Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

pls_help_me

Reaction score
really really need help

recently i was forced into a loan.
the guy on the phone somehow has my phone number,nric,address and nok details.
he told me if i dont take up the loan via phone he can drop the money off at my house
i kept calling the person back on how to pay back the loan, in the end i paid over 2 times the amount back.
i didnt call the police, just wanted to return the money and peacefully get back to my life
recently called to tell me one of his guys got arrested and demanded i pay half the bail money, he has my address, my details and my nok details, how do i get out of this situation, pls help.

Last edited:

Makminah

Reaction score
he told me if i dont take up the loan via phone he can drop the money off at my house
i kept calling the person back on how to pay back the loan, in the end i paid over 2 times the amount back.
i didnt call the police, just wanted to return the money and peacefully get back to my life
recently called to tell me one of his guys got arrested and demanded i pay half the bail money, he has my address, my details and my nok details, how do i get out of this situation, pls help.

You shouldnt have taken the loan at the first place. Haish. But since it already happened, you should really report to the police. No such thing as paying their money back and all will return back as per normal. They will suck you down to your last cent.

And please dont pay the bail money. Dont fall for their trap asking you for more $$. But at the 1st place how did they manage to get hold of your particulars? Have you borrowed from them before?

pls_help_me

Reaction score
You shouldnt have taken the loan at the first place. Haish. But since it already happened, you should really report to the police. No such thing as paying their money back and all will return back as per normal. They will suck you down to your last cent.

And please dont pay the bail money. Dont fall for their trap asking you for more $$. But at the 1st place how did they manage to get hold of your particulars? Have you borrowed from them before?

i have not borrowed from them before, apart from posb i never borrowed money before

initially they said, they bought details from other telemarkets and were extremely polite when asking me to take the loan.
when i kept rejecting they got more and more vulgar

pls i have no idea what to do

Last edited:

Fear Less

Reaction score
Report to police la.
Your 1 loan is scam.
If you have more than 1 loan it may not be scam.
Instàll cctv if you scared.
Get ready for them to disturd your nok or work place.

If it is none of above, and you still want to talk to him , ask him for the name of the person who got arrested, I go bail him out at police station or tell him you boss got no money to fxxking to bail worker.

Its better you dont talk to them anymore , they are scammers. Keep the money to yourself.

Makminah

Reaction score
i have not borrowed from them before, apart from posb i never borrowed money before

initially they said, they bought details from other telemarkets and were extremely polite when asking me to take the loan.
when i kept rejecting they got more and more vulgar

pls i have no idea what to do

Whoah they bought your details eh. Okay2 calm down bro.

Firstly. Report everything to the police. Show them all your conversations

2. Cut all contacts with them. Block them and ignore their calls and msgs. Block them from your NOK hp as well. If possible just change yr number.

3. I dont know whether they have details of your workplace just in case they do, inform your supervisor and explain to them.

4. Report to the bank and close your bank account. This is to avoid them to suddenly transfer you more money.

5. If you feel there is a need to install CCTV then go ahead. If they were to really send someone up to harrass. You CCTV will be able to detect the face.

6. Remain calm and keep ignoring them. Dont engage with them anymore. Be mentally and emotionally prepared. Dont give in to their threats. STOP PAYING THEM OR TRANSFERRING THEM. You can be consider as an accomplice by the police.

Its gonna be hard at first. But all of us will be here to support you. You will really need to be mentally and emotionally strong for all this. Fight against them. Dont let their threats get to you mentally and emotionally. So remember to always stay calm and think before taking any actions.

Goodluck and may god ease your affairs and protect you and your loved ones.

Fear Less

Reaction score
Dont be too happy . Just relax.
CNY is a few days away. Those fxxkers need holiday and family time . They are workers.

Carry on normal life after police report.
Importantly , make no contact.

No calls and message 2-3 day already...hope everything going well and end soon..god bless us..

pls_help_me

Reaction score
Whoah they bought your details eh. Okay2 calm down bro.

Firstly. Report everything to the police. Show them all your conversations

2. Cut all contacts with them. Block them and ignore their calls and msgs. Block them from your NOK hp as well. If possible just change yr number.

3. I dont know whether they have details of your workplace just in case they do, inform your supervisor and explain to them.

4. Report to the bank and close your bank account. This is to avoid them to suddenly transfer you more money.

5. If you feel there is a need to install CCTV then go ahead. If they were to really send someone up to harrass. You CCTV will be able to detect the face.

6. Remain calm and keep ignoring them. Dont engage with them anymore. Be mentally and emotionally prepared. Dont give in to their threats. STOP PAYING THEM OR TRANSFERRING THEM. You can be consider as an accomplice by the police.

Its gonna be hard at first. But all of us will be here to support you. You will really need to be mentally and emotionally strong for all this. Fight against them. Dont let their threats get to you mentally and emotionally. So remember to always stay calm and think before taking any actions.

Goodluck and may god ease your affairs and protect you and your loved ones.

i hope it works, because they said 1 life for 1 life if that guy really is arrested, i dont want any harm to come to my nok.

these few days i just stayed at home from work and take medications to sleep, really really worried about my family's safety

Makminah

Reaction score
i hope it works, because they said 1 life for 1 life if that guy really is arrested, i dont want any harm to come to my nok.

these few days i just stayed at home from work and take medications to sleep, really really worried about my family's safety

Singapore is pretty much safe. Thats why you need to make a police report immediately. They are trying to scare the hell out of you right now. They feed on your fear. You didnt even enquire or pass your particulars to them. Its sad to know you had to go through all this.
Did you manage to confirm with them if the details they had was correct?

It's not your problem if one of their guys was arrested. Dont have to pay anything anymore. The only way is to come clean with your NOK. They deserve to know the truth. Once that is settle you feel so much better and at least you guys will look out for each other.
Stay safe okay and stay calm.

pls_help_me

Reaction score
Singapore is pretty much safe. Thats why you need to make a police report immediately. They are trying to scare the hell out of you right now. They feed on your fear. You didnt even enquire or pass your particulars to them. Its sad to know you had to go through all this.
Did you manage to confirm with them if the details they had was correct?

It's not your problem if one of their guys was arrested. Dont have to pay anything anymore. The only way is to come clean with your NOK. They deserve to know the truth. Once that is settle you feel so much better and at least you guys will look out for each other.
Stay safe okay and stay calm.

it was on the dot correct from address to nric to phone number.

he is blaming me for the arrest because i am the only person his guy made contact to. (according to him)

kleong

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Talk to one person and he got arrested? First time hear you need pay for the bail and also be accountable for the arrested. They are really creative to come out with such nonsense. Anyway ignore them. Once you start to pay them, then they will suck you dry.

But what is disturbing is how they got your details. Have you tried getting loans from them before? Lml? Act as guarantor? Take part in lucky draw or survey? Anything that requires you to give nric number and phone number?

he is blaming me for the arrest because i am the only person his guy made contact to. (according to him)

Reaction score

This is obviously a scam. Do not pay them, report to police. And if you feel unsafe or see suspicious people, call 999 immediately.

We understand your situation. Do not fear them, they will give up soon enough. PM if clueless.

Fear Less

Reaction score
Bro kleong
Next time he will say i screw his grandfmother and ask me pay for her wheelchair.
Maybe old excuse dont work but i think not . We are already in their book. Hiw can they lose ?

Talk to one person and he got arrested? First time hear you need pay for the bail and also be accountable for the arrested. They are really creative to come out with such nonsense. Anyway ignore them. Once you start to pay them, then they will suck you dry.

But what is disturbing is how they got your details. Have you tried getting loans from them before? Lml? Act as guarantor? Take part in lucky draw or survey? Anything that requires you to give nric number and phone number?

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
U ask him trsf money to u then u trsf him the bail money lo...hahaha..don't be foolish anymore..after I woke up from all these scam ah long **** I realised how stupid I am...whatever excuse they use just to suck yr money ....bank account wrong, now even bail...hahaha..like.i said if u scare pay them..if not fight them and protect your hard earn money......they wan yr life yr limp for what...they only want money ..if u die they ATM also die..

pls_help_me

Reaction score

never wor, now i still damn worried

pls_help_me

Reaction score
This is obviously a scam. Do not pay them, report to police. And if you feel unsafe or see suspicious people, call 999 immediately.

We understand your situation. Do not fear them, they will give up soon enough. PM if clueless.

they are still harassing me i dont know what to do now

Messup

Reaction score
they are still harassing me i dont know what to do now

Have you made the police report? (See what the police advice when you do it.) tell them you fear the safety of your family.

Did you inform your NOK? Office? (Get then on your side, trust me, you will feel a lot better)

The advises here are Block their numbers. Don’t answer or see their msgs.

They are trying to intimidate and instill fear into you.

Brave up and you will get through it.

ayuluv

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
does anyone tried loan from xxxx3567?? Is he legit?

Last edited:

Makminah

Reaction score
My dear this is an open platform. Anyone can come in here and read whatever you type out so becareful and mindful we dont really put out numbers here or even thier names.

But the answer to your question for me is no. 😊

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.