Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

HellHunter

Reaction score
actually ever since I drives, everything i go JB settle, maybe its good to have a few contact for local ws, in case emergency.

any good recommendation for local workshop, mechanics.

preferably not in West area, as I stay North East :)

Yeh, I've also actually been looking out for good sg fallback shops. At the moment I only have tried and tested for electrics/audio, that one is Soon Lee at 727 Geylang Road.

For mech, I used one Fave voucher for cheap servicing at SNL Future at Kaki Bukit(last year though, have to re-check them out with another cheap service soon :o), found the mech good, no hard sell, no nonsense assessment and he brought me through the undercarriage while the car was hoisted to show the leaks and issues. I'd probably go to that workshop for any emergency need but I'd be keen to find one that is tried and tested also. Also better if east side. :o

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quite common to have this sort of loud embarrassing squeaking sound. Just need some adjusting because the belt is new. After adjusting the sound will go away. Happened to my previous car.

Hmm by right shouldn't have noise

sentsggirls

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
from ah yuan.
vios

Thier item should be good which is taken from their local stockist.
Usually regardless Issit I bring or use their item, Joseph will fix up everything
And test drive the car at least 2 times before handing the key back to me.

I just stay at the shop relax while he come back and do minor adjustment before the final test drive.

sentsggirls

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually ever since I drives, everything i go JB settle, maybe its good to have a few contact for local ws, in case emergency.

any good recommendation for local workshop, mechanics.

preferably not in West area, as I stay North East :)

Most of the time I go JB do my car but I do keep one guy number in my phonebook for emergency use in sg in case breakdown.

So far I tried 2 local workshop, the first is out of my list after leaving minor scratch inside my interior when changing Gear shift cable.

The 2nd one is intro by my another Friend who drive the same car as me.
Went there to install front and rear strut bar for 30 bucks labour fee.

The Mechanic look nerdy type no hard sell and good service.
There was once I was having coolant issues. Coolant reservoir keep dropping slowly. So went there 2 times.

First was topup coolant and he ask me monitor few days.
Did not charge me as I bring own coolant.

2nd time went there again he help to do pressure test for free.
There told me my radiator cap and reservoir cap spoil.

So change the cap on the spot for me.
Pay him 20 dollars.

Problem solves, coolant level okay.
Even tell me to take note of certain things for my car.

Every time I leave the ws will give me complimentary ticket to exit the area.
When leaving ws, will also help to guide my car out and wave bye bye.

Is quite a small ws at auto bay kakit Bukit.

Pm me if u need.

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Most of the time I go JB do my car but I do keep one guy number in my phonebook for emergency use in sg in case breakdown.

So far I tried 2 local workshop, the first is out of my list after leaving minor scratch inside my interior when changing Gear shift cable.

The 2nd one is intro by my another Friend who drive the same car as me.
Went there to install front and rear strut bar for 30 bucks labour fee.

The Mechanic look nerdy type no hard sell and good service.
There was once I was having coolant issues. Coolant reservoir keep dropping slowly. So went there 2 times.

First was topup coolant and he ask me monitor few days.
Did not charge me as I bring own coolant.

2nd time went there again he help to do pressure test for free.
There told me my radiator cap and reservoir cap spoil.

So change the cap on the spot for me.
Pay him 20 dollars.

Problem solves, coolant level okay.
Even tell me to take note of certain things for my car.

Every time I leave the ws will give me complimentary ticket to exit the area.
When leaving ws, will also help to guide my car out and wave bye bye.

Is quite a small ws at auto bay kakit Bukit.

Pm me if u need.

Just post contacts here.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

rbth x 0408

Reaction score
New belt is like that
Probably may need re adjust a couple of time
Nothing to worry abt

hmm ah yuan say
its very 正常 :s22:
its so loud until paiseh when i start engine everyone can look at me.

but the noise last for around 15 seconds before it stops

gonna have to go back again to fix it, ah yuan says just need adjusting

sentsggirls

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
New belt is like that
Probably may need re adjust a couple of time
Nothing to worry abt

I brought my own belt change at CarClick no sound leh.
What’s u guys mean by need to adjust and the sound so loud?

This belt is drive the pulleys right like tensioner , compressor , idle pulley

funky05

Reaction score
Quite common to have this sort of loud embarrassing squeaking sound. Just need some adjusting because the belt is new. After adjusting the sound will go away. Happened to my previous car.

Oh mine didn't have any sound/ noise after changing belts

HellHunter

Reaction score
I stopped going to them after their prices became steep

Just saw their google reviews, most recent all about their steep price hike. Sad but a lot of good shops once they become popular start to find they can widen their profit margin by chopping carrot instead of sticking to honest workmanship. I get that ultimately that's what a business needs to do so price increases are the obvious way to go once established but it can't be exorbitant and the worst is when they start telling you to replace things that really don't need change.

funky05

Reaction score
Oh damn. Thanks for the heads up, will keep in mind. I'll continue to use them as long as the service level is still there and still cheaper than SG workshops.

I used to go to them regularly for 6 years,good rapport with uncle yong, ah yao, the air con fellow and accessories youngster..until their prices went up despite me being their regular customers..

Some workshops are cheaper than sg. But still cut throat. For example , if let's say the price in sgd is $100 and Malaysia's price is rm100, the ws will sell u saying it's rm200 and will be quick to add on 'in sg it's $100, about rm300 you know, I sell only rm200'.

Some Singaporeans will still change cos it's still cheaper. But to me, it's carrot pricing.

One famous accessories shop suddenly raised price of the gear knob by rm30 (price tag printed on product was rm50) when they saw my car was a sg plate. Citing the price tag printed was 'Old'. I parked my car further when enquiring price. When I drove my car in, price rm80 liao. And the aunty was quick to say ' sg mahal kan? Sini lagi murah '

Last edited:

jcyw1988

Reaction score
Hi, want to enquire is it ideal to change my 4 brake rotor and brake pads in JB? Any recommendations? Anyway, I’m driving an Audi A4. Thanks in advance.

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Doubt so. But if he does, it's just going to give opportunities to other garages.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.