Mastercard tap in TransitLink

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
erm not true.
my situation was bus journey alighted at an intermediate bus stop to change feeder to home.
cant tap out due error so was charged max fare for this leg of the journey.
then got to shell out cash $1.30 for feeder to home bcos no other cards with me at that time.
Oic. True if there is error but the error is likely a one time event?

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
just happened to me this week.
and the answer is YES even if you got replacement card with the same 16 D number the expiry date is still different so YES must include the replacement card in ABT account.

that means if the credit card expired and got a new card, need to remove and re-add card to ABT, rite?
like that very troublesome, normally for recurring bill payments, no need to update new expiry date still can work.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nope its the error being mentioned upthread something about a certain number of taps before the error occurs.

Yes 1024 taps, which I think that can be circumvent if use chip/swipe in between.

fr33d0m

Master Member
Reaction score
erm not true.
my situation was bus journey alighted at an intermediate bus stop to change feeder to home.
cant tap out due error so was charged max fare for this leg of the journey.
then got to shell out cash $1.30 for feeder to home bcos no other cards with me at that time.

You can file a claim so that the fare will be corrected for the actual station you alighted.

not for the 1.3 cash fare

a4973

Master Member
Reaction score
that means if the credit card expired and got a new card, need to remove and re-add card to ABT, rite?
like that very troublesome, normally for recurring bill payments, no need to update new expiry date still can work.

yep must delete the error card & add replacement card.

a4973

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes 1024 taps, which I think that can be circumvent if use chip/swipe in between.

i can also atest to the rumoured circumvention technique is not true bcoz i am using the SC Unlimited CashBack MC & i use it alot in between ABT rides.

zenify.me

Reaction score

Use ABT and have to go through the trouble of having dead cc for a period of time and possibly pay for replacement for cc doesn't seems to be worth it for me....

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
Use ABT and have to go through the trouble of having dead cc for a period of time and possibly pay for replacement for cc doesn't seems to be worth it for me....

Completely not worth it unless your cc is giving really good rebates for public transport.

Just use an EZ-Link card with auto reload. They've already done away with their convenience fees

warehaws

Reaction score
I think you are right, I am using POSB abt for nearly 2 years now and still find it too slow on reader and not showing fare amount at exit.
No rebates at all. I have reached that 1024 limit once and in a new posb card now.
Then is just a matter of time before I hit it again

Now that you mentioned no more convenience fee for ez reload. I may give it a try.

What Translink ABT need to fix is really show as the fare amount at exit tap.

Completely not worth it unless your cc is giving really good rebates for public transport.

Just use an EZ-Link card with auto reload. They've already done away with their convenience fees

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
I think you are right, I am using POSB abt for nearly 2 years now and still find it too slow on reader and not showing fare amount at exit.
No rebates at all. I have reached that 1024 limit once and in a new posb card now.

Now that you mentioned no more convenience fee for ez reload. I may give it a try.

What really needs to be fixed is that cap on number of taps!!! Completely ridiculous.

If you have SCB unlimited cash back card, you can use that for ezreload. 1.5% cash back

vddgnd

Reaction score

It is better now. Download the transitlink app and login to your ABT acc. the app will send notification of the fare when exit.

warehaws

Reaction score
yes I have the translink app too. but sometimes no notification received.

today I started use ezlink with ez-reload.
my posb ABT still active as backup.
let’s see how it goes...

It is better now. Download the transitlink app and login to your ABT acc. the app will send notification of the fare when exit.

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
yes I have the translink app too. but sometimes no notification received.

today I started use ezlink with ez-reload.
my posb ABT still active as backup.
let’s see how it goes...

sometimes bus transfers the app doesn't register on the same day. have to wait 1 day for them to update.

Cyburo

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm currently using ez auto reload for my POSB Everyday card.
I just added the same card to ABT inside the Transitlink app, and soon received an email telling me the date when I can proceed to the nearest General Ticketing Machines (GTMs) located at train stations to activate the contactless card by placing it on the reader, and follow the onscreen prompts.

*Is it possible to achieve the scenario below*

Option A)

I remember they trialed using Apple Pay / Google Pay before, so I was wondering if all I have to do is to put my NFC phone on the GTM? I thought of keeping the ezlink auto reload on my POSB Everyday as a back up physical ezlink card, and just use my virtual card on my phone as the ABT?

OR

Option B)

(after reading a lot of feedback about the 1024 taps - my prev POSB Everyday Card also had that issue, i could tap in but could not tap out),

Steps:
1. Deactivate ez-reload on POSB Everyday credit card
2. Get another ez-link card as standby, and possibly add auto-reload to it
3. Signup ABT for my POSB Everyday credit card
4. Once approved, activate it on Google Pay / Apple Pay

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Information of bus trips can take up to 3 days to be reflected in your ABT travel history. I experienced this situation at least once before.

With the new transfer rules, we can at last do multiple MRT trips within the 2-hours/5-trips limit. It has given me some flexibility in planning my travel.

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Information of bus trips can take up to 3 days to be reflected in your ABT travel history. I experienced this situation at least once before.

With the new transfer rules, we can at last do multiple MRT trips within the 2-hours/5-trips limit. It has given me some flexibility in planning my travel.

What new transfer rules ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.