Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

KenLBH

Reaction score
if i only have 20k now,

is it better to open esaver and maybank isavvy and transfer the fund back and

fro between scb and maybank?

OR

put into saving bonds which is like approximately 2% too?

I need some expert analysis from the old timers here.

Thanks in advance

SKenny

Banned
Reaction score
if i only have 20k now,

is it better to open esaver and maybank isavvy and transfer the fund back and

fro between scb and maybank?

OR

put into saving bonds which is like approximately 2% too?

I need some expert analysis from the old timers here.

Thanks in advance

SSB offers better value provided you still have not exceed the limit.

Bombermankid

Reaction score
Thanks! Just saw it. If it's a transfer between maybank account but different account holder does it consider it as fresh funds?

Technically it should not count, but it seems like most banks are closing one eye to this "fresh funds" definition.

Bonhun

Reaction score
I see, I just called in and they mention as long the account holder is different it is considered as 'fresh'. But the customer service lady didn't sound convincing so I will just go ahead and try for this month to see how it goes. Thanks Bombermankid and hope they really close one eye!
The interest for isavvy account is shown as one interest transaction or two transactions? I see my statement only shows the base innterest credited on 31 Dec.:s11:

Technically it should not count, but it seems like most banks are closing one eye to this "fresh funds" definition.

Bombermankid

Reaction score
I see, I just called in and they mention as long the account holder is different it is considered as 'fresh'. But the customer service lady didn't sound convincing so I will just go ahead and try for this month to see how it goes. Thanks Bombermankid and hope they really close one eye!
The interest for isavvy account is shown as one interest transaction or two transactions? I see my statement only shows the base innterest credited on 31 Dec.:s11:

The bonus interest only comes in a few days later. Perhaps this thread might be more suitable if you have more questions regardin iSavvy account.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/money-mind-210/maybank-isavvy-1-3%-1-5%-promo-5203792.html#135

ahchan

Reaction score
SSB interest for FEB-2019

Seems the interest rate for Feb-2019 is lower than the Jan-2019 batch.
I thought in raising interest rate environment, the SSB rate should also goes up? Interesting to see how did they actually arrive at the interest rate for the SSB ?

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just phoned Bangkok Bank.
It's 2.3% for min $200k.
This is the only FD promotion now.

Fyi.

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just phoned Bangkok Bank.
It's 2.3% for min $200k.
This is the only FD promotion now.

Fyi.

200k is too much for a bangkok bank
SDIC only insure $50k... joint 2 names only insure $100k

if is 100k at 2.3% then can consider...

limchooc

Reaction score
HLF FD Promo

Friend told me he renewed his FD at HLF day before Xmas eve and was offer 1.95% for 12 mths. HLF claim this is limited promo for Xmas only but I believe similar promo will be available for CNY as well.

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Friend told me he renewed his FD at HLF day before Xmas eve and was offer 1.95% for 12 mths. HLF claim this is limited promo for Xmas only but I believe similar promo will be available for CNY as well.

min required amount is how much?

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
200k is too much for a bangkok bank
SDIC only insure $50k... joint 2 names only insure $100k

if is 100k at 2.3% then can consider...
Ya lor, I will consider even if it's $100k at 2.2%.
But currently they have no promo rates for deposits less than $200k.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.