[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsoukalos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
like to find out what's the average price & time needed to travel by cab if from 西门町 to 淡水 太原宫? cause if ghost by mrt (45 min?) to 淡水 then change public bus (bus alone will take 20 to 30 mins) asking specifically for sakura season, thanks

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
like to find out what's the average price & time needed to travel by cab if from 西门町 to 淡水 太原宫? cause if ghost by mrt (45 min?) to 淡水 then change public bus (bus alone will take 20 to 30 mins) asking specifically for sakura season, thanks

Very far n expensive.
Me no carrot.
Cannot advise you.

Tsoukalos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Very far n expensive.
Me no carrot.
Cannot advise you.
So like what he say is true. Will be peasant then. 谢谢楼主 新年快乐!
bTFDbDwl.jpg

Sent from 西方极乐世界 using GAGT

xorionn

Reaction score
Dear All, I'm traveling to Taipei in March with my wife and a toddler (1 yo) for 5 days. Thinking of renting a car, is it easy to drive? cos going around with pram in public transport may not be so easy.

Would like to visit the city area, taipei 101, markets, jiufen/shifen, yangmingshan & beitou.

Lastly any recommendations for baby friendly hotels?

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear All, I'm traveling to Taipei in March with my wife and a toddler (1 yo) for 5 days. Thinking of renting a car, is it easy to drive? cos going around with pram in public transport may not be so easy.

Would like to visit the city area, taipei 101, markets, jiufen/shifen, yangmingshan & beitou.

Since all around city, i doubt you will need a car.
Use pram ba.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Very far n expensive.
Me no carrot.
Cannot advise you.

it is a very long journey. it won't be cheap.

seianko

Suspended
Reaction score

actually, personal feel is, travelling by pram is only inconvenient in singapore n msia....

for some reasons singapore infrasture totally disregard it (ok not totally but 99%)

so to answer ur qn, its not too bad with pram travel in taiwan, better than SG. provided ur pram is not those XXXL luxury type. those 2.5 tier storage, extra wide big big wheels. ykwim. if u wrap pram up, enter MRT with u carry toddler, ppl will let seat to u. Or u can ask on those "special seats"

9fen, may be challenging. alot of stairs n so on if u r on ur way to the falls. be prepare to piggy back all the way, OR pay a cab to send u from old streets of 9en to the start of walk of the falls.

OR skip the old streets altogether, personally most boring

Last edited:

addats

Reaction score
1 year old bring a baby carrier. their MRT is very pram friendly but not the sidewalks. Still need to bring pram just in case need to change diaper or feed.

seianko

Suspended
Reaction score
1 year old bring a baby carrier. their MRT is very pram friendly but not the sidewalks. Still need to bring pram just in case need to change diaper or feed.
super friendly! their sense of let seats is embarrassing to singaporeans

KingOfSbw

Master Member
Reaction score
Take note some of the mrt exit/entrance have no escalator going down direction, so have to take lift unless u ok to hand carry ur baby and the pram down the stairs

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Take note some of the mrt exit/entrance have no escalator going down direction, so have to take lift unless u ok to hand carry ur baby and the pram down the stairs

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

If you walk a bit more, there is always a lift but very crowded.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Baby carrier ideal to use.
Use those basic stroller commonly knw as 傘車。
Even if you book driver, also need to use pram at times.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
super friendly! their sense of let seats is embarrassing to singaporeans

But if you have a kid taking a seat, some folks will still try to squeeze them out.
So it is not really a bed of roses after all.

seianko

Suspended
Reaction score
But if you have a kid taking a seat, some folks will still try to squeeze them out.
So it is not really a bed of roses after all.
then exercise the vocals. sth we are very unfamiliar with :o

for young 5-6 yr old also good for children to learn how to voice out concern loudly, express precise & politely

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
then exercise the vocals. sth we are very unfamiliar with :o

for young 5-6 yr old also good for children to learn how to voice out concern loudly, express precise & politely

In Taiwan,
老人家大過小孩子
跟年輕談敬老尊賢

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.