Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

pls_help_me

Reaction score
Dun worry. Dun pay them..they only keyboard warrior..they no ball..

I hope so sia...
Normally how many waves of harassments do people go through before it is over?

Using do not disturb mode also, so any unknown number or people not in my contact list wont ring when they call me (is this a good idea though?)

Last edited:

Headached

Reaction score
Just change number...if u still want use old number just ignore the idiot

I hope so sia...
Normally how many waves of harassments do people go through before it is over?

Using do not disturb mode also, so any unknown number or people not in my contact list wont ring when they call me (is this a good idea though?)

Chicken pox

Reaction score
From enquiries out of curiosity ended up taking the small amount trial. Which I no need the money also. Want to pay back full amount but keep using their delaying tactics. So far paid for 1st deferment. To continue payment or declare war? So stupid.

Reaction score
I am back as I am been harresment from them last week and police has been made. CCTV had fixed up and hope everything will be settled down. No idea how they get my colleague number and they called up. Luckily my colleague did not answer the phone and just informed me. What I should need to do now?
How did they get your colleague's number? This is scary

pls_help_me

Reaction score
From enquiries out of curiosity ended up taking the small amount trial. Which I no need the money also. Want to pay back full amount but keep using their delaying tactics. So far paid for 1st deferment. To continue payment or declare war? So stupid.

That is sort of something that happened to me, but i stupidly paid back over twice the amount because i fell for the scare tactic.

My "trial" was less than 10 days btw

I just hope they give up calling me and leave me alone. Wonder how long till they be like "fk it lets move on to the next guy"

Makminah

Reaction score

I guess most of us got stuck in this mess the same way. I also was in your shoes a little over a month ago. I paid them I think double or triple the initial amount. But I decided enough is enough and stopped paying them. You guys can do it. Just need to be brave and fight against them.

pls_help_me

Reaction score
I guess most of us got stuck in this mess the same way. I also was in your shoes a little over a month ago. I paid them I think double or triple the initial amount. But I decided enough is enough and stopped paying them. You guys can do it. Just need to be brave and fight against them.

Did they harass u to keep making payment to different accounts?

How long did it last? Wanna know how long till they give up

Reaction score

Continue payment is not an option!!

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

Reaction score
Now ignoring le, just scared they come my house nia
Wondering after how many times then they give up and move on to the next one

Nothing to be scared. Come come Lor, call police, collect evidence, catch them.

The faster they can't contact you and can't force any money out of you, the faster they give up.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

Makminah

Reaction score
Did they harass u to keep making payment to different accounts?

How long did it last? Wanna know how long till they give up

Yes. All the $$ transferred was to different2 account each time.

No confirm time frame bro how long it will last. All depends on your luck. Some within a few days the LS come and splash paint or lock with bicycle lock. Some only threatened via texts and calls.
My 2 beloved gege has been behaving for 2 weeks no text or calls from them.
Maybe they are busy preparing for CNY. I am just hoping it stops even aft CNY.

valavos

Reaction score
Dear All, I am a victim of LS Scam . I stop paying anymore deferment fees. Already made police report. Changed my singpass id, closed my bank account and change my hp nunber. They are out there to instill fear in you. Hope the authorities arrest them soon. I beleive they are from the same syndicate. I still have fear in me, but told myself to be calm.

Chicken pox

Reaction score
Dear All, I am a victim of LS Scam . I stop paying anymore deferment fees. Already made police report. Changed my singpass id, closed my bank account and change my hp nunber. They are out there to instill fear in you. Hope the authorities arrest them soon. I beleive they are from the same syndicate. I still have fear in me, but told myself to be calm.

How many times have you defer? Any ideas how many times of deferment then they will satisfied and let go of you? 4-7 times/weeks = 1-2 months of deferment?

Makminah

Reaction score

Yes. I 100% agree with you. We need to stay calm. Well done bro! 🖒🖒

valavos

Reaction score
Actually my case was I did not do a background check on their fake license when they posted in face-book. I ask for 1000 to be paid 350 for 3 months and he say ok and ask for my details. Next day he cash bank in 600 to my account. I question him why put 600 into my account and he say its a trial loan that need to pay 300 for 3 weeks in order to get the 1000 loan + 300. I told him to take back but he refuse and said account open already must close once making 300 for 3 weeks. I said ok and followed his instruction and transferred 300 for 3 weeks total of 900. Next day was sunday and told him I already done the trial loan and ask him when can get the loan. Told me sunday he dont work. Weekday I text him again for the loan and 300, he said will check. After 1 week, receive a msg from the same number asking for payment. He said he's the boss and his man gave me wrong instruction. Should be receive 600 and payback after 1 week 900 and demanded me for 900. I told him off saying is it my problem? I already paid 900 according to his man's instruction and still want another 900. I told him that you suppose to give us loan instead me keep giving defer money. What nonsence. Sence that this could be a scam and I immediately block him. He used another number to immediately sent me the burning of the unit door and ask to pay up.I block all numbers he call and sent whatsapp msg. Following week sent me a letter as 1st warning and ask to call back his number.I was pissed off and call him and told him to meet me face to face and settle this issue. But he claims that they will not meet the person and will come anytime to burn my unit if I don't pay up.I told them, good, come and burn, it will be a big news and police will immediately hunt you guys down. Told them that I have fire extinguisher standby.They are not real LS who really gives loan, instead they are LS Scammers out there to milk u try by using treatening tactic. Its better to change phone number as they will circulate the victim number to other Unlicense and License Money Lender and you will receive all kinds of numbers.The funny part is how they can check our cpf through our singpass. This I suspect they coloborate with License Money Lender. So be aware of all Unlicensed & Licensed Money Lenders. This whole episode is like HELL!!! I beleive some of us here being scammed is from the same syndicate.They are still active and still scamming new victims. I just can't wait for the police to nap them till the day we all get some peace of mind. Also, my advice to scammed victim, deactivate your social media especially facebook account. Stay brave to this scammers....Now that I have changed my number, they will definately sent me another letter. Will keep you guys updated.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Actually my case was I did not do a background check on their fake license when they posted in face-book. I ask for 1000 to be paid 350 for 3 months and he say ok and ask for my details. Next day he cash bank in 600 to my account. I question them why put 600 into my account and he say its a trial loan that need to pay 300 for 3 weeks in order to get the 1000 loan + 300. I told him to take back but he refuse and said account open already must close once making 300 for 3 weeks. I said ok and followed his instruction and transferred 300 for 3 weeks total of 900. Next day was sunday and told him I already done the trial loan and ask him when can get the loan. Told me sunday he dont work. Weekday I text him again for the loan and 300, he said will check. After 1 week, receive a msg from the same number asking for payment. He said he's the boss and his man gave me wrong instruction. Should be receive 600 and payback after 1 week 900 and demanded me for 900. I told him off saying is it my problem? I already paid 900 according to his man's instruction and still want another 900. I told him that you suppose to give us loan instead me keep giving defer money. What nonsence. Sence that this could be a scam and I immediately block him. He used another number to immediately sent me the burning of the unit door and ask to pay up.I block all numbers he call and sent whatsapp msg. Following week sent me a letter as 1st warning and ask to call back his number.I was pissed off and call him and told him to meet me face to face and settle this issue. But he claims that they will not meet the person and will come anytime to burn my unit if I don't pay up.I told them, good, come and burn, it will be a big news and police will immediately hunt you guys down. Told them that I have fire extinguisher standby.They are not real LS who really gives loan, instead they are LS Scammers out there to milk u try by using treatening tactic. Its better to change phone number as they will circulate my number to other Unlicense and License Money Lender and you will receive all kinds of numbers.The funny part is how they can check our cpf through our singpass. This I suspect they coloborate with License Money Lender. So be aware of all Unlicensed & Licensed Money Lenders. This whole episode is like HELL!!! I beleive some of us here being scammed is from the same syndicate.They are still active and still scamming new victims. I just can't wait for the police to nap them till the day we all get some peace of mind. Also, my advice to scammed victim, deactivate your social media especially facebook account.

Thanks for sharing. They give you hell, they will get hell in return. Pls help to advice the new victims here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.