Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blip85

Reaction score
Hi guys. Am new and read through most of the thread. My partner is the one involved in this. Supposedly he was coerced into signing something on the illegal side (probably a syndicate) and then he wanted out. Obviously need to buy oneself out. This chap had been involved and borrow before. I myself have lent him money. But this last request is rather new and not sure bro/sis out here have encounter. The syndicate routed his number to alot of AL and lenders wheter they be legit or otherwise la. Chap is definitly desperate based on my convo with him - story is the syndicate "transferred" his exit liability payment to some legit Legal lender, and he's been given details to make payment - something along the lines of like: your case transfer to us..u can't convert payment to installment and deadline (which was last friday) lapsed. But i told my partner i will help him, and then he inform me he told them to give him more time, thus, deadline extended. I spent time doing research, talking to police etc. Partner seems reluctant to go police as he is of e view he's involved N his name is on some black market document(which these *** claim to have forge to real legit lender document) and which he cant get hold of.
Anyway long story short, these legit peeps suppose to send details on paymnt to him to clear off the debt.
I am 2 minds on this as:
1. Why would syndicate let him off?
2. Sure apps and ss can constitute legit evidence. But dealing with this so called legit entity to pay off, will it really allow 1 above to happen?
3. Why wait til quite a few month ( close to a yr) then finally bomb a huge lumpsum to close off(i helped finance the other repayments he incurred -- ya, ya sound so stupid) - then now it seems like they wan final milk u out??

Should i query if legit documents can be provided or dont even help my partner? He seems quite distraught. Which is of course what they want u to feel. But that aside, he also said his ex colls and nok were harrassed by those UML before n it was hard for him so he quit.

Any views?

Davidfool

Reaction score
Hi guys. Am new and read through most of the thread. My partner is the one involved in this. Supposedly he was coerced into signing something on the illegal side (probably a syndicate) and then he wanted out. Obviously need to buy oneself out. This chap had been involved and borrow before. I myself have lent him money. But this last request is rather new and not sure bro/sis out here have encounter. The syndicate routed his number to alot of AL and lenders wheter they be legit or otherwise la. Chap is definitly desperate based on my convo with him - story is the syndicate "transferred" his exit liability payment to some legit Legal lender, and he's been given details to make payment - something along the lines of like: your case transfer to us..u can't convert payment to installment and deadline (which was last friday) lapsed. But i told my partner i will help him, and then he inform me he told them to give him more time, thus, deadline extended. I spent time doing research, talking to police etc. Partner seems reluctant to go police as he is of e view he's involved N his name is on some black market document(which these *** claim to have forge to real legit lender document) and which he cant get hold of.
Anyway long story short, these legit peeps suppose to send details on paymnt to him to clear off the debt.
I am 2 minds on this as:
2. Sure apps and ss can constitute legit evidence. But dealing with this so called legit entity to pay off, will it really allow 1 above to happen?
3. Why wait til quite a few month ( close to a yr) then finally bomb a huge lumpsum to close off(i helped finance the other repayments he incurred -- ya, ya sound so stupid) - then now it seems like they wan final milk u out??

Should i query if legit documents can be provided or dont even help my partner? He seems quite distraught. Which is of course what they want u to feel. But that aside, he also said his ex colls and nok were harrassed by those UML before n it was hard for him so he quit.

Any views?
Legit ML will have documents signed, physical office and proper registration number. This can be easily checked.

Legit ML will close the account after full payment. Terms and condition stated clearly.

Not the above, then unlicensed!

Blip85

Reaction score
Legit ML will have documents signed, physical office and proper registration number. This can be easily checked.

Legit ML will close the account after full payment. Terms and condition stated clearly.

Not the above, then unlicensed!

Seems that bcause of the syndicate matter, partner claim cant get b/w in paper. I.e note of contract etc, but got SMS and receipt. I am keen to contact the Legal entity when provided the details to check on the case closure, there is physical shop front, partner went to check out.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
What did the note say? Anw, do you know which LS send what to you or you dont bother already? 😂
I expected la..cny good time for harassment for chinese debtor as scare embarssement ma..but i already numb liao.. tmthe message from ah long is ask me to contact him before he send runner to ny house to wish me happy cny lo..

Reaction score
I am 2 minds on this as:

Any views?

When you say partner, you mean like bf/gf or husband/wife? Or business partner?

If reluctant to go to police, not sure who else can help.

Anyway, here is my input, as long they not in the licensed money lender in the Govt approved list, all are illegal. Be it loan shark or loan scam, their method is threats and harassment until you pay.

Ask your partner what he or she wants, want to break free? Then make the step towards freedom. Show him/her all the info here.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

Last edited:
Reaction score
I expected la..cny good time for harassment for chinese debtor as scare embarssement ma..but i already numb liao.. tmthe message from ah long is ask me to contact him before he send runner to ny house to wish me happy cny lo..

Why don't you send them reunion dinner invitation and ask them to show up. 😆

Blip85

Reaction score
Justiceleague bro in reply----
Well aware if it is loanscam or not, this case so far, dont look exactly like it. And this partner of mine(bf/gf), has already experience harrassements before, apparently has cleared off previous outstanding, had no harressmemts for quite a few years. Then last year backside itchy kenna coerced into syndicate. Money dangle la. Don't know if issit old habits die hard or not. But don't get his fear. He has heck those situation n quit job before. Still cannot get why this time he so siao-on to wanna pay up and "get out"....

Reaction score
Justiceleague bro in reply----
Well aware if it is loanscam or not, this case so far, dont look exactly like it. And this partner of mine(bf/gf), has already experience harrassements before, apparently has cleared off previous outstanding, had no harressmemts for quite a few years. Then last year backside itchy kenna coerced into syndicate. Money dangle la. Don't know if issit old habits die hard or not. But don't get his fear. He has heck those situation n quit job before. Still cannot get why this time he so siao-on to wanna pay up and "get out"....

Do you trust him/her enough to lend to full sum and slowly pay you back? Could this be a trap to give him such a ridiculous "let go" such that he will be trapped forever?

Who is this "syndicate" he is dealing with? Are they trustworthy or any scammy as the loan scammers. Will they let him/her off EVEN if he pays?

When people want to loan money, they will say everything to get the money out after that you will see their true colors.

If this person got him/her into this own mess, then need to earn or fix his/her way out of it.

Hope you will find your answer.

Blip85

Reaction score
Do you trust him/her enough to lend to full sum and slowly pay you back? Could this be a trap to give him such a ridiculous "let go" such that he will be trapped forever?

Who is this "syndicate" he is dealing with? Are they trustworthy or any scammy as the loan scammers. Will they let him/her off EVEN if he pays?

When people want to loan money, they will say everything to get the money out after that you will see their true colors.

If this person got him/her into this own mess, then need to earn or fix his/her way out of it.

Hope you will find your answer.
I have obviously provided my requirements for compliance should I part with the $$.

I will be the one transferring the $$ to the entity, and I have asked for JA opening to ensure money i paid to the entity is repaid to me by partner.

Partner claims he verified authenticity of entity. Am waiting for details.

I also contacted some people who can help... Either way, it has to be the legit way of leaving this else, no point to help.

kleong

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You mean your partner signed some documents?

If say transfer account, then show documents of proof that he/she has taken a loan. If dont have, then dont care them. If they want to play hardball, complain to min law.

But dont think any LML will so openly admit their connection to UML. They will lose their license.

Something just not right. You sure your partner not hiding anything from you?

I am 2 minds on this as:

Any views?

Blip85

Reaction score

If say transfer account, then show documents of proof that he/she has taken a loan. If dont have, then dont care them. If they want to play hardball, complain to min law.

But dont think any LML will so openly admit their connection to UML. They will lose their license.

Hi as i mentioned, i will also go to verify the legit ML detail once i receive, partner insist that its legit and has to settle to close case. I'm also raising doubts. i contacted the so called community bro/sis here talk about. I received some info, did my own CSI also. Seems legit but also abit hmmmm.... Yes small low fee involved, was sent some testimonials also... But some questionable characters....

And yes, no LML will admit links to UML, but for sure there is some exploitable situation for this, and to quote u :"If say transfer account, then show documents of proof that he/she has taken a loan. If dont have, then dont care them. If they want to play hardball, complain to min law. " - if once i receive the registered entity details, and can complain to min law, of course i think they would not wanna lose their license over this, so you have half answered my question, that this licensed entity will not want to admit connection, but at the same time, money being paid to them, so.. there is risk as well as non-risk .
Non-risk in the sense that payment is made to legal entity, records hold that legal entity has no hold over u after sums settled;
Risk in the sense that the unlicensed syndicate or whatever, can say no such thing happened. and continue requesting for money...
yes. something still not adding up. Need more information.

Last edited:

Blip85

Reaction score

I also need to correct the understanding, there was NO LOAN provided. It's a "BUYOUT" - "EXIT FEE" you know, to excuse yourself from continuing...

kleong

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Registry of moneylenders have the list of lml. If can find then is legit. Ask for loan documents and amount to settle. If they cant provide but still recv the money, then they will be in for some troubles with the law.

Hi as i mentioned, i will also go to verify the legit ML detail once i receive, partner insist that its legit and has to settle to close case. I'm also raising doubts. i contacted the so called community bro/sis here talk about. I received some info, did my own CSI also. Seems legit but also abit hmmmm.... Yes small low fee involved, was sent some testimonials also... But some questionable characters....

And yes, no LML will admit links to UML, but for sure there is some exploitable situation for this, and to quote u :"If say transfer account, then show documents of proof that he/she has taken a loan. If dont have, then dont care them. If they want to play hardball, complain to min law. " - if once i receive the registered entity details, and can complain to min law, of course i think they would not wanna lose their license over this, so you have half answered my question, that this licensed entity will not want to admit connection, but at the same time, money being paid to them, so.. there is risk as well as non-risk .
Non-risk in the sense that payment is made to legal entity, records hold that legal entity has no hold over u after sums settled;
Risk in the sense that the unlicensed syndicate or whatever, can say no such thing happened. and continue requesting for money...
yes. something still not adding up. Need more information.

kleong

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there even such a thing? Better to ask your partner to come clean.

I also need to correct the understanding, there was NO LOAN provided. It's a "BUYOUT" - "EXIT FEE" you know, to excuse yourself from continuing...

Blip85

Reaction score

TBH, those who have not dealt with gangs or syndicate, really, they may not know that these are the unscrupulous **** that they deal on you, because you "worked" for them, they get you to "buyout" since you want out. Sure it does kinda sound far-fetched. But I assure you, these are things gangs and syndicates do practice.

I'm only surprised why they took my partner's "buyout" to a LML.
That's kind of the part that doesn't add up. Sure there maybe brothers in there that are well, the more loyal type, but that's also the part that puzzles me. If he initially didn't pay the correct sum to "buyout", they are leveraging on this to earn some money off him?

And the buggers who are milking him sense that my partner is breaking so no more use to them so throw him off to LML to close case?

kleong

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TBH, those who have not dealt with gangs or syndicate, really, they may not know that these are the unscrupulous **** that they deal on you, because you "worked" for them, they get you to "buyout" since you want out. Sure it does kinda sound far-fetched. But I assure you, these are things gangs and syndicates do practice.

I'm only surprised why they took my partner's "buyout" to a LML.
That's kind of the part that doesn't add up. Sure there maybe brothers in there that are well, the more loyal type, but that's also the part that puzzles me. If he initially didn't pay the correct sum to "buyout", they are leveraging on this to earn some money off him?

And the buggers who are milking him sense that my partner is breaking so no more use to them so throw him off to LML to close case?

I was referring to UML and LML. Dont think there is this "buyout". As for gangs, this is a separate matter.

But like I said, if the LML acccept the money, which is not repayment for loans or fee/cost arising from a loan taken from them, then they will be in for some trouble.

Blip85

Reaction score

I was referring to UML and LML. Dont think there is this "buyout". As for gangs, this is a separate matter.

But like I said, if the LML acccept the money, which is not repayment for loans or fee/cost arising from a loan taken from them, then they will be in for some trouble.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm extremely puzzled as well. Partner claims he saw the initial document, and was told the forged "contract" for loan of $XXX with his signature is with LML. Odds not in his favour, but he is convinced and verified entity is legit and case will close.

I'm waiting for the details.

the dark side situation, I really don't know if that's considered closure...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.