[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBS2716G

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone can advise which 凤梨酥is more famous ?
Also what about the 麻薯?anything else that is recommended to buy?

KingOfSbw

Master Member
Reaction score
Taipei?
一之轩 mochi is nice but very short shelf life
Pineapple tarts if u talking about famous, 佳德Chiate should be the most famous?

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

凤梨酥 is 佳德Chiate most famous but I still prefer juifen 老珍香
I like 红豆麻薯 - 红豆Q饼 from the airport, free tasting.

TLCTLC88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is money changer easy to find in Taichung (near railway, yizhong, fengjia) and near Taipei main station? Don't want to change too much in SG since exchange rates not very good. Just want to change if I run out of NTD.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is money changer easy to find in Taichung (near railway, yizhong, fengjia) and near Taipei main station? Don't want to change too much in SG since exchange rates not very good. Just want to change if I run out of NTD.

U can only do it in banks or airports.
No open shops like in Sg.

thunderation

Reaction score
Only DBS? Just q and change? Any admin charges and minimum amount?

any bank also can, but i feel quite troublesome cos need to fill in some forms, can't rmb liao it's a while ago.

if you don't mind a poorer rate (ie u not changing a lot money) you can always go 7-11 or familymart any atm also can withdraw using debit card (mastercard/visa) which are found everywhere. even that time i go taichung puli stop at wrong bus stop in the middle of nowhere also got 1 familymart there as a lifeline :s13:

seianko

Suspended
Reaction score
do it with 1st bank

i cannot recall the exact name. their rates is the best for debit withdrawal foreign currency

a close friend told me, her family have ppl work in taiwan bank

edit:

here is the link>> https://www.firstbank.com.tw/servle...Type=websearch&searchCityId=&searchServiceId=

location is by taichung tra station
1) 台中市西區自由路1段144號
2)台中市東區復興路4段33、35號

Last edited:

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

In tw, only can change from bank, and bank is not near to places like fengjia nm. I take taxi to Taichung HSR from fengjia, tell driver to stop at bank to change. Need to queue and write form.
I exchange most of it in sg, bring some spare money in sgd, when needed then change.

If you not changing a lot like few thousand dollar, in few days the rate wont effect you a lot.

Last edited:

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Only DBS? Just q and change? Any admin charges and minimum amount?

Any banks.
Yes, queue change sign
No min sum and charges at banks out of airports.
If dbs, no min but there is a 100ntd or 1% charges off total amount, which ever is higher.

Last edited:

pchltws

Reaction score
Any banks.
Yes, queue change sign
No min sum and charges at banks out of airports.
If dbs, no min but there is a 1000ntd or 1% charges off total amount, which ever is higher.

Last time, I changed at TW DBS, no fee leh, since when it started got charges?

TLCTLC88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Didn't know changing money is taiwan is so troublesome. I only changed in the airport before. In that case I just change here and spend like a queen there 🙄

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Didn't know changing money is taiwan is so troublesome. I only changed in the airport before. In that case I just change here and spend like a queen there 🙄

Me too lol, spend until not enough, want to change some then found out no money changer in fengjia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.