Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed the win, but to say we are top 3 quality is a bit too early, even if we did sack JM at the start of season. :o

if we play attacking football like last night, i don't think our squad will lose to teams like chelsea, arsenal and spurs. probably 3rd or 4th place as we should have won more games but becos of negative tactics we dropped alot of points.

maybe we also won't lose to pool if we have better defence but of cos we are still far from city.

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So simple? How come the football master who has 3 CL champion medals can’t tell but insisted on playing him in a tactic that that does not suit him?

Doubt so

The gap between lines got abit too huge when we play deep

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I used to wonder how come our players were so poor in countering pressing, even under LVG time. Last night game makes me realised that they were not poor but just restricted. When they have the freedom, they run into spaces to provide option for their teammate who is being pressed. The player who was pressed was not panic anymore because there are more options.

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
20 minutes out of home, already saw 3 persons in united jerseys, including one who looks like domestic helper.

Previously want to see one on the day after match night also difficult.

Jian19

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So simple? How come the football master who has 3 CL champion medals can’t tell but insisted on playing him in a tactic that that does not suit him?

It's not a tactic that does not suit Matic

Just that it affects the overall shape and efficient to the team, when the team sits deep and the gap between lines got huge it's difficult to move the ball upfront quickly other then using longball passes

So the transition from defence to attack always seem too draggy

But playing a higher line and having a more compact shape we close the gaps between the lines and thus we are able to switch from defending to counter attack much quicker

Jian19

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
20 minutes out of home, already saw 3 persons in united jerseys, including one who looks like domestic helper.

Previously want to see one on the day after match night also difficult.

Glory Hunter :crazy:

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sit deep, press high, close gaps, I don’t know what to call them if not tactics.

Instructions to the players?

It's not a tactic that does not suit Matic

Just that it affects the overall shape and efficient to the team, when the team sits deep and the gap between lines got huge it's difficult to move the ball upfront quickly other then using longball passes

So the transition from defence to attack always seem too draggy

But playing a higher line and having a more compact shape we close the gaps between the lines and thus we are able to switch from defending to counter attack much quicker

Jian19

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sit deep, press high, close gaps, I don’t know what to call them if not tactics.

Instructions to the players?

I guess Mourinho wasn't too pleased with the defense so he tried to compensate it by sitting deeper lines ?

It's not really a big tactics issue

It's alot of small details that didn't sort out

Will be interesting to see how we play against stronger team now with better attacking players

We might get punished for playing a high line

fat_boyz

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I guess Mourinho wasn't too pleased with the defense so he tried to compensate it by sitting deeper lines ?

It's not really a big tactics issue

It's alot of small details that didn't sort out

Will be interesting to see how we play against stronger team now with better attacking players

We might get punished for playing a high line

End of the day Mourinho was not a good fit as manager for us

Greysky

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
our attack was just frightening yesterday :s22:

combination play I've not seen in years ... it's like they were told not play to like that during post SAF times.

Adi Dassler

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The way ole celebrate our goals last night is just like what he used to celebrate when he was a player. Still the same. :o

19dino

Master Member
Reaction score
if we play attacking football like last night, i don't think our squad will lose to teams like chelsea, arsenal and spurs. probably 3rd or 4th place as we should have won more games but becos of negative tactics we dropped alot of points.

maybe we also won't lose to pool if we have better defence but of cos we are still far from city.

This is on hindsight, we can also be raped.

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Winter solstice hit me with a cold, and only managed to wake up at 2am. Caught the rest of the goals, and it looked great. But from a United point of view, it was only Cardiff. Anyway, we won't have to wait long before the next game, although it shouldn't be a game that will pose too much of a problem for us.
No need to keep thinking what the problem was - JoseM is now in our history like it or not. Might as well say if DavidM stayed, RvP wouldn't be sold and maybe we wouldn't be so dour under LvG.
Once you have a ringleader who needs the right coaxing and massaging before he decides whether to play or not, it's never good. Having said that, he slowed down our counters a few times, and it might just be the way he plays. Just that Cardiff couldn't triple mark him since the others were charging forward instead of a RomeluL whom isn't considered a problem. He kinda reminds me of JuanSebVeron now - skillful, great on his day, but slow. Was it because he chose not to play for SAF? No, he just wasn't suited to the EPL.

ahbard

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hopefully sanchez comes to life when hes back.

We didnt close shop even when we are 4-1 up..till final whistle.

Was impressed at lindelof performance.

Its not because its only cardiff..is the way we play..quick tempo..1 touch. Passing forward...not like last time. Long ball or just side passing in our halve. Park bus after 1 goal lead.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.