Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

JCKH0380

Reaction score
Hi guys.
Have anyone handle LML before? I borrowed from 2 LML. First one got balance of $416, the other is $1105. I am suppose to pay them today as its suppose to be my salary day but the problem is I took too many unpaid leave last month to take care of my sick mother hence I did not receive any salary this month.
No source of income at all. I explained my situation to both LML but they both refused to understand and insist me to clear the amount.
How should I handle the situation? I dont want to start any trouble with them.

If u really no money to pay them. Go find social service for help. They will be able to help you nego with them. Silver lining or bgss.

JCKH0380

Reaction score
Hi guys hope you could help and tell me anything i could do ahead of this matter. I'm now in the state of a fcked up life. I got stuck in this plothole like many others. At first, I thought i was borrowing from LML and then cannot cope for the last two payments which was 200 defer twice, so i had to borrow from another and it went on and on. I've now borrowed from 3 AL thinking they were LML and now i can't pay for ****. I paid around 2K alr. I'm only below the age of 20 and now i owe ard 1.6k. One of the AL keep asking me to help him do dirty jobs and i kept saying no. Can't tell my parents cuz they'll probably send me overseas to study and give up on me. I'm still trying to drag the Als. Do you think they might come find me, i feel they're all malaysians. What can or shld I do to stop this **** other than telling my parents.

Go change your hp. 1.6k small amount they likely wont chase you that hard. Trust me.

I 100k with 40AL. Now still can log in here give advise

Reaction score
About 3 weeks ago... been quiet now... no txt no calls... but still on high alert... for me.. ive made peace with what can possibly happen... accept the fact that i MAY be splashed.. shamed or lose my job... when my mind is in that state of acceptance... then fear is less and i can think clearly... first step is report police. Then inform all family members... deactivate all social media accounts.. every single one... get all families to block me on theirs... ensure that on google search there is no info about me (linked or fb etc.). Install cctv facing front gate (landed property). Installed dash cam in car.. car parked inside facing main gate with camera on recording the whole night for closer video capture . Informed work place. Had meeting with HR. Had agreement with them... if things dont escalate i keep my job...or otherwise. Informed my kids of the situation... lucky for me they are all in their early teens already.. they are quick to understand.

With all this in place.. so far had two suspicious vehicles cought on camera loitering infront of my house. Other than that... nothing else...

Its too early to call out victory as they may just be planning further. And FYI..... i dont reside in SG.

my advice... calm down... take a step back and analyse the situation u are facing... from there... do what is needed done.

How long has it been since they last harrass you?

Reaction score
Go overseas to study... grab that opportunity..... i will if my parents would..

Hi guys hope you could help and tell me anything i could do ahead of this matter. I'm now in the state of a fcked up life. I got stuck in this plothole like many others. At first, I thought i was borrowing from LML and then cannot cope for the last two payments which was 200 defer twice, so i had to borrow from another and it went on and on. I've now borrowed from 3 AL thinking they were LML and now i can't pay for ****. I paid around 2K alr. I'm only below the age of 20 and now i owe ard 1.6k. One of the AL keep asking me to help him do dirty jobs and i kept saying no. Can't tell my parents cuz they'll probably send me overseas to study and give up on me. I'm still trying to drag the Als. Do you think they might come find me, i feel they're all malaysians. What can or shld I do to stop this **** other than telling my parents.

Fear Less

Reaction score
You story doesnt sound right by saying you will be sent overseas to study and parents give up on you. I take it as giving up on you means no study and be on you own.

Let your parents know if you cant solve the problem which i think you cant that is why you need help.

DO NOT DO THE DIRTY JOB FOR LION SHARK.
THEY ARE ANIMALS TO RESORT OTHERS DO THEIR DIRTY JOB.
DO NOT ADD MORE PROBLEM TI THOSE WHICH YOU ALREADY HAVE.
Its only money owed , no big problem . You are not a criminal until you do dirty job for ahlong.

Please understand the people here all have ahlong problems , big or small.

READ UP and you will find answers here.

Go overseas to study... grab that opportunity..... i will if my parents would..

Originally Posted by*Delson222:

Reaction score
Much agreed to this reply...

You story doesnt sound right by saying you will be sent overseas to study and parents give up on you. I take it as giving up on you means no study and be on you own.

Let your parents know if you cant solve the problem which i think you cant that is why you need help.

DO NOT DO THE DIRTY JOB FOR LION SHARK.
THEY ARE ANIMALS TO RESORT OTHERS DO THEIR DIRTY JOB.
DO NOT ADD MORE PROBLEM TI THOSE WHICH YOU ALREADY HAVE.
Its only money owed , no big problem . You are not a criminal until you do dirty job for ahlong.

Please understand the people here all have ahlong problems , big or small.

READ UP and you will find answers here.

Originally Posted by*Delson222:

Makminah

Reaction score
Have anyone tried asking AMP for help? How does it go about? Cause my LML die2 dont allow me to pay via installments even when I show them my bank statement staing no salary was deposited. 😭

Nik1987

Reaction score
Have anyone tried asking AMP for help? How does it go about? Cause my LML die2 dont allow me to pay via installments even when I show them my bank statement staing no salary was deposited. 😭

Are you sure it’s LML? Because according to law if u cannot pay for that month you just need to pay 60$ late fee which will be added to the next months payment.

Other than that...if they die die want their money back they will get the court or MLAW to recover your balance loans.

If you need more infos pls go to the website or call Registry of Moneylenders at 1800-2255-529

Reaction score
I agree with bro Nik...
Maybe its pretending to be Legal.... have u check...
Fake licence number etc...
Sometimes i get msg from AL stating they areLicenced via whatsapp msg...some even send company registration number and name cards... but all this is gimmick only...

Are you sure it’s LML? Because according to law if u cannot pay for that month you just need to pay 60$ late fee which will be added to the next months payment.

Other than that...if they die die want their money back they will get the court or MLAW to recover your balance loans.

If you need more infos pls go to the website or call Registry of Moneylenders at 1800-2255-529

Makminah

Reaction score

They are cause I have all the documents with me. I even went to their office to sign the agreement. Told them i no money to pay the $1105 still me to borrow from friends and reloan them again. Then when I say no money to pay they insist that i pay $600 at least cause I first time customer. 😑

Lesson learn LML or UML both are loansharks. Both are out to suck you dry. 😑

Delson222

Reaction score
Hi guys, i've reported a case and told everything to the police. Owe at least 2K and didnt care or reply any messages the LS sent. Shld i block them? and ask my NOK to block all the numbers who is unkown to them? TIME TO FIGHT FOR IT! STAY STRONG GUYS

Delson222

Reaction score
Btw guys shld I tell the UML that i've reported them to the police and told my NOK all, and then subsequently block them?

Reaction score
Btw guys shld I tell the UML that i've reported them to the police and told my NOK all, and then subsequently block them?

Just block all of them and spare yourself all the crap they will give you. These are loan scammers who work on terrorizing people. Hope your NOK understood your situation. I'm sure the police gave you the same advice they gave me, anytime you feel there are some strange people in your neighborhood behaving strangely and suspiciously, DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL 999!

Take care.

Delson222

Reaction score
THKS BRO FOR YOUR ADVISE. I'm just scared they come up as they did'nt receive back what they loaned me

chulu2810

Reaction score
Anyone deal with iova credit before? Claimed to b licensed but registry cant find their name.
They got a office at hong lim complex. Cause principle 3500 now cook up to 26k.

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, i've reported a case and told everything to the police. Owe at least 2K and didnt care or reply any messages the LS sent. Shld i block them? and ask my NOK to block all the numbers who is unkown to them? TIME TO FIGHT FOR IT! STAY STRONG GUYS
Why borrow in first place if no plan to return?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.