Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mmonkey

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how Lkk performs in the next match. His role in JM’s tactics wouldn’t really differ in OGS’s.

TakKiu

Master Member
Reaction score
Rather go down fighting than playing boring as fock football with 30% possession.

Can't wait for Sanchez and laukokok to get back into this team.

OGS back home rejuvenated the whole team and we can see the enthusiasm on display.

As far as i'm concerned, this season is over in my opinion. Just let the lads play the united way.

We will get the right players when the season's over.

:s13:

Last edited:

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Jonny Evans tells a good story from his early days in Manchester United’s first team when, left one-on-one in defence during one game, the centre-half was spotted by Sir Alex Ferguson trying to beckon back a full-back from his mandatory station high up the pitch in the hope of a little cover. “You’re Manchester United, son,” Ferguson decreed. “Let them worry about you.”

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score
Placing important in defence doesn't mean park bus for 0-0. SAF also don't throw kitchen sink from minute one. Things don't have to be binary you know? Just like failing in Man Utd doesn't means JM is bad manager. Pep and Kloop both have spent more money in defence department than anywhere else for example.

Did playing defence win us the games for the past 6 months? You can't win if every match ends 0-0. Unless you're hoping for the opponent to score an OG or the ref to give us a pk in every match. You can forget about titles if you can't win games.

genesis113

Master Member
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how Lkk performs in the next match. His role in JM’s tactics wouldn’t really differ in OGS’s.

I think LKK will perform better, from Observation, the gap btw midfield and attack is smaller and closer under OGS, the attacker received more support from teammates. LKK’s heavy first touches especially long balls from deep under Jose made him struggling.

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think LKK will perform better, from Observation, the gap btw midfield and attack is smaller and closer under OGS, the attacker received more support from teammates. LKK’s heavy first touches especially long balls from deep under Jose made him struggling.

as long as they play ball to his feet while he running behind so that he can face the goal, his form will surely pick up. LKK may not be a elite class striker, but he is good enough to destroy 70-80% of the teams in EPL. With proper coaching and right way of using him, he will be good again. Even Roberto Martinez can use him so well, why OGS cannot?

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Giggs: "What can you do with Rashford, to improve him?"
OGS: "What we can do with him is use him more, because I dont think the team is used to his runs. If you just watch him, the amount of runs and the good runs he makes in second half when we're 2-0 up and 3-0 up and he makes runs in behind which...look for him earlier, because that's his strength with his pace. And I'll work on his finishing, just settle down a little bit. He's got a great strike from outside the box and inside the box we'll just keep on working on being cool and calm and pass it past the keeper."

Source:https://www.tv2.no/sport/10306144/
It is region locked, use a Norway VPN to watch. It is in English.
Yes, have a plan how to improve him, rather than using him to prove that he uses youth, and throw him under the bus when he is not doing well.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Placing important in defence doesn't mean park bus for 0-0. SAF also don't throw kitchen sink from minute one. Things don't have to be binary you know? Just like failing in Man Utd doesn't means JM is bad manager. Pep and Kloop both have spent more money in defence department than anywhere else for example.
JM is not a bad manager. Until he starts blaming everyone else. Then it goes down. It seems binary to him. He said it, he can't attack if we can't defend. That's why certain players aren't given much opportunity to play until he solve his defensive solution. Too obsessive with our weaknesses until he forgot the player's and the team's strengths.

He said he does it to find balance in the team. If maintaining a negative or 0 goal difference is balance to him.. Then I'll rather the balance is tipped in favour of our attacks.

Sent from Sony G8142 using GAGT

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Only care about ManUtd, don't really bother who else is champion. It is meaningless if it is not ManUtd.

By the way, Leeds United with another come back win.

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Giggs: "What can you do with Rashford, to improve him?"
OGS: "What we can do with him is use him more, because I dont think the team is used to his runs. If you just watch him, the amount of runs and the good runs he makes in second half when we're 2-0 up and 3-0 up and he makes runs in behind which...look for him earlier, because that's his strength with his pace. And I'll work on his finishing, just settle down a little bit. He's got a great strike from outside the box and inside the box we'll just keep on working on being cool and calm and pass it past the keeper."

Source:https://www.tv2.no/sport/10306144/
It is region locked, use a Norway VPN to watch. It is in English.
Yes, have a plan how to improve him, rather than using him to prove that he uses youth, and throw him under the bus when he is not doing well.

Lukaku & Sanchez also need to improve on their finishing.

killless

Master Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or do I feel Rashford wasted a lot chances yesterday?

A good point you spotted. He's getting a lot of chances than before.

Even back in Andy Cole's days, he gets to miss 9 chances, but scored that 10th chance to win the game.

Earlier this season, is that pathetic few chances. Wasted and that's it for us.

Greysky

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
JM is not a bad manager. Until he starts blaming everyone else. Then it goes down. It seems binary to him. He said it, he can't attack if we can't defend. That's why certain players aren't given much opportunity to play until he solve his defensive solution. Too obsessive with our weaknesses until he forgot the player's and the team's strengths.

He said he does it to find balance in the team. If maintaining a negative or 0 goal difference is balance to him.. Then I'll rather the balance is tipped in favour of our attacks.

Sent from Sony G8142 using GAGT

all the teams that did well for him he always took the brunt on for the players during the onslaught from the press.

after his time at RM, he just seems to have changed.

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.