[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

whywhy80

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For the record, elderly really subjective, if you need wheelchair, confirm will give you special priority.
Some folks are stronger than adults.
The special queue will usually be on the right when u face the queue.

After entry clearance, there is no slip or form for exit.
Hmmm... then based on yr experience, shld I go the priority lane?
Will I be chased away? :o
I have 2 aunties - 66 and 64yo

TLCTLC88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
gongguan is not the traditional nm style, but it has many food and shops. also it is close to NTU, so the things sold are geared towards students.

I know. Just feel boring somehow. I would rather go Shida NM.

I like tong hua is because it is near those pet shops. Good for animal lovers like me 😁

kenapa siol

Master Member
Reaction score
1. no need so ganchiong, one wk before or the night before also can

two months ago, i only submitted before i go take taxi to changi airport :s13::s13:

2. from my experience, no need say anything, just pass the immigration officer your passport.

https://oa1.immigration.gov.tw/nia_acard/acardAddAction.action

Meaning dont need to fill in any physical card? Once registered online, just hand over our passport for custom officers and there will be record liao ah? Need to print out anything?

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I know. Just feel boring somehow. I would rather go Shida NM.

I like tong hua is because it is near those pet shops. Good for animal lovers like me 😁

shida is no no for me. nothing there at all. women's clothings mostly. haha.

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Shida last time was really good.. but since they downsize by a lot now it’s not really worth the trip there anymore

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Meaning dont need to fill in any physical card? Once registered online, just hand over our passport for custom officers and there will be record liao ah? Need to print out anything?

Yes.
If asked, just say, 網路填了。

figo16

Banned
Reaction score
is it better to take bus from taichung to taipei cbd or take hsr if i am carrying luggage?

how many days should i spend in taichung? what is there to see and do besides visiting SML, cingjing and hehuanshan?

weather forecast shows that taipei weather sucks. always raining and cloudy so maybe i should spend more days in taichung

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is it better to take bus from taichung to taipei cbd or take hsr if i am carrying luggage?

If you have large luggage, i prefer bus and train.

how many days should i spend in taichung? what is there to see and do besides visiting SML, cingjing and hehuanshan?

About 3D2N

weather forecast shows that taipei weather sucks. always raining and cloudy so maybe i should spend more days in taichung

Eh, depends on season ba.

Some answers are provided above.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

if not rushing for time, take the coach. definitely can carry lots of luggages.

u can use taichung as a base to visit the surroundings, eg. sml, puli, wetlands, besides the attractions in taichung itself. 3D2N is good.

seianko

Suspended
Reaction score

shud go taichung, 2nd market to jiak the pork trotters....its so good....

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Depend on how you plan, taichung 2-3 days is enough, unless you use taichung as a base to nearby places.
This is my plan last year march:
Taipei 1N, Taichung 2N, Alishan 1N, Cingjing 1N, Taipei 2N. I take E-Go bus Cingjing to TMS (tour bus 600ntd per pax)

kenapa siol

Master Member
Reaction score
May i ask, nowadays from Taoyuan airport to Ximen station, taking express train (purple) from airport to taipei main station and change train line is the best and fastest way? I tried taking guo guang bus before from airport to tp main station, just want to see which is the fastest way to commute :)

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May i ask, nowadays from Taoyuan airport to Ximen station, taking express train (purple) from airport to taipei main station and change train line is the best and fastest way? I tried taking guo guang bus before from airport to tp main station, just want to see which is the fastest way to commute :)

Airport mrt to tms mrt need to walk further.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Fastest, possibly the Taoyuan Metro.

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Take the taoyuan metro express train , about 35min to tms ...
If take kuo guang bus is about 50+ min ...

figo16

Banned
Reaction score
Depend on how you plan, taichung 2-3 days is enough, unless you use taichung as a base to nearby places.
This is my plan last year march:
Taipei 1N, Taichung 2N, Alishan 1N, Cingjing 1N, Taipei 2N. I take E-Go bus Cingjing to TMS (tour bus 600ntd per pax)

i plan to use taichung as a base to do some day tours to sml, cingjing and explore the city cause last time never explore. too lazy to move here and there.

is the queue for immigration clearance at taipei airport still very long?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.