Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MightyPigeon

Reaction score
Has anyone driven from Kawaguichiko to Haneda Airport before? How long is the journey and is there a scenic route?

snap99

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Has anyone driven from Kawaguichiko to Haneda Airport before? How long is the journey and is there a scenic route?

If his follows the same route as the shinjuku to kawaguchiko highway bus then it’s pretty boring

wongkc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

how much time you have?

If got plenty of time can detour to coastal route... can see the sea...

My onsen trip is at Izu... on the return trip back to Tokyo planned to do the coastal drive... and stop by Enoshima... got a lighthouse, shrine and small cave system there...

MightyPigeon

Reaction score
how much time you have?

If got plenty of time can detour to coastal route... can see the sea...

My onsen trip is at Izu... on the return trip back to Tokyo planned to do the coastal drive... and stop by Enoshima... got a lighthouse, shrine and small cave system there...

I have a 5pm flight at Haneda and departing kawaguchiko around 10-ish.

How long would a drive using the coastal route take?

wongkc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a 5pm flight at Haneda and departing kawaguchiko around 10-ish.

How long would a drive using the coastal route take?

U can check google map... from my Izu onsen to Enoshima is abt 2hrs... from Enoshima back to Tokyo is abt 2hrs also... not taking into account traffic jams back in Tokyo... but to Haneda Airport should be quite ok...

to be safe i think cater at least 3-4hours for the detour if u want to take that route...

u still need to factor in the time you need to check in 2hrs before flight... return car... etc

so do your own judgement...

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it a good idea to take a day trip to Amanohashidate (天橋立) in late Dec? Will be staying in Namba.

luvenergy

Reaction score
Which hotel is a better choice?In terms of room and location.We have 2a2c,traveling to Osaka in april 2019.Shortlisted the following hotels:

1. Hearton Hotel Nishi Umeda
2. Osaka Daiichi hotel

Any hotel to recommend in Hiroshima or Miyajima? Staying there for 2d1n

Last edited:

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which hotel is a better choice?In terms of room and location.We have 2a2c,traveling to Osaka in april 2019.Shortlisted the following hotels:

1. Hearton Hotel Nishi Umeda
2. Osaka Daiichi hotel
3. Hotel Granvia Osaka

Any hotel to recommend in Hiroshima or Miyajima? Staying there for 2d1n
Should be no. 3? I recall that's the most atas chain. Miyajima i stayed in grand arimoto.

allan_nalla

Reaction score
Hi, is it possible to travel via public transport to the iconic photographic locations (such as Arashiyama Bamboo Grove, Fushimi Inari-Taisha Shrine and Osaka Castle) in Kyoto, Osaka and Kawaguchiko for sunrises from their respective centrals?

Ideally to reach before 530AM.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, is it possible to travel via public transport to the iconic photographic locations (such as Arashiyama Bamboo Grove, Fushimi Inari-Taisha Shrine and Osaka Castle) in Kyoto, Osaka and Kawaguchiko for sunrises from their respective centrals?

Ideally to reach before 530AM.

u can search on hyperdia to see wat is the earliest train.
for example, first train from umeda to tanimachi 4 chrome (for osaka castle) will reach at 5:15
http://www.hyperdia.com/en/cgi/en/s...h_target=route&facility=reserved&sum_target=7

where in kawaguchiko do u plan to catch sunrise?

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Asking on behalf of colleague, if she wanna head to Kawaguchiko only, is there any pass similar to Hakone pass? The closest i can find is Mt Fuji pass but it does not include any transport from Tokyo to Kawaguchiko. Also, it comes in 1 day pass only which seems not worth if wanna stay. 2 days pass is at 8000 yen which is same price as Fuji-Hakone pass.

allan_nalla

Reaction score

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ah great, thanks I'll check out Hyperdia for the train schedule.
Aside, was thinking to get this shot or this. Will be staying at Lakeland Mizunosato

Any idea?

the first pic is taken from chureito pagoda. u need to check if there are early trains to shimoyoshida station. and also check with the area is open before sunrise.

the second pic is taken from the northern shore of lake kawaguchi. if the bus doesnt start so early, u may want to walk over from ur accom.

lake kawaguchi is north of mt fuji. i got feeling u will not be able to get a sunrise shot with mt fuji. u may want to rent a car and drive to other lakes on the western side of mt fuji.

allan_nalla

Reaction score
2nd pic may be from Oishi park.

the first pic is taken from chureito pagoda. u need to check if there are early trains to shimoyoshida station. and also check with the area is open before sunrise.

the second pic is taken from the northern shore of lake kawaguchi. if the bus doesnt start so early, u may want to walk over from ur accom.

lake kawaguchi is north of mt fuji. i got feeling u will not be able to get a sunrise shot with mt fuji. u may want to rent a car and drive to other lakes on the western side of mt fuji.

Did some further digging and it seems 2nd picture was taken from Arakurayama Sengen Park. I'll check out the train schedule to the nearest station. Thanks for the information!

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did some further digging and it seems 2nd picture was taken from Arakurayama Sengen Park. I'll check out the train schedule to the nearest station. Thanks for the information!

arakuyama sengen park and chureito pagoda is the same place, and that is the first pic. 2nd pic with mt fuji in background and lake in front is likely somewhere in the northern part of lake kawaguchi, so it is possible to be oishi park as mentioned by shadow84

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.