[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sun all bank not open. Hotel offer money exchange but 100 to 2100 only. Will withdrawing from atm better? Or 2100 is gd enough?

By the way, today wind is chilly despite at 15 deg.

Saw is today, nvm just for your infor. UOB atm card can withdraw from tw atm if you activate for oversea use, Thailand also can use but I don't rem the charge. Just use it for extra cash if you in need.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
WoW!
Good for YMS!
But can last till CNY if it remains cold and no rain.

Was admiring the sakuras at YMS few years back. It is indeed a very beautiful sight. Whoever is in Taipei now should make an effort to go see it.

efreelancer

Reaction score
Decently priced.
Roadside stores?
Cash.
But money changers only banks.
No roadside changers one.

Okies, will go there see see. By the way, saw some 28 inch big luggage selling at 1500 at xmd, is it consider cheap?

And also, money changer or atm witdraw is better if need some cash to buy road side stall stuffs?

Thank you

In tw you rarely/hardly can find any money changer (which I find it strange). Withdraw money need to pay service fee (last time was like $5) and also a much lower rate. And can only withdraw very small amount like china.

Maybe if you stay in hotels and had paid deposit using cash, pay them using card and get back your cash deposits.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In tw you rarely/hardly can find any money changer (which I find it strange). Withdraw money need to pay service fee (last time was like $5) and also a much lower rate. And can only withdraw very small amount like china.

Maybe if you stay in hotels and had paid deposit using cash, pay them using card and get back your cash deposits.

Why they restrict to banks, due to serious money laudering issues.

If you are low on cash, yes , do pay by paywave or cc.
Earn some points, keep the cold hard cash.

efreelancer

Reaction score
I notice the kuokuang bus driver will sometimes check the ticket twice. One at the beginning of journey and then he will collect ticket at end of the journey. What happens if I lose the ticket? Is cab fare for all Taiwan taxis the same? There are many different types of taxis - Toyota Camry , Honda Jazz and even 1990s Mercedes e class

If im not wrong thats your luggage tag.

I took cab only when I go clubbing/nightlife. No 50% surcharge and cheaper than sg. Try uber lah lol

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If im not wrong thats your luggage tag.

I took cab only when I go clubbing/nightlife. No 50% surcharge and cheaper than sg. Try uber lah lol

Even in the day, some drivers will cheat by pressing the 夜间收费button.
It speeds up the taxi meter.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
there used to be a period of time in the past where exchange rates in taiwan is better than sg. but nowadays, sg is much better. change in sg first.

seianko

Suspended
Reaction score
I notice the kuokuang bus driver will sometimes check the ticket twice. One at the beginning of journey and then he will collect ticket at end of the journey. What happens if I lose the ticket? Is cab fare for all Taiwan taxis the same? There are many different types of taxis - Toyota Camry , Honda Jazz and even 1990s Mercedes e class
i pay w easy card on KG bus.

figo16

Banned
Reaction score
Even in the day, some drivers will cheat by pressing the 夜间收费button.
It speeds up the taxi meter.

ok lah. i still find tw taxis to be affordable and the drivers to be ok unlike some countries where taxi fare very expensive but driver still want to cheat

i visited alishan, cingjing, sun moon lake, cks memorial hall, xiangshan, shifen, danshui fisherman wharf sunset, YMS, ximending, feng jia and raohe night market during recent trip.

A lady vomited during bus trip to YMS and some passengers sat on the vomit lol

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is Qingtiangang visitor center open already? it was still under construction when i was there. perhaps they waiting for visitor center completion before reopening?
the grassland at YMS's qingtiangang is still closed.dunno when will it reopen.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nytv7k.jpg

Now in MRT.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but now can take mrt from tpe to hsr station too.

Just that the shuttle from airport to taoyuan now has been scheduled as such.

There is a bus from airport to ximen station
Bus : 1916
Kindly check schedule.

figo16

Banned
Reaction score
is Qingtiangang visitor center open already? it was still under construction when i was there. perhaps they waiting for visitor center completion before reopening?

it was closed while i was there. YMS was very quiet cause i visited that place on monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.