[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

tamarack15

Reaction score
left via automated gate during Aug

visit tw again during Nov, no issue

Was directed to manned counters during Nov when leaving tw.

lucky they directed me to the counter, the queue at the automated gate is so long. the counter is so much faster.

got more time to spare and no need to rush

and i think the auto gate got diff queue for locals and foreigners, so i think u all went to the wrong one?
We were not even in any queue yet, just walking towards the E-gates and the airport staff probably saw the red Singapore passport in our hands and stopped to redirect us to the manned counters. Anyway, it’s also a good thing that we got redirected since the queues at the E-gates were so long whereas there was 0 people at the counters, so our group actually got cleared immediately.

Tsoukalos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi taiwan sexperts, like to ask if 十八份水圳步道 at 北投 worth going to view sakura flowers? if from 北投 station take transport up should be quite fast? then how to ghost back to the mrt, issit bus nia? sakura season many ppl? safe? I see from the blog last pic like got bus stop but cannot see the no. 谢谢

https://blog.xuite.net/liwen2010/blog/370293479-十八挖水圳步道

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Taiwan outside of Taipei, transport system really cmi. While waiting for a bus, a local come by and tell us to take cab instead. Don’t bother with buses. :s13:

Their cab also can anyhow decide cab fare and some meter can jump faster than others. Dunno how it works. :(

Adam80

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi taiwan sexperts, like to ask if 十八份水圳步道 at 北投 worth going to view sakura flowers? if from 北投 station take transport up should be quite fast? then how to ghost back to the mrt, issit bus nia? sakura season many ppl? safe? I see from the blog last pic like got bus stop but cannot see the no. 谢谢

https://blog.xuite.net/liwen2010/blog/370293479-十八挖水圳步道

cut ur time and misery go "tian yuan gong/temple''

time it that you reach there around evening time so you can take sunset photo (there no shelter so afternoon is quite hot:s22:)

https://www.goteamjosh.com/blog/tysakura

UTOPIAKD

Reaction score
Can use uber there? Fare will be cheaper than normal cab fare?

Taiwan outside of Taipei, transport system really cmi. While waiting for a bus, a local come by and tell us to take cab instead. Don’t bother with buses. :s13:

Their cab also can anyhow decide cab fare and some meter can jump faster than others. Dunno how it works. :(

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Can use uber there? Fare will be cheaper than normal cab fare?

Didn’t try. I just ask accoms to book or hail one on the road. But interested to use one if cheaper.

Last edited:

figo16

Banned
Reaction score
kkday tour strongly encourages tourists to provide tips. how much tip is necessary? later driver unhappy face bin chao chao if i pay too low lol

Last edited:

figo16

Banned
Reaction score
Like this not very ethical leh.

i don't mind paying tips if service is excellent. i like to tip especially in developing countries like Vietnam but i will never tip amdk in countries like australia cause they very rich

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i don't mind paying tips if service is excellent. i like to tip especially in developing countries like Vietnam but i will never tip amdk in countries like australia cause they very rich

Will tip if service is good.
But kena forced to do it if service is bad, then that is like service tax.

Tsoukalos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cut ur time and misery go "tian yuan gong/temple''

time it that you reach there around evening time so you can take sunset photo (there no shelter so afternoon is quite hot:s22:)

https://www.goteamjosh.com/blog/tysakura

thanks for the tip. 十八份水圳步道 look kinda ulu & transport back down dun look good. i went to yr recommended site & also this one as well

https://luomujie.blogspot.com/2019/...ow-to-go-tips-and-tricks.html#Tianyuan_Temple

so Bus 866, 875, 876, 877 or F103 need pay how much to temple from his link? & how long is the journey? the temple why cannot go inside for public? (but got toilet to go not?) any idea which diety is worshipped inside?

then roughly how many hours do ppl spend there? cause my org plan for this day is 淡水老街 -> 忠孝东路 so if I wana insert sakura viewing before 淡水老街 need to estimate how long journey to & fro & also time to spend there. (2nd last week Mar 2019)

thanks, waiting yr update. :)

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks for the tip. 十八份水圳步道 look kinda ulu & transport back down dun look good. i went to yr recommended site & also this one as well

https://luomujie.blogspot.com/2019/...ow-to-go-tips-and-tricks.html#Tianyuan_Temple

so Bus 866, 875, 876, 877 or F103 need pay how much to temple from his link? & how long is the journey? the temple why cannot go inside for public? (but got toilet to go not?) any idea which diety is worshipped inside?

then roughly how many hours do ppl spend there? cause my org plan for this day is 淡水老街 -> 忠孝东路 so if I wana insert sakura viewing before 淡水老街 need to estimate how long journey to & fro & also time to spend there. (2nd last week Mar 2019)

Go in and out, spend about 1.5 hours will be good enough.
Walk one round take photo and shoo off liao.
The last time i was there will my mum didn't even go into temple .

Tsoukalos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok 谢谢 will there be like those 流动小贩 ard temple during this time. So shuttle bus take how long?

Sent from 西方极乐世界 using GAGT

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok 谢谢 will there be like those 流动小贩 ard temple during this time. So shuttle bus take how long?

See got jam or not lor.
I recalled 20-25mins.
Usually will have some on weekends.
Eat first then go lor.

KingOfSbw

Master Member
Reaction score

Bro u also goin in Mar?

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Tsoukalos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But cherry blossom in tw i tot is around mid Mar?

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
In 1 of links i posted e guy blog gotch predicted season from jan to mar but how zun i duno lah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.