Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Salim Mamin

Reaction score
Guys,

Those who are having LS issue pls kindly PM me. Been there done that and i can share with u just how to handle it, be it u intentionally borrowed from them or not. Just bear in mind one thing, do not ever pay anything to them. It is a crime by doing so coz basically youre helping them in their transaction. And those who are having LS problem pls dun think that you have committed a crime, u did not. Its not a crime to borrow from LS. So just share ur problems and do not scratch ur head or go the extra miles to try to find ways to pay them. Never.

PAP did the best thing in installing CCTV in all our blocks (HDB) so that those LaoSai will have fewer runners willing to help them coz they know they will sure get caught. Those runners are also their kakia who owe them money. Install one cctv at your house is also a safer thing to do.

Like all counsellor mention, just block them. Do the right thing. Off the ringer in ur housephone. But most importantly tell ur family about the problem. U did smth wrong, admit it, face it. Do not continue to borrow from one LaoSai to pay another LaoSsai, coz u dun have to. It will just make matter worst.

Worst case those who ask u for deposit are definitely scammers. Dun ever trust them.

Need more help pls kindly pm me. More than willing to share with u how to dea with and also my own story.

Lets fight all these LaoSai together! Only then will LS problem stop in SG coz the govt can only deal with those in SG i.e. their stupid runners and many a times they are operating from overseas.

Pls teenagers who are facing this problem, never ever fall prey to them asking u to help them in ANY way.

Peace... p.s. btw, i pirposely created this account to try to help ppl who have been through the path i took last time. Youre not alone! Remember this and its not the end.

PM me plz
I need advise

Reaction score
I have read the arrears. But I ain't sure if I ignore them now without paying the agreed amt previously, will they come disturb me or anything? I took from 2 LS. 1 LS I alrdy paid fully before due date. So far so good. Second one headache. Keep ask me take new loan support him and say can clear all amt next week tght. So Idk shld I ignore or not?

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

kleong

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, recently I took a loan from LS due to my foolishness and rashness.
I took a 800 loan. Due date was 2 days ago but they ask me to defer bcos they cant find the clear acct. And I paid the deferment fee of $300. Now the boss ask me to take up another loan then he can find the clear acct for me to clear all at one go. What shld I do? If I ignore him, will I be harassed? He don't allow me to clear acct.

He doesnt allow you to clear means you will have to keep paying until to the point whereby you cant do so anymore. By then there is chance he will harrass you. So rather wait till then do it now. Cut them off and stop paying.

Super lost

Reaction score
Hi Super Lost.
First of all breath in and stay calm. You really need to be mentally strong to go through all this.

1. STOP PAYING THEM ALREADY. ( if you continue to pay them, you might be suspected as ab accomplice working with the LS)

2. Report to the police. Dont be afraid, you're a victime here and you need to remember we are all humans. We all make mistakes. Learn from it.

3. Close your bank account if you feel its neccessary. (This will help to prevent the LS to transfer you more $$ unknowingly)

4. Cut all forms of communications with the LS. Block their numbers from your hp and NOK of hp. Change your number if you need to.

5. Come clean with everyone. If you dont want to say you take loan, just say you lost your IC and got scammed with the LS. You need your NOK and colleagues on your side if the LS ever try to contact them.

6. Install CCTV if its gonna give you a peace of mind. ( No assurance that thise runners wont come up though but hopefully it will deter them from proceeding once they saw the CCTV. Even if they do something at least you got something concrete to report to the police)

7. Talk to someone. You will need all the emotional support to keep yourself sane. Dont keep it to yourself it will eat you up inside.

It wont be easy at first. Just need to be mentally prepared for the worst. Take that as the consequences we have to face when we choose to deal with these Assholes LS be it intentionally or unintentionally. Dont be too hard on yourself. Lose a job, you can still find another one. But continue feeding this LS, the cycle wont end. Some people here have been paying them for years. You NEED to break the cycle. Step forward and be firm to fight against them. Dont let their threats get to you. They can only say things to scare you, knowing that your fear will make you give in. They feed on our fear and also out hard earn money. I wish you all the best and good luck.

Stay safe and be strong aite. Start 2019 right be fighting off the *******u*kers. 😅😅

Hi sis,
I can block their number but even my NOK block think they will still use other number to call and whatapp ... cannot be I asking my NOK to change the number ...so how ..

Super lost

Reaction score
Blocked them and ignore them. Its going to be one week since i blocked them. Just got msg asking me to get a loan.

They will never let u closed your account.

Today should be my payment date. Hopefully nothing happen.

Lynn.. so how any call or any problem..did they go to ur house?

Brainless69

Reaction score
Hi guys
I been reading most post about LS...
I had a problem wif old sch LS and UML...
For pass few days sleep wif open door window and tv on..
Can tahan paying them...
My life been down wif all this ****...
Any advice.....

Last edited:

Super lost

Reaction score
Super lost, you like being lost is it?

Have you read my post?

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

Continue posting, once you hit 10, you can PM already.

Yap .. I really super lost now.. thinking of telling my family about this .. yet just step into house only start asking for $$$$for medical bill ...really sick and tired of my life ...and feel meaningless...

Makminah

Reaction score
Hi sis,
I can block their number but even my NOK block think they will still use other number to call and whatapp ... cannot be I asking my NOK to change the number ...so how ..

Dont have to change number. Personally I didnt block them at all cause I didnt want to bother my NOK. They called my NOK once or twice cause I keep on ignoring their text and msg. When they called, my NOK deny knowing me. They say they dont know such person and hang up.
And thats it they didnt bother them anymore. They might have your particulars and all but they only have your NOK name and hp numbers. They can never be sure that you gave the correct number. So you have the upper hand in this situation. Block all their numbers from your hp and NOK. If they call tell you NOK to f*ck them upside down, inside out. Or simply deny knowing you. If they still bother, report to the police. The trick is not to let their threats get to you mentally and emotionally. Show them fear and they will feed on it. If you're afraid to stand up against them thinking that it might trigger them to do something, ignore them. Like I did. Its almost a month now and thank god everything is fine. I got house burn down video, I got will come up my house threats, I got them sending a list of my neighbours names and address saying they will give me and my neighbour good service. All that but nothing happen. Not trying to boast about it cause I also dont know what is their next step but what I know is that I am doing soo much better now. If they really want to do something why wait until close to a month right?

I was in your shoes not too long ago. I also paid them more than the initial forced loan thru deferments. Double or triple the amount. I had to beg and borrow money from people just to pay them off. Thats when I realised, enough is enough. I can either continue to pay them and dig a deeper hole for myself with never ending debts or stop it once and for all. So I choose to stop. Of course I am afraid, even now I still am. Afraid that they will do something beyond our imagination but thats what they want us to feel. So you got to fight against your own demon to stay strong and be firm against them. Nobody in their right mind would want to cause emotionally stress to themself or their loved ones. But each day, I wake up and see my door intact, my walls clear I feel soo much better and grateful. You will definitely feel paranoid and uneasy till you cant eat or sleep hence thats why we advise you to install CCTV. To at least allow you to have ample amount of rest. So you'll be able to think with a clear mind. DO NOT LET THEIR THREATS GET TO YOU MENTALLY AND EMOTIIONALLY. Eventually you will feel numb reading all their texts. You need to remember your life still have to go on. You still need to work, need to go on with your life. Stressing about this mother****ers loanshark will affect your daily lives greatly.
Everything we do, good or bad have consequences. All of us here, our mistake was giving out our particulars blindly to this assholes be it intentionally or unintentionally and now we gotta to face the consequences lor. We can only give you advise and suggestions of what to do or what not to do. The rest is still up to you. We dont force you to listen, we are just here to let you know that you're not alone. Everyone here has their own story to tell. Everyone here faced the consequences of dealing with LS. Some are lucky, some are not that lucky.
Just remember keep calm everytime they text or call. Block all their numbers if you want to, in my case I didnt. Change your number if you feel its too overwhelming. Most importantly just dont give in to them. NEVER. As much as I pray and hope everyone here will be protected and away from any harm, I am no god to stop anything from happening. Just stay calm and dont let their threats get to you. Stay firm and keep on fighing against them. Take whatever actions you feel is necessary cause at the end of the day, its your life not mine. I can only do this much to help you through.

Good luck and all the best okay? ❤

Super lost

Reaction score
Dont have to change number. Personally I didnt block them at all cause I didnt want to bother my NOK. They called my NOK once or twice cause I keep on ignoring their text and msg. When they called, my NOK deny knowing me. They say they dont know such person and hang up.
And thats it they didnt bother them anymore. They might have your particulars and all but they only have your NOK name and hp numbers. They can never be sure that you gave the correct number. So you have the upper hand in this situation. Block all their numbers from your hp and NOK. If they call tell you NOK to f*ck them upside down, inside out. Or simply deny knowing you. If they still bother, report to the police. The trick is not to let their threats get to you mentally and emotionally. Show them fear and they will feed on it. If you're afraid to stand up against them thinking that it might trigger them to do something, ignore them. Like I did. Its almost a month now and thank god everything is fine. I got house burn down video, I got will come up my house threats, I got them sending a list of my neighbours names and address saying they will give me and my neighbour good service. All that but nothing happen. Not trying to boast about it cause I also dont know what is their next step but what I know is that I am doing soo much better now. If they really want to do something why wait until close to a month right?

I was in your shoes not too long ago. I also paid them more than the initial forced loan thru deferments. Double or triple the amount. I had to beg and borrow money from people just to pay them off. Thats when I realised, enough is enough. I can either continue to pay them and dig a deeper hole for myself with never ending debts or stop it once and for all. So I choose to stop. Of course I am afraid, even now I still am. Afraid that they will do something beyond our imagination but thats what they want us to feel. So you got to fight against your own demon to stay strong and be firm against them. Nobody in their right mind would want to cause emotionally stress to themself or their loved ones. But each day, I wake up and see my door intact, my walls clear I feel soo much better and grateful. You will definitely feel paranoid and uneasy till you cant eat or sleep hence thats why we advise you to install CCTV. To at least allow you to have ample amount of rest. So you'll be able to think with a clear mind. DO NOT LET THEIR THREATS GET TO YOU MENTALLY AND EMOTIIONALLY. Eventually you will feel numb reading all their texts. You need to remember your life still have to go on. You still need to work, need to go on with your life. Stressing about this mother****ers loanshark will affect your daily lives greatly.
Everything we do, good or bad have consequences. All of us here, our mistake was giving out our particulars blindly to this assholes be it intentionally or unintentionally and now we gotta to face the consequences lor. We can only give you advise and suggestions of what to do or what not to do. The rest is still up to you. We dont force you to listen, we are just here to let you know that you're not alone. Everyone here has their own story to tell. Everyone here faced the consequences of dealing with LS. Some are lucky, some are not that lucky.
Just remember keep calm everytime they text or call. Block all their numbers if you want to, in my case I didnt. Change your number if you feel its too overwhelming. Most importantly just dont give in to them. NEVER. As much as I pray and hope everyone here will be protected and away from any harm, I am no god to stop anything from happening. Just stay calm and dont let their threats get to you. Stay firm and keep on fighing against them. Take whatever actions you feel is necessary cause at the end of the day, its your life not mine. I can only do this much to help you through.

Good luck and all the best okay? ❤

Tks for your advise ...

Makminah

Reaction score
Hi I have a similar situation with the UML rite now..can advise me on how to solve it..
Thnx

Salim Mamin
Do the same steps me and alot of the other users have been emphasizing. More importantly go make police report, stop anymore transaction, cut off all communications with them. You want to block or not up to you. Just dont waste time replying them at all.

Then brace yourself for harassment. Phonecalls, texts & etc. They will call your NOK, workplace. So its better to tell them the come clean with them so they wont be taken off guard if they received the calls. How to tell then its up to you. What to tell them also up to you. Be honest about the loan also can, say lost ic and got scammed also can.

Whatever all of us have been saying is actually the same throughout. Just remember to not let their threats get to you emotionally and mentally. By doing that you already won half the battle.

The rest its up to you to handle.
Goo luck and all the best okay. Hopefully everything goes well for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.