Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Status
Not open for further replies.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Didn’t watch the match last night. How was it? Did we play better than our last 2 matches?
We played well enough to still be controlling the game in the last 10 mins and attacking even with 10 men and LKK on the pitch.

Sent from Sony G8142 using GAGT

Yellowfin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Got me thinking, we should just enjoy this period while we can be it winning or losing.

Come new season there will be a new manager instead of OGS. Hopefully, the new manager will play the United way.

AristDing

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@yoryor
I know Pogba still has some way to go but i see him as the natural heir to the throne. Like Eric, he has the style and arrogance with the skill to back it up. Both are unique players. Ronaldo as good as he was here doesn’t come close in my opinion.

:s22::s22::s22:

AristDing

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We were wasteful because the players weren't played to their best potential. They were expected to be efficient in their attacks, ie score the most goals with the least chances created, but we know in football that doesn't work all the time unless you're super lucky, clinical and the opposition keeper has a bad day.
You can't keep depending on luck or the opposition making mistakes to keep scoring all the time. You need to keep creating your own chances. Let the opponent worry about you instead of the other way around.

Sent from Sony G8142 using GAGT

LKK himself could not even dribble the ball if you ppinted the gun at his head.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LKK himself could not even dribble the ball if you ppinted the gun at his head.

We all know that....and his first touch is bad. He don't go towards the ball when its passed towards him. He can't play with the ball with his back facing the goal. He can't play one touch football. He's not famous for dribbling pass defenders and creating his own chances either.

What he can do is chase after the ball and out-muscle the opponent and take shots with him already facing towards the goal. He can also whip in a mean cross and score headers. Play to his strength not his weakness. You just gotta give him the kind of service he gets when at Everton or Belgium, and not what he has been receiving for the last 6 months. He needs intelligent players who can whip in the right crosses and give the right passes...Mata being one of them.

Jian19

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We all know that....and his first touch is bad. He don't go towards the ball when its passed towards him. He can't play with the ball with his back facing the goal. He can't play one touch football. He's not famous for dribbling pass defenders and creating his own chances either.

What he can do is chase after the ball and out-muscle the opponent and take shots with him already facing towards the goal. He can also whip in a mean cross and score headers. Play to his strength not his weakness. You just gotta give him the kind of service he gets when at Everton or Belgium, and not what he has been receiving for the last 6 months. He needs intelligent players who can whip in the right crosses and give the right passes...Mata being one of them.

I agree

He need service, he is like RVN with a poor first touch. But they both play a similar style

I like Lukaku and I think he can get better. As long as we dun ask him to play like Aguero or Ronaldo

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I agree

He need service, he is like RVN with a poor first touch. But they both play a similar style

I like Lukaku and I think he can get better. As long as we dun ask him to play like Aguero or Ronaldo

There's always a right place and time to use him. With the right combination of players around him, he should be able to get his 30 goals a season.

The good thing is we now have options. If one touch passing attack doesn't work...can try and go with precision crossing and let LKK finish it.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
We were just wasteful early season

Jose is not the let's get more goals type of manager

He is the let's win and dun concede goals type

:vijayadmin:

must have super solid defence and have very quick counter attack

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
@yoryor
I know Pogba still has some way to go but i see him as the natural heir to the throne. Like Eric, he has the style and arrogance with the skill to back it up. Both are unique players. Ronaldo as good as he was here doesn’t come close in my opinion.

somehow i feel pogba don't have 王者风范。。

ahbard

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't get this joke though....but saw it everywhere. I thought it looks more like a badly timed challenge. Nothing malicious. It wasn't a studs in tackle. IMHO looks more like a yellow card offence instead of a straight red.

probably think Fellaini sub in = long ball tactic. :s22:

TakKiu

Master Member
Reaction score
Didn’t watch the match last night. How was it? Did we play better than our last 2 matches?

I thought they can only play better as the season progress. There are lots of room for improvement.

The defense can be better so that de gea can keep his clean sheet, and we have A.Sanchez coming back. The front would be lethal.

As they all said, let the opponents worry about us.

I don't know why, but i see a rejuvenated group of players after Mourinho left. No doubt he was a decorated football manager who has won us trophies. But i still think he's not suited for Man Utd style of play.

:vijayadmin:

Last edited:

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
45 more comments to part 34. Can we start a new thread for the new year?

19dino

Master Member
Reaction score
What's wrong with Bailly and his reckless challenges?

Right after Young who appeared to slip and take down King or Wilson, Baily immediately went up to somewhere near the throw in line and put in a super hard challenge, lucky he got the ball not the man. When clearing a corner, he went super high with his follow through for the clearance, caught Opposition Daniels in his chest. Last one on Fraser. Abit like Fosu Mensah. Abit too over enthu with the tackles, more like Anton Ferdinand than a Rio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.