Wechat wallet

civicguy

Banned
Reaction score
My WeChat don’t even have wallet. Ha ha. I don’t think I have any issues topping up as I can pay my China friends. Just that I don’t know how to even have a WeChat wallet. Ahhaha.

badpapaya

Reaction score
My WeChat don’t even have wallet. Ha ha. I don’t think I have any issues topping up as I can pay my China friends. Just that I don’t know how to even have a WeChat wallet. Ahhaha.

Same here. Tried to get my China friends to send me Ang bao a couple of times to see if can activate my WeChat wallet but without success.

I am wondering what went wrong

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Same here. Tried to get my China friends to send me Ang bao a couple of times to see if can activate my WeChat wallet but without success.

I am wondering what went wrong

Once you click the Ang Bao, what is the prompt?

Supposedly based on my recent experience (Dec 2018), you will be asked to carry out 实名认证 real name verification, then add your SG credit card, you should be able to activate the wallet this way. Then you will be prompted again to add a mainland China bank card which I assume you do not have. So just skip this step.

Most likely you will still not be able to receive the Ang Bao. But then you can try to top up using 二维码收款 or third party top up service.

brx1987

Reaction score
I am able to link my credit card to my wechat wallet, if i make transaction using my wechat, when my credit card bill comes do i accumulate overseas transaction?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am able to link my credit card to my wechat wallet, if i make transaction using my wechat, when my credit card bill comes do i accumulate overseas transaction?

The SG credit card is only used for real name verification. It cannot be used for payment. So you will not be charged for wechat wallet based transactions.

You need to use other means to top up the wechat wallet ballance 微信零钱 and use that for payment, for example, top up by receiving ang bao from your friends.

berdy79

Reaction score
Hi, my friend have been sending money to me by scanning my QR code for the past 2 months. It have been working well till 2 days ago. My friend wechat prompt that receiver have no Mainland Bank card linked so cannot sent.

I have no China bank card, anyone know if wechat have tightened up again?

Anyone have any solution?

Thanks

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, my friend have been sending money to me by scanning my QR code for the past 2 months. It have been working well till 2 days ago. My friend wechat prompt that receiver have no Mainland Bank card linked so cannot sent.

Thanks

How much have you received? I believe there is a limit without linking to a mainland China bank card. Did you hit the 5000RMB per month limit which will trigger the prompt?

As a workaround, get another wechat account (eg, buy a prepaid card and register again).

Or try 3rd party top up service to see if they can help you.

From websites search, take note the info is not officially from wechat and may no longer be valid.
https://zhidao.baidu.com/question/267924886722156285.html?entrytime=1550819949542
1、已绑卡的用户:给好友付款的限额为15000元/笔/日;收款的限额为50000元/日.

2、未添加过中国大陆地区银行卡的用户:付款限额为200元/笔/日,500元/月;收款限额为500元/笔/日,5000元/月。

注:超过收款限额后若想继续使用面对面收钱功能,需要添加一张中国大陆地区银行卡。

微信如何进行收款?

在微信页面中选择右上角“+”->【收付款】->【我要收款】->设置金额->将生成的二维码发送给好友扫描即可收钱。

Last edited:

civicguy

Banned
Reaction score
I just asked a china friend to send me hong bao or transfer. Either way the amount is just 1 RMB.

But I got this message :(

Using a DBS credit card does not work.... :(

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just asked a china friend to send me hong bao or transfer. Either way the amount is just 1 RMB.

But I got this message :(

Using a DBS credit card does not work.... :(

That is normal now. You will not be able to receive Ang Bao to top up.

Just use the QR code to receive money after you add the DBS credit card.

Me -- Wechat Pay -- Money -- Receive Money
我 -支付 -收付款 -二维码收款

There will be a limit so do not expect to be able to receive large sum of money using this workaround.

Last edited:

civicguy

Banned
Reaction score
Thank you so much Xiaofan for your help...

Ya. I sent the QR code to my friend and he tried...

And this is what he see ...

And this is what I received as a Service Message:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much Xiaofan for your help...

Ya. I sent the QR code to my friend and he tried...

And this is what he see ...

And this is what I received as a Service Message:

I see. It may be true that Tencent again tightens the rules for Wechat pay. This workaround worked for me in December 2018.

You may want to try 3rd party service to see if they work for you.

Edit to add: just tried this with my testing wechat account which can not receive ang bao but used to be able to receive money through QR code, the same message poped up. So indeed Wechat plugs the loophole and this workaround no longer works.

On the other hand my main wechat account which can receive ang bao still can receive money using QR code. So this rule seems to only apply to new accounts for now. YMMV.

Last edited:

brx1987

Reaction score
Not hotel address, I used my friend's residential address and her spare phone SIM card no. lol. They don't verify anyway. Btw I was in Henan, maybe at small cities they are not so strict with the regulations.

is there a min sum to bank in when opening the account?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Jumpman23

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup just maintain about 500 RMB inside.

Btw take note that many remittance services now can only remit funds to China accounts registered to mainland China IDs. Before last weekend BOC sg can still transfer to China accounts opened with passports. Apparently there was a new regulation in China few days ago. The ones below will not work:

- DBS China remit
- BOC sg RMB pre-settlement account
- Worldremit
- Transferwise
- Worldfirst

Xendpay still works for now.

Last edited:

piglovepanda

Reaction score
i also facing the same problem. my china wallet work well in past few months until this few day. I just able to send out money but not receive. Anyone have solution for that? thanks...

piglovepanda

Reaction score

Thanks

I also facing same problem, please let me know if you have solution for that. Thanks.

Exclusive10

Master Member
Reaction score
Say I have a fren who is willing to lend me an bank acc to tie to wechat . What is the best way for me to pay back him?

Change rmb pass him cash?
Pass him sgd?
Buy Alipay or wechat credits top up?

Nv use wechat b4 pls advice ..

piglovepanda

Reaction score
Best solution is to get a china friend to borrow you their ID. You will use their ID for the wechat. But it has better to be someone reliable as well.
do you mean use their china bank card to tie to my wechat? anyway, for this solution i need create new wechat right? cause i read that once the wechat tie to a name it cannot be remove >.<

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.