iPhone Chinese Entertainment Apps

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Disclaim: I use Taobao 88VIP to activate my normal Youku VIP. I do not have 酷喵影视VIP myself. But there is a report in a Facebook group that it works in Android TV box (Nvidia Shield TV) with 1080p and 4k support, without VPN. YMMV.

Another disclaim: right now Youku VIP does not need VPN to access Youku but it does ask you to switch to 海外地区 from time to time so be careful to say NO. I am prepared to pay for VPN like SpeedIn myself if one day it needs VPN.

Same disclaim for QQ Music VIP, right now I do not need VPN to access QQ Music since I paid RMB180 for the 绿钻豪华版VIP. Still not so sure if it is a loophole or by design.

Same disclaim for Xiami Music, right now I do not need VPN to access either the free version or Xiami Music VIP content. Still not so sure if it is a loophole or by design.

Just want to say you may need to prepare to use VPN in the future.

Last edited:

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
VIP for iQiYi 爱奇艺, you need VPN

VIP tiers
Price may vary due to currency exchange fluctuations

1) For mobile phone and tablet (iOS and Android), up to 1080p

iQiYi 黄金VIP under iOS
S$3.98 per month, S$11.48 per quartet and
S$42.98 per year for auto subscription

If paying one time under iOS
S$5.98 per month, S$14.98 per quartet and
S$55.98 per year for one time payment

2) VIP for TV

The app is for Android TV boxes and Smart TV, called 银河奇异果

http://app.iqiyi.com/tv/player/
You need the 钻石VIP.

RMB 49.8 a month, RMB120 for three months and RMB 360 a year.

how u reg for 爱奇艺 as need china number ?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how u reg for 爱奇艺 as need china number ?

I do not have 爱奇艺 VIP but there is no problem to register as a member under iOS with Singapore phone number. Same for Android.

In my case, I registered a WeChat account using my Singapore phone number and log in to WeChat using that WeChat account. But I believe you can do without that step as well, just register using your Singapore number.

Last edited:

wcmonk

Reaction score
hi,

ask a noob question how do you use the podcast that come with apple device n where to find the list of rss or url for podcast. sorry i’m new to apple

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi,

ask a noob question how do you use the podcast that come with apple device n where to find the list of rss or url for podcast. sorry i’m new to apple

Not so sure why you ask for Podcasts here. Just open the Apple “Podcasts” app and search for the thing you like. For example search for RTHK and it will list all the podcasts from RTHK.

wcmonk

Reaction score
Not so sure why you ask for Podcasts here. Just open the Apple “Podcasts” app and search for the thing you like. For example search for RTHK and it will list all the podcasts from RTHK.

actually i had being googling a bit like to ask where you all go find the list of available podcast like if i want find sg radio fm podcast how to find eh?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually i had being googling a bit like to ask where you all go find the list of available podcast like if i want find sg radio fm podcast how to find eh?

You may want to start a new thread to ask as what you ask is not really related. MeRadio is the app to listen to live radio program but this is probably not what you want.

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I do not have 爱奇艺 VIP but there is no problem to register as a member under iOS with Singapore phone number. Same for Android.

In my case, I registered a WeChat account using my Singapore phone number and log in to WeChat using that WeChat account. But I believe you can do without that step as well, just register using your Singapore number.

but on TV no option of Singapore mobile to registere
only china and taiwan

btw i am using android TV box

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but on TV no option of Singapore mobile to registere
only china and taiwan

btw i am using android TV box

I see. No problem under iPhone and Android phone.

But you are right that the TV version 爱奇艺TV limits the registration options to mainland China number or Taiwan number. Even the Android tablet version also has the same limits. I just tried with my Android TV box. And the mobile phone version is said to be incompatible. So I have edited my post to add this note.

There is no problem for Youku TV version 酷喵影视 and Tencent Video TV version 腾讯视频TV版. Both can register using we chat account linked to Singapore phone number. In case of Youku TV version酷喵影视 you do not need to have wechat actually, just need to use Singapore phone number to register.

Last edited:

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see. No problem under iPhone and Android phone.

But you are right that the TV version 爱奇艺TV limits the registration options to mainland China number or Taiwan number. Even the Android tablet version also has the same limits. I just tried with my Android TV box. And the mobile phone version is said to be incompatible. So I have edited my post to add this note.

There is no problem for Youku TV version 酷喵影视 and Tencent Video TV version 腾讯视频TV版. Both can register using we chat account linked to Singapore phone number. In case of Youku TV version酷喵影视 you do not need to have wechat actually, just need to use Singapore phone number to register.

bro, i tried use mobile reg account via wechat
than use wechat scan login 爱奇艺TV and got login successfully

guess this the trick bah

酷喵影视 1 thing good is no need vpn

i am using 腾讯视频TV版 as buy vip already
not bad i should say
and vip can watch 泰捷视频 vip too
泰捷视频 is the first app with no adv years back...or should say one of the best but show are slow update

thks

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bro, i tried use mobile reg account via wechat
than use wechat scan login 爱奇艺TV and got login successfully

guess this the trick bah

酷喵影视 1 thing good is no need vpn

i am using 腾讯视频TV版 as buy vip already
not bad i should say
and vip can watch 泰捷视频 vip too
泰捷视频 is the first app with no adv years back...or should say one of the best but show are slow update

thks

Thanks for the updates. Good that you find the ways to register for 爱奇艺TV.

I myself actually have a China Sim number just for the purpose of receiving SMS verification of various China apps. But I mainly use my mobile phones for the entertainment needs -- Huawei P20 and iPhone 6S and only use my Android TV boxes occasionally.

Last edited:

saddams wife

Reaction score
VIP for Tencent Video腾讯视频, you need VPN

Three tiers of VIP

Note: price may vary due to currency exchange fluctuations

1) one for mobile phone and tablet (iOS and Android), up to 1080p
腾讯视频VIP under iOS
19 RMB per month, 53RMB per quarter, 208 RMB per year for auto subscription

If paying one time under iOS
25 RMB per month, 68 RMB per quartet and
233RMB per year.

It is a bit cheaper to pay under Android.
178 RMB per year for subscription and 208 RMB per year for one time payment.

2) The other tier is the above plus the TV version for Android TV boxes and Smart TV. 1080p and some 4K contents. The app is called 腾讯视频TV(云视听极光) and it is available in Dangbei market or directly from its website.

http://tv.qq.com/

超级影视VIP
30 RMB per month, 88 RMB per quarter, 348 RMB per year for auto subscription

If paying one time
50 RMB per month, 148 RMB per quartet and 488 RMB per year.

3) If you need Sport, then it is called 腾讯体育VIP. You can download the app from Apple App Store and the pay using in app purchase.
https://sports.qq.com/vip/

腾讯体育普通会员
RMB22 per month now.
S$6.98 per month and S$15.98 for three months if paying through iOS

腾讯体育高级会员
RMB60 per month now

Hi. I am only interest in using 腾讯体育 on my Nvidia Shield TV box? Do they have an official app for this on the Android store for TV box?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi. I am only interest in using 腾讯体育 on my Nvidia Shield TV box? Do they have an official app for this on the Android store for TV box?

Yes they have an official app.

On iOS it is available from Apple App Store called 腾讯体育.

On Android, you can use the following site. Not so sure if it is good on Android TV OS device like Nvidia Shield TV. I believe it should work. It seems to work on my generic Android TV box.
https://sports.qq.com/kbs/m.htm

I am not into sports myself so you need to try. You may need VPN as well like Transocks or SpeedIn.

BTW, there are already some content like NBA on the Tencent Video TV app 云视听极光. So maybe that covers sports on TV as well. Not so sure as I am not into sports.

You can test out Tecent Video TV (云视听极光) using Transocks and it seems to me to work fine for the sports section.

Edit: it seems Tencent Video TV (云视听极光 ) has NBA section but the general sports section does not have many soccer related content.

Tencent Sports (腾讯体育)app seems to be working but you need to log in using WeChat.

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Specific to iOS and Sports, there are a few choices using apps from Apple App Store

1) Live TV with CCTV 5 and CCTV 5+, free
华文电视 and 电视家, no need VPN

2) Popolar Video Apps offering Sports live broadcasts and other services, paid subscription, need VPN as well.

It seems to me 腾讯体育 is possibly easier to use in Singapore.

Tencent: 腾讯体育 (focus is NBA and Soccer). You can register using a WeChat account linking to a SG mobile phone number. Tested without paying (can only watch 1 minute). Seems to work with free Transocks VPN under iOS.

Alibaba/Youku : PP视频 app, PP体育 is part of PP视频 (focus is Soccer), need a Chinese mobile phone number for registration. PP is under 苏宁 and they require this step. Need VPN as well. Not tested, YMMV.

Baidu/iQiYi: 爱奇艺体育, need a Chinese mobile phone number for registration. Need VPN as well. Not tested, YMMV.

CCTV: 央视影音 has sports as well. Need a Chinese mobile phone for registration. Need VPN as well. Not tested, YMMV.

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.singtel.com/personal/products-services/lifestyle-services/cast/asian-plus

SingTel Cast Asian Plus is not bad as well. You can cast from you mobile phone and cast to TV using Chromecast dongle or Chromecast enabled device.

http://www.starhub.com/personal/mobile/mobile-tv/no-data-charges-stream-shows/starhub-go-select.html
StarHub Go Select is another possibility.

You can install StarHub Go on mobile phone and cast to TV with Chromecast dongle or Chromecast enabled device like Mi Box S or Android Smart TV.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.singtel.com/personal/products-services/lifestyle-services/cast/asian-plus

SingTel Cast Asian Plus is not bad as well. You can cast from you mobile phone and cast to TV using Chromecast dongle or Chromecast enabled device.

http://www.starhub.com/personal/mobile/mobile-tv/no-data-charges-stream-shows/starhub-go-select.html
StarHub Go Select is another possibility.

You can install StarHub Go on mobile phone and cast to TV with Chromecast dongle or Chromecast enabled device like Mi Box S or Android Smart TV.

Specific to TVB contents, other than StarHub Fibre TV, StarHub Go Select seems to be the best alternative way to watch on TV since TVB Anywhere SG does not support casting to TV.

Yet the other possibility is to use Tencent Video (VPN required). There are quite some TVB content in Cantonese , including latest 铁探.

XER

Reaction score
You can sign up using iPhone or Android Phone or browser for all three tiers of VIP, including 酷喵影视 VIP, just the payment method will be different.

If you pay through iPhone it will go through Apple App Store and it is slightly more expensive at RMB208 a year now (usual price RMB418) which will be converted to S$45.98 and charge to your credit card linked to your Apple ID.

If you pay through Android phone or Browser, you can pay through Alipay and Wechat Pay and the price is now at RMB199 (usual price RMB399).

Apk for Android TV Box or TV
https://pd.youku.com/CIBN
https://m.dangbei.com/wap-view-5145.html

If you do not have either Alipay or WeChat Pay, paying through iOS is more convenient.

Disclaim: I use Taobao 88VIP to activate my normal Youku VIP. I do not have 酷喵影视VIP myself. But there is a report in a Facebook group that it works in Android TV box (Nvidia Shield TV) with 1080p and 4k support, without VPN. YMMV.

I tried subscribing to 酷喵 VIP by upgrading from youku VIP but it keep.asking for a China bank card. I tried to use a friend webchat China account to pay but it also wouldn't allow me me to do that.

Can you advise how you did it?

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.