Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Status
Not open for further replies.

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If can get the DOF in before or during January, then maybe can start to plot signing players. The manager has to work whoever the DOF brings in right? I don’t know whether this will be a good thing or not. I prefer the manager to sign who he needs to fit his style, that’s why communication and understanding between the two is very important. Cannot quarrel and see each other beh song. I will prefer the DOF to negotiate the selling and behalf on behalf of Ed rather than identifying targets, and also recruiting knowledgeable scouts and overseeing the youth development/academy

AristDing

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:s13: and Souness say it should be Keane
the same few who said Mourinho's character fighting with players and board is bad suggest someone who will most likely do the same.

That one is pure trolling

People who want Keane appointed just want to see him fight Pogba

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but thats what having the DoF is about

make sure the manager shortlisted got continuity in terms of style etc

unlike our last 3 appointments. all different
If can get the DOF in before or during January, then maybe can start to plot signing players. The manager has to work whoever the DOF brings in right? I don’t know whether this will be a good thing or not. I prefer the manager to sign who he needs to fit his style, that’s why communication and understanding between the two is very important. Cannot quarrel and see each other beh song. I will prefer the DOF to negotiate the selling and behalf on behalf of Ed rather than identifying targets, and also recruiting knowledgeable scouts and overseeing the youth development/academy

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
at the moment im not sure if its any different.
the way Mou was whining, it is pretty clear he got undermined, but not by someone who has football knowledge. but rather based on commercial POV.
so if thats the case, might as well it be someone who is qualified
This DOF thing abit double edged sword.. I'm not convinced myself if mgr has no say over potential targets to sign/loan from other clubs.

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
at the moment im not sure if its any different.
the way Mou was whining, it is pretty clear he got undermined, but not by someone who has football knowledge. but rather based on commercial POV.
so if thats the case, might as well it be someone who is qualified

Undermined by someone with no football knowledge or using commercial pov vs undermined by someone by positional rank (DOF).. is still undermined mah.

Jose ego big big so easily offended one.

Then again which manager out there want a job without ability to exercise control on who to buy as addition to your team one..

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
even fans know how Mou is. yet the way Ed handle Mou is as though they dont know who they appointed.

yes it is still undermining. but it beats buying players outta commercial considering only.

Jian19

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
even fans know how Mou is. yet the way Ed handle Mou is as though they dont know who they appointed.

yes it is still undermining. but it beats buying players outta commercial considering only.

I mean mou is wad type of manager we know from the very beginning

Chelsea , Inter , Real

His style was always more defensive and organised oriented

Even when he just arrived we knew exactly how he will setup his team

Just unfortunate he didnt get the backing he needs

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Undermined by someone with no football knowledge or using commercial pov vs undermined by someone by positional rank (DOF).. is still undermined mah.

Jose ego big big so easily offended one.

Then again which manager out there want a job without ability to exercise control on who to buy as addition to your team one..

That's why the issue of hiring a DOF was dragged...cos the club need to get input from JM who he can work with. They probably stopped the discussion when they start having thoughts of sacking him after looking at the results recently.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...se-Mourinho-Man-Utd-sacking-pay-18m-year.html

They would look to pay him €20million (£18m) annually after increasing an initial offer of €15m (£13.5m). Discussions have taken place since October.

Real are also planning to appoint him on July 1, as that would mean avoiding a €5m (£4.5m) penalty fee to Manchester United.

Discussions with who? JM himself? If so, he already wants to see himself out before his contract is over. So where is his loyalty to the club since October? Is that why we start seeing funny starting line ups, tactics, substitutions etc?

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but thats what having the DoF is about

make sure the manager shortlisted got continuity in terms of style etc

unlike our last 3 appointments. all different

But there is also no guarantee that the DOF will outlast the next manager or any incoming managers in future. He may also walk out and quit if he sees something he doesn't like. Then employ another DOF and start all over again? Difficult

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would love to see Jose go to Madrid and wreck everything there all over again. But then he did win a league title there and he didn't here. Perhaps Florentino will sign him for only two years to try win la liga

Fattyboiboi

Master Member
Reaction score
Everyone knows in Spain, the champion will always either be barca or madrid. Only in odd years u see one different champion.

I would love to see Jose go to Madrid and wreck everything there all over again. But then he did win a league title there and he didn't here. Perhaps Florentino will sign him for only two years to try win la liga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.