more than 15 times your monthly income? Thought is against ipto regulation.

Each moneylenders can loan you 4 times of monthly income. There is no total cap for existing rules (new rules coming cap at 6 times).

15 times can be easily achieve with 6 lenders, with each loan you 3 or 2 times monthly income.

Aion99

Reaction score
Which grp u went too ? I ask my mp for help and he refer to a community grp service , this grp help me to set up CCTV and even the police increase their petrol ard my area .

LML no need CCTV I think. They are legally allow to visit our homes or office....

Aion99

Reaction score
Lml also scare u file for bankrupcy..coz they will be rank after banks...eh bro .u sure Wana file for bankrupcy .how old are you..once u file for bankruptcy there will be a record forever leh...is only 30k..u think abt it .

LML 30K, banks debt also more than 50k. Total could be just below 100k, which maybe DRS is possible...I middle age, not young, not old..

MissAAA

Reaction score
Update on my case: some anonymous person messaged me asking his money back. Havent replied tho. Not sure if this is the person who anyhow bank in the money (300) to my account. He threatens me by sending my husbands photo which i dont know where he got.

What should i do now?

MissAAA

Reaction score
For the record, i didnt ask any loan from him. If he is the other guy who threatened me with this same tactic, i didnt loan from him as well.

Update on my case: some anonymous person messaged me asking his money back. Havent replied tho. Not sure if this is the person who anyhow bank in the money (300) to my account. He threatens me by sending my husbands photo which i dont know where he got.

What should i do now?

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
Did you deactivate your social media account? Or LinkedIn ? Best to ignore. They squally will stoop to such low trick just to make you pay.

What should i do now?

MissAAA

Reaction score
Did you deactivate your social media account? Or LinkedIn ? Best to ignore. They squally will stoop to such low trick just to make you pay.

He says he knows my husband lah.. or what. So i dont really know what to do. And he will disturb my husband he said. I didnt reply nor view his message an hour ago. Should i deactivate my social media?

chulu2810

Reaction score
Report n send them the report.
I did so to a few.

What should i do now?

chulu2810

Reaction score
Really no way out? There is one before bankrupt which got no record one. U chk more detail...
Those debt due to? If u don mind asking.

Mine got business debt, AL n LML...
I still do business to pay but within my means.

LML 30K, banks debt also more than 50k. Total could be just below 100k, which maybe DRS is possible...I middle age, not young, not old..

chulu2810

Reaction score
I kanna con ones to do that cause that buger ask me go there collect my loan amt.
Turn out hoax n he scam my money

I do feel for those who are sent to take pictures of doors in return for a loan. In this case the fella coming to your unit to capture a picture of your door is more or less a innocent party who himself has been scammed into doing such a thing. Of course the need of money drives the sanest of people to do the most insane things. That’s sad.

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
Why want to give them a chance to save all your personal photos to threaten you with?

Just deactivate it for now.

He says he knows my husband lah.. or what. So i dont really know what to do. And he will disturb my husband he said. I didnt reply nor view his message an hour ago. Should i deactivate my social media?

MissAAA

Reaction score
Why want to give them a chance to save all your personal photos to threaten you with?

Okay already deactivated. Im quite scared but im gonna be firm now. As i didnt asked for any money from this person. I know if i continue to give in he will just do the same thing all over again.

Legionchaos

Reaction score

SOP> IGNORE AND MAKE REPORT
Next is your own decision to make if you want to come clean with nok.
1) you did not ask for loan
2) this was a force loan
3) yes you have a record but this was clear long ago and u did not touch anymore
4) think market is bad and this uml is doing such tactics to on their past and existing client based and so call guarantor - give no chance to them. if they really push you too far seek police help and advise.

remember giving back to them will cause you more issue because these people will walk backwards and demand more and more from u.

BaconHam

Reaction score

What should i do now?

Have u come clean with nok? If u did, there's ntg to fear.
U r a victim, kena scammed.. Nothing to be afraid of.

They only can threaten. Even if they got the pics. If ur nok is with u, really ntg to be malu.

BaconHam

Reaction score

Thats also one thing..
As soon as they know us, they r collecting bits n pcs of info abt us online probably for future use.. .

Before u decide to ignore them. Deactivate n start a new profile keeping it as little connections with anyone as possible

Line chat we chat whatever communication means shud not have ur pics.

N pls do not transfer old whatsapp to new whatsapp cause it will auto update to ur new num too..

BaconHam

Reaction score
LML no need CCTV I think. They are legally allow to visit our homes or office....

Max they can do is to pass u demand letter n talk to u nicely.

I used to get harassed by them very rudely. I file a complain to minlaw.

Lml needs their license to run the biz n it cn be revoked.

They need to do their work too. Let them serve u the letter. Accept n tell them u will ctc them.

Tats all..

If they r rude or act hooligan , report minlaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.