Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bangbong11

Reaction score
They transfer me 600 and ask to return 900. Now I don't do anything as advise, they keep on harras me and say that something bad would happen. Anyone can advise?

pls_help_me

Reaction score
They transfer me 600 and ask to return 900. Now I don't do anything as advise, they keep on harras me and say that something bad would happen. Anyone can advise?

Safest bet would be to make police report, they got ur bank info details also?? Wtf
close that account also

DigOwnGrave

Reaction score

Call up your bank, ask your bank to transfer back 600 to the account holder that transfer to you. Say that you suspect it is part of money laundering and you dont know the person. The bank will do it.

Next, make a police report. Be truthful to the police eventhough it made you looked stupid and naive.

Block the current whats app number that is contacting you. Inform your next of kin regarding the situation. Because, when you block the number, they will just use other numbers to whats app you. Threats will start to come in to you and your next of kin.

Please inform your workplace of your situation cos i guarantee they will call your work place and chase you there too. You just act innocent cos you are just a victim.

Hope this helps.

Bangbong11

Reaction score
Call up your bank, ask your bank to transfer back 600 to the account holder that transfer to you. Say that you suspect it is part of money laundering and you dont know the person. The bank will do it.

Next, make a police report. Be truthful to the police eventhough it made you looked stupid and naive.

Block the current whats app number that is contacting you. Inform your next of kin regarding the situation. Because, when you block the number, they will just use other numbers to whats app you. Threats will start to come in to you and your next of kin.

Please inform your workplace of your situation cos i guarantee they will call your work place and chase you there too. You just act innocent cos you are just a victim.

Hope this helps.

Now they threaten me that they will burn and slash paint. What is the next step?
Have already lodge report

DigOwnGrave

Reaction score
Now they threaten me that they will burn and slash paint. What is the next step?
Have already lodge report

Have you called up your bank and ask to transfer back the 600? Most importantly, their money must not be with you.

Of cos they threatened until like that. They even threatened me say they know where my son is schooling. But only one problem, i dont have a son. These scammers will try and make you fear them. Just dont reply them. Better still, just read and block them. Dont read would be better, then you wouldnt be scared.

Trust me, when you ignore them, they will get tired and figured that you are not worth their time. Just have to be patient.

Makminah

Reaction score
hello everyone asking fpr help also i just borrow 300 i tot is leggal just found out that illegal so tje tjey keep on chasing i paid 1560 already tjey said d will refund my money but disnt and keep on tjreatening me what ahould i do

Hi Celena. I'm sorry to hear what happened to you.
First all of you need to stay calm. Dont kanchiong you paid them more than what they 'loaned' you. Enough is enough.

1. Stop all contact with them. Block them, change number, do whatever you feel is right. If you feel changing number is not an option, dont pick up any unknown numbers or read their whatsapp. Ignore them totally.

2. Report to the police, pass ALL information and tell the police EVERYTHING. Police might not be able to take any actions cause no physical harm was done to you or your property. Only threatened you via hp. But reporting is to safe guard yourself also, cause you been paying them, you might have transferred to some poor soul who is going thru the same thing as you. He/she might report you and if you dont report to the police you might look like an accomplice.

3. Inform you NOK or workplace. At least if this world class a*sholes call them they know before hand. Tell you got scam and now they are threatening you for more $$. Sound remorseful and sorry. They will be angry and dissappointed but just listen and apologise. You need their support more than ever now.

4. Install CCTV if you feel there's a need. Hopefully if the runners see your place has CCTV install, it might deter them from doing anything. Even if they do something, now you have more evidence to show to your IO.

5. Close bank account just in case they might transfer you more money which lead to a bigger problem. You never know what this low lives are thinking so better be safe than sorry.

6. Talk to someone to keep yourself sane. The initial part of ignoring will be damn hard. You will feel soo depressed and down but you need to remember life goes on. Dont think too much about them. They will eventually move on to their next victim.

The reason why they are harassing you is becausr they see you as an easy target. Loan $300 but can easily pay them 5× more. So must be mentally and emotionally strong to fight against them. Dont let their threats get to you. What they say are empty words. It is easier said than done but all of us went through this before and are still alive and kicking. Still surviving.

Good luck and may god bless you.
Remember to always stay calm and dont kanchiong each time they msg or call. Ignore them and eventually you will fet use to it. Also stop paying them no matter what they say. They're feeding on our fears hence you need to be brave okay. Take care and hopefully this helps! Jiayou! 💪💪

Last edited:

Makminah

Reaction score

Keep calm and ignore them. Report to the police is important. Read up my recent post and hope that will help. How much have you paid them in total?

chulu2810

Reaction score
Credit Bureau believe on show individual info. A lender told me they bought all my n family data like my in law address etc. A friend says that lender show my friend. This AL is refer by a friend.

Could it be credit bureau report? It is possible to buy for financial institutions to get access as well.

Makminah

Reaction score
I have not paid them yet. How?

Then count yourself lucky and dont pay them anything. Go to bank and ask them to transfer them back the money. Tell them you suspect its part of money laundering.
Then move on with life. They will definitely harass you, NOK and workplace. Just be mentally and emotionally strong to ignore them..

Read up the link our bro JusticeLeague posted. Many useful tips there. If not can PM him.

Goodluck ya!

Luke2000

Reaction score
Hi everyone. i think I'm messed up.

recently jus 1 month ago. I was in need of cash. I'm sure you guys have heard this story. I was asking a loan of 3k. then this guy say I have to pay the defer crap. and i did it anyway. the 1st week I have to pay $400 so that I able to open account and administration fee then I pay. then after that this guy say I have to wait for 2 days. and I wait. on that day i try to contact him all day until night around 11pm++ he call back me and say he was sorry because house happen something so rush back home. and still got the ball to ask me my payment is consider late already and i have to pay another $400 deferment. but he was saying all the money I pay will return me plus the money i loan. so now total $800 i have paid. after this i thought that maybe it is time already. then he suddenly say I have to clear a $490 to clear my black mark due to late payment and was told if never give this money my account will be on hold and all the money I pay this far will be on hold too. so I call him and for some f@k reason I decide to trust him again. and i pay the $490. after that he say why I transfer him thru ibanking but not by atm bank transfer. and we argue. and finally come to a conclusion that he can pay me back my money but ask me if I ok to let them use my bank account to do money transfer and in the same time they will pay me weekly and add in say if I'm scare i can stop anytime. i know this sounds too illegal but I still ask them. is all this illegal and ask about the company name etc and he say that his company is a legal money loan company.
and I have done something very wrong now. I decide to let them use my account for transaction hope that maybe i can get back the money I throw in.
after 3 weeks which is yestheday. my bank account was frozen and call my bank help center. the bank center give me a number to call and end up the one who frozen my account is actualy a police inspector. after that i know that im in deep sh!ts. if any bros or sis experience my situation pls give me some tips on what to do. I'm scare right now and unable to sleep becoz of the mess I in right now. and i don't really scare of them if they want to threaten me. but I scare if I never report to police due to suspect of illegal transaction from my account. the police will charge me or come to my house. the thing is. the inspector who I call never really demand i have to go down and do a investigation with them just tell me if coming down find him at the police station. but in the same time I wish to report to the police but scare of being charge or worst jail. pls anyone that have the knowledge provide helps for me...

Last edited:
Reaction score
recently jus 1 month ago. I was in need of cash. I'm sure you guys have heard this story. I was asking a loan of 3k. then this guy say I have to pay the defer crap. and i did it anyway. the 1st week I have to pay 400 so that I able to open account and administration fee then I pay. then after that this guy say I have to wait for 2 days. and then I wait. on that day i try to contact him all day until night around 11pm++ he call back me and say he was sorry because house happen something so rush back home. and still got the ball to ask me my payment is consider late already and i have to pay another 400. but he was saying all the money I pay will return me plus the money i loan. so now total 800 i have paid. after this i thought that maybe it is time already. then he suddenly say I have to clear a 490 to clear my black mark due to late payment and was told if never give this money my account will be on hold and all the money I pay this far will be on hold too. so I call him and for some f@k reason I decide to trust him again. and i pay the 490. after that he say why I transfer him thru ibanking but not by atm bank transfer. and we argue. and finally come to a conclusion that he can pay me back my money but ask me if I ok to let them use my bank account to do money transfer and in the same time they will pay me weekly and add in say if I'm scare i can stop anytime. i know this sounds too illegal but I still ask them. is all this illegal and ask about the company name etc and he say that his company is a legal money loan company.
and I have done something very wrong now. I decide to let them use my account for transaction hope that maybe i can get back the money I throw in.
after 3 weeks which is yestheday. my bank account was frozen and call my bank help center. the bank center give me a number to call and end up the one who frozen my account is actualy a police inspector. after that i know that im in deep sh!ts. if any bros or sis experience my situation pls give me some tips on what to do. I'm scare right now and unable to sleep becoz of the mess I in right now. I was thinking just let my account got frozen all the way I don really care becoz I don have alot of money inside anyway only have the money from them in right now. and i don't really scare of them if they want to threaten me. but then I scare if I never report to police due to suspect of illegal transaction from my account. the police will charge me or come to my house. the thing is. the inspector who I call never really demand i have to go down and do a investigation with them just tell me if coming down find him at the police station. but in the same time I wish to report to the police but scare of being charge or worst jail. pls anyone that have the knowledge provide helps for me...

First of all, this is a loan scam. Lending you money in this way is all illegal, the fellow told you lie after lie after lie.

Your account has been used to move money, to the police, they can't tell if you are innocent or not, they just freeze because some one else is at the other end of the sending or receiving and has reported the case. File the report asap, put in the facts and go meet IO to give your statement.

With regards to them harassing you and threatening you, file additional reports.

You are not alone, many here have been scammed and survived. Stay strong and pm if need help. Read this link.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

You might like to fudge a bit of the details you put here, we don't know who is reading it.

Last edited:

mahjong saint

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
recently jus 1 month ago. I was in need of cash. I'm sure you guys have heard this story. I was asking a loan of 3k. then this guy say I have to pay the defer crap. and i did it anyway. the 1st week I have to pay 400 so that I able to open account and administration fee then I pay. then after that this guy say I have to wait for 2 days. and then I wait. on that day i try to contact him all day until night around 11pm++ he call back me and say he was sorry because house happen something so rush back home. and still got the ball to ask me my payment is consider late already and i have to pay another 400. but he was saying all the money I pay will return me plus the money i loan. so now total 800 i have paid. after this i thought that maybe it is time already. then he suddenly say I have to clear a 490 to clear my black mark due to late payment and was told if never give this money my account will be on hold and all the money I pay this far will be on hold too. so I call him and for some f@k reason I decide to trust him again. and i pay the 490. after that he say why I transfer him thru ibanking but not by atm bank transfer. and we argue. and finally come to a conclusion that he can pay me back my money but ask me if I ok to let them use my bank account to do money transfer and in the same time they will pay me weekly and add in say if I'm scare i can stop anytime. i know this sounds too illegal but I still ask them. is all this illegal and ask about the company name etc and he say that his company is a legal money loan company.
after 3 weeks which is yestheday. my bank account was frozen and call my bank help center. the bank center give me a number to call and end up the one who frozen my account is actualy a police inspector. after that i know that im in deep sh!ts. if any bros or sis experience my situation pls give me some tips on what to do. I'm scare right now and unable to sleep becoz of the mess I in right now. I was thinking just let my account got frozen all the way I don really care becoz I don have alot of money inside anyway only have the money from them in right now. and i don't really scare of them if they want to threaten me. but then I scare if I never report to police due to suspect of illegal transaction from my account. the police will charge me or come to my house. the thing is. the inspector who I call never really demand i have to go down and do a investigation with them just tell me if coming down find him at the police station. but in the same time I wish to report to the police but scare of being charge or worst jail. pls anyone that have the knowledge provide helps for me...

The police may suspect ur account is being used for money laundering

cmlim3

Reaction score
hi all

may i know, besides facebook, which other social media platforms should i suspend to safeguard myself and my family?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.