Malaysia prepaid card

RyuShinEX

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks. 50 days.

Are all network the same? The good ones are just longer validity?

RyuShinEX

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see. So the coverage are just fine for all since most are on the same network.

Guess i have to come jb every 2 months.

beary2teddy

Reaction score
Hi, is there any recommended prepaid sim for data if i enter msia once every 2 months.

Too many sims, which are the better ones out there?

edit: each trip to msia will be about 2-4 days

Last edited:

andy1982

Reaction score
why spend so much money on mobile in malaysia?

digi is giving away freebies again.

R62LHVA.jpg

can i ask...

1. is there a way to turn off the auto renewal?
2. how often do u get the free 1GB of data? is it once off?

I need to get a new card, Hotlink Red Expired, plus hotlink now no free weekend data. so no use getting it now. i use to like it cause i always go in and stay sat/sun, they use to give free 1 day per day, so shoik no need to buy more data. but now no more. so need to find new one. :(

Downloader

Reaction score
Is there any app to set recurring reminder 75 days automatically (without having to count manually) to buy Digi SSL?

As I want to use my 2nd sim slot for TPG while in SG, I won't be able to receive sms reminder until I pop in Digi Live sim. So I just set a reminder on my calendar.

Initially I used google to count 90 days from 16 Nov 2018 expiry date = 14 Feb 2019 which is 2 days from now.

From Digi app as well as web base login, can see the 2.5GB Video Freedom and Music Freedom(for life) expires in 2 days time too. So I guess since it's life time as long as sim is valid, this can be taken as accurate reference for expiry after grace period. Yours is the older card so 75 days should also reflect accordingly unless you don't have this.

21Flowers

Reaction score
1. No way to turn off auto renewal. It will keep deducting until no value left, then turn off. Best not to select that option, my wife kenna wipe out big time the last time she used it.

2. Hotlink still got free weekend data, but the speed is really slow and unreliable, i get the daily data option.

can i ask...

1. is there a way to turn off the auto renewal?
2. how often do u get the free 1GB of data? is it once off?

I need to get a new card, Hotlink Red Expired, plus hotlink now no free weekend data. so no use getting it now. i use to like it cause i always go in and stay sat/sun, they use to give free 1 day per day, so shoik no need to buy more data. but now no more. so need to find new one. :(

Downloader

Reaction score
Digi Live users pls advise.

According to calculation 16 Nov 2018 expiry would mean 14th Feb 2019 is the last day of grace period which is 2 days from now. The app also shows 2.5GB Video Freedom and Music Freedom (for life) expires in 2 days. Logically it make sense as for life means as long the card is still valid.

I still got RM1 credit inside but in the app notification says my balance has expired. So when I try to extend validity, under Add-ons > Validity > the list is empty and the button below "Buy Validity" is greyed out.

I cannot remember the specific how I extended validity with RM1 close to 88 days ago.

So why I can't do it now?

Since when credit has expiry?

boonkang

Reaction score

According to calculation 16 Nov 2018 expiry would mean 14th Feb 2019 is the last day of grace period which is 2 days from now. The app also shows 2.5GB Video Freedom and Music Freedom (for life) expires in 2 days. Logically it make sense as for life means as long the card is still valid.

I still got RM1 credit inside but in the app notification says my balance has expired. So when I try to extend validity, under Add-ons > Validity > the list is empty and the button below "Buy Validity" is greyed out.

I cannot remember the specific how I extended validity with RM1 close to 88 days ago.

You can extend validity using available credits in your Digi prepaid balance via two (2) methods:

(1) MyDigi app or
(2) Using USSD codes

If your Digi prepaid is not dead/terminated yet -- you should be able to check balance by using USSD code *126#

After checking balance (USSD code *126#) -- if you have sufficient credits in your Digi prepaid, you can (then) extend validity -- EITHER via MyDigi app or via using USSD.

If you encounter problems with MyDigi app, you can also extend validity using USSD code *128#

The guide on how to use USSD code *128# to extend Digi prepaid validity by buying RM1 SLL has already been shared in this thread -- see post #4699 (2017-01-08)

Last edited:

Downloader

Reaction score
@boonkang,

Thanks for responding. Yes, I saw that thread and already tried unsuccessfully.

(1) MyDigi app - under Validity, the list is blank, nothing to select.

(2) Using USSD codes - *126# shows RM1 balance. *128# also shows RM1 balance, expiry 16-Nov-2018. Chose 1 for extend account validity from RM1 shows "Your account is not eligible to perform this transaction".

From everything that I read as long as still yet reach 90 days grade period of inactivity for Digi Live, still can use credit to extend which I've already did so once for my 2nd trip after I got the card so not sure why Digi app notification shows "Your balance has expired. Pls reload to avoid service interruption".

So I thought fine, I reload then saw RM10 - 10 days, RM15 - 15 days, etc. I'm now wondering if this is the active period or credit validity. If credit validity then maybe this card no longer make sense for infrequent traveller.

In any case selecting any predetermined amount to reload, the button to reload is still greyed out.

Grace period should be till 14-Feb-2019. Still got 2 days from last night. Balance expired and cannot reload - double whammy.

:s22:

Downloader

Reaction score
I'd suggest you contact one of the staff at Digi's community forum to check the exact status of your line, seeing that it's going to be terminated that soon, otherwise.

https://community.digi.com.my/

Thanks. I already email thru the app but auto reply states will take few days. Gonna try live chat later at 10am when open and the forum again which seems unable to sign up somehow. Not sure if they changed their terms or suka suka suspend the line b4 expiry but if this fails guess will try one of those world sim with no expiry.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I already email thru the app but auto reply states will take few days. Gonna try live chat later at 10am when open and the forum again which seems unable to sign up somehow. Not sure if they changed their terms or suka suka suspend the line b4 expiry but if this fails guess will try one of those world sim with no expiry.

I approached one of the community staff before and got same day response. Those emails... ya, always "few days"...

Good luck with Live Chat, tried them too and pretty efficient. :)

aquanark

Reaction score
Dear gents / ladies,

Happy new year.

I visit msia every other month.

Which prepaid card do you recommend me to buy which has very long expiry date so that I won't have to keep buying a new pre paid card whenever I enter msia?

Downloader

Reaction score

You can extend validity using available credits in your Digi prepaid balance via two (2) methods:

(1) MyDigi app or
(2) Using USSD codes

If your Digi prepaid is not dead/terminated yet -- you should be able to check balance by using USSD code *126#

After checking balance (USSD code *126#) -- if you have sufficient credits in your Digi prepaid, you can (then) extend validity -- EITHER via MyDigi app or via using USSD.

If you encounter problems with MyDigi app, you can also extend validity using USSD code *128#

The guide on how to use USSD code *128# to extend Digi prepaid validity by buying RM1 SLL has already been shared in this thread -- see post #4699 (2017-01-08)

@boonkang,

Thanks for responding. Yes, I saw that thread and already tried unsuccessfully.

(1) MyDigi app - under Validity, the list is blank, nothing to select.

(2) Using USSD codes - *126# shows RM1 balance. *128# also shows RM1 balance, expiry 16-Nov-2018. Chose 1 for extend account validity from RM1 shows "Your account is not eligible to perform this transaction".

From everything that I read as long as still yet reach 90 days grade period of inactivity for Digi Live, still can use credit to extend which I've already did so once for my 2nd trip after I got the card so not sure why Digi app notification shows "Your balance has expired. Pls reload to avoid service interruption".

So I thought fine, I reload then saw RM10 - 10 days, RM15 - 15 days, etc. I'm now wondering if this is the active period or credit validity. If credit validity then maybe this card no longer make sense for infrequent traveller.

In any case selecting any predetermined amount to reload, the button to reload is still greyed out.

Grace period should be till 14-Feb-2019. Still got 2 days from last night. Balance expired and cannot reload - double whammy.

:s22:

Digi Live chat surprised me with the following answers:

Digi: Must reload by 16 Nov 2018 else credit will expire.

Me: Does not make sense I must reload when I still got credit and since when credit will expire except once the line is terminated after grace period.

Digi: I must reload and extend by 14 Feb 2018.

Me: Thinking to myself goal post shifted to 14 Feb 2018? Must extend yes but reload even when I have sufficient credit to extend for 1 day to get another 90 day grace? I only need to reload when I have insufficient credit.

Digi: The days shown for each reload amount is the credit validity period.

Me: Shouldn't it be the active period instead?

So I was asked to send email with screenshots of the app and ussd message and now awaiting answers.

Everything that was said is different from what I've read from Digi official and community pages as well as advise from here. Otherwise, need to look for a more suitable sim for infrequent traveller such as myself that needs uninterrupted data connection for navigation across the causeway.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Digi Live chat surprised me with the following answers:

Digi: Must reload by 16 Nov 2018 else credit will expire.

In short, is Digi saying that your credit balance expired when your line became inactive (went into its grace period), therefore you cannot use it to reactivate it?

If so, I can only think that they seem to have come up with another sudden change...

Have you thought of posting on their community forum to see what they say there? If there's a change, pretty sure the rest of the Digi members will be interested to know too.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.