Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a question. Can I purchase a separately antenna for the tv set top box ? The one that comes with it have to stick to something. Prefer those that is standalone antenna. Any suggestion on where to get this kind of antenna ? Mostly I saw is for DVB T2 TV Antenna. Not for the digital TV set top box.

You can get Funke antenna from Gain City.

sporeknight76

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I did consider this before & now I know it is unsuitable. Hope more users can share your experience here.

Btw, can't seem to find extreme 3.0 which u mention but only got this 3.1 extreme go
https://www.sandisk.sg/home/usb-flash/extreme-go-usb
Main issue is with the write speed. Though same usb3.0, but write speed too slow cannot record digital channels. When i bought a sd card recently, a salesman inf me of the write speed.

I use my older 1T port hd to record. No prob.

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

I have just gotten the K2 DVB T2 box and comes with a free antenna. I managed to connect and tune everything but it cannot run at 1080p nor 720p. There were a lot of noise/lags and some screeching sound but it turned out ok at 576p. Able to scan and watch all the channels available. So I am wondering whether my antenna sucks.

Is there any antenna booster that is compatible with my set top box and can receive up to 1080p? The TV is a little far from the window and we are staying at the top floor.

Thanks!

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

I have just gotten the K2 DVB T2 box and comes with a free antenna. I managed to connect and tune everything but it cannot run at 1080p nor 720p. There were a lot of noise/lags and some screeching sound but it turned out ok at 576p. Able to scan and watch all the channels available. So I am wondering whether my antenna sucks.

Is there any antenna booster that is compatible with my set top box and can receive up to 1080p? The TV is a little far from the window and we are staying at the top floor.

Thanks!

Shouldn't be antenna issue else couldn't even receive anything at low resolution. Try another HDMI cable or use another HDMI port on the TV. Also test the STB on another TV just to confirm it's not a lemon set.

suuhhc

Reaction score
Hi guys

Thanks!
Are u using hd TV or old crt TV? U shouldn't have problem running 1080 on hd tv, do try 1080i instead since mediacorp ch are in 1080i

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are u using hd TV or old crt TV? U shouldn't have problem running 1080 on hd tv, do try 1080i instead since mediacorp ch are in 1080i

Shouldn't be antenna issue else couldn't even receive anything at low resolution. Try another HDMI cable or use another HDMI port on the TV. Also test the STB on another TV just to confirm it's not a lemon set.

Thanks for the prompt response!

I am using philips full hdtv 42".

At 1080 or even at 720, the display keep pausing, screeching sounds and it seems like it is having some lags... similar to how we usually stream videos halfway and it kept pausing. This issue disappears once i reduce the resolution to just 576. It plays flawlessly.

So I was wondering whether it is the antenna issue or what. Maybe need a much stronger or more powerful antenna just to receive hd signals without lag?

Medicated Oil

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the prompt response!

I am using philips full hdtv 42".

At 1080 or even at 720, the display keep pausing, screeching sounds and it seems like it is having some lags... similar to how we usually stream videos halfway and it kept pausing. This issue disappears once i reduce the resolution to just 576. It plays flawlessly.

So I was wondering whether it is the antenna issue or what. Maybe need a much stronger or more powerful antenna just to receive hd signals without lag?

Thanks for your resolution.
I have been having this stupid problem for a long while.
I have to switched off the TV box and restart it when it happens.
Was thinking that the TV box is the cause for the issue.
Will change to see whether there is any improvement.

prisleongsing

Reaction score

Thank you for the updates and noted on this. Great tips!

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I ask a question and it becomes your solution? :s13:

Medicated Oil

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I ask a question and it becomes your solution? :s13:

I am not watching the TV.
My mum is the supporter.
Any resolution of the TV will not make any difference to her as long as it dun make the stupid noise and freeze screen.
Save my trouble of hearing her complaining about it all the time.
As the antenna was facing the common corridor with some human traffic, I was thinking that some entity might have caused the interference.:s8::s8:

ABuNeNe

Banned
Reaction score
currently using the konka dvb-t2 receiver provided free by m1/mda , anybuttie change it to a better model?

Desolator

Reaction score
Any gurus here can recommend a universal learning remote control (similar to NMS learning remote) for the draco hdt2-7700 digital tv box?

My parents keep on complaining to me about toggling 2 remote controls which make them confused. I should have gotten the NMS tv box in first place, damn it...

ahger_2311

Reaction score
Will like to ask something.. for digital ready tv, all I need is antenna right?
Is it that all antenna will need to connect to usb (on tv)? Is there any antenna that uses hdmi or other forms of connection & does not require USB port?

My new digital smart tv will be delivered next week and I haven order the antenna..
Can someone please recommend me the best/foolproof/strongest antenna so that i don’t go kuku when things don’t work?
It’s meant for master bedroom, thick walls but near window..

My living room is on scv and It’s literally my first time dealing with tv and I know nothing sia..

tt88

Reaction score
Any gurus here can recommend a universal learning remote control (similar to NMS learning remote) for the draco hdt2-7700 digital tv box?

My parents keep on complaining to me about toggling 2 remote controls which make them confused. I should have gotten the NMS tv box in first place, damn it...

Check Qoo10, Shopee or Lazada for Universal Remote Control. Most important is to check whether ur Tv brand and Tv Box Remote are supported or not and let it learns all the important buttons to switch on both Tv Box and TV at the same time.

Last edited:

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will like to ask something.. for digital ready tv, all I need is antenna right?
Is it that all antenna will need to connect to usb (on tv)? Is there any antenna that uses hdmi or other forms of connection & does not require USB port?

My new digital smart tv will be delivered next week and I haven order the antenna..
Can someone please recommend me the best/foolproof/strongest antenna so that i don’t go kuku when things don’t work?
It’s meant for master bedroom, thick walls but near window..

My living room is on scv and It’s literally my first time dealing with tv and I know nothing sia..

Yes, all you need is an indoor antenna to watch digital channels on your new TV.

All indoor antennas are powered with an USB supply, which you can either plug it to the USB port on your TV or other USB sources.

You can consider the Funke indoor antenna, available at major electronic outlets like Courts and Harvey Norman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.