Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Messup

Reaction score
Update 1.(For the benefit of would-be victims)

1. Made police report via their e-services. An investigating officer will be assign and will contact me within 48hrs.

2. Send back money to sender.FYI, bank don't need police report. They just fill up a form for you to sign. Just need IC.

Now, waiting for harassment to begin.

Good move.

All the best to you

Last edited:

Magensilva

Reaction score
Yes i have, that despite me paying off more than what i owed and refused to pay more or open bank acct for them. They want us to fear them. They will harass u with calls msgs videos and some may even get debtors to splash pain or burn ur door. Their aim is for u to be scared so they can collect the money from you. Honestly the police can only catch the ones who does such things to ur hse or open accts for these ah longs. Other than that theres nothing much they can do which is rather surprising as with the advancement of technologies i just think it should ve possible to catch them. They do have workers. Who buys these pre paid sim cards from geyland registered under foreign workers who have left the country. These workers are also the ones who actually deposit or withdraw money from the accts in a daily basis yet we are unavle to catch them. Its probably due to too much of effort and manpower needed. On our part whether u are being harrassaed or still paying loans. Every single bank acct and hp or watsapp numbers just gve to ah long hotline.

Sg_Oris

Reaction score
Yes i have, that despite me paying off more than what i owed and refused to pay more or open bank acct for them. They want us to fear them. They will harass u with calls msgs videos and some may even get debtors to splash pain or burn ur door. Their aim is for u to be scared so they can collect the money from you. Honestly the police can only catch the ones who does such things to ur hse or open accts for these ah longs. Other than that theres nothing much they can do which is rather surprising as with the advancement of technologies i just think it should ve possible to catch them. They do have workers. Who buys these pre paid sim cards from geyland registered under foreign workers who have left the country. These workers are also the ones who actually deposit or withdraw money from the accts in a daily basis yet we are unavle to catch them. Its probably due to too much of effort and manpower needed. On our part whether u are being harrassaed or still paying loans. Every single bank acct and hp or watsapp numbers just gve to ah long hotline.

Just hope the police can do a bit more. I have reported police since November 2018. Till now, the bank accounts of the loan sharks are still not frozen as they are still asking me to deposit money into the bank account and their numbers are still no locked because they are harassing me using the same number.

green72

Reaction score
To real victims to UML here, just be careful to the replies here as some maybe fake victims and/or runners or UML themselves.

Some caring posters PM me not too divulge to much or too detailed info of myself. I just cannot be a slave to these criminals.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To real victims to UML here, just be careful to the replies here as some maybe fake victims and/or runners or UML themselves.

Some caring posters PM me not too divulge to much or too detailed info of myself. I just cannot be a slave to these criminals.

Just trust the police officer and no one else.

Super lost

Reaction score
anyone encounter?

I kana throw paint b4 ... but nothing much I can do also ..so just call 999 to ask the police to help u cut the lock ..the police is professional they will take photos on every floor for evidence.. it will be good for u to install CCTV to outside ur house at least can deter the runner from doing it ... if he really die die do it the just show the footage to the police .. so do remember don't ever give in the the LS.. once u give in there will suck u dry ...btw now u want to give in also too late ..cos they will ask u to pay them a huge amount... by saying all rubbish like they already call people to go ur place etc etc ... so pls stay strong... one fine day u will be walk out from this **** zone .. trust urself u can do it

Last edited:

Super lost

Reaction score

Yap .. trust urself , police , family member and close friends...

Jas-nid-ur-advice

Reaction score
Hi i am victim of UML.. and draining my resources already.. im a work pass holder here. Can someone can give advise should i make a police report? Because ive heard there is a new policy. Im so lost already..

Vimo Novo

Reaction score
If they harass you, just tell them you got scammed. Make sure you report police. “Clear” your name first.

Hi i am victim of UML.. and draining my resources already.. im a work pass holder here. Can someone can give advise should i make a police report? Because ive heard there is a new policy. Im so lost already..

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Stupid until cannot stupid. I said confirm harrass. When I said splash paint ? Please read few post back. Use your original account. Why create new clone ?

Harassment is 100%. But splashing also not 100%. Pls refer to 0% of your IQ. Duh.

Makminah

Reaction score
if install a cctv. they still dare to do it?

Unfortunately, yes for some cases. Right now you cannot rely on stories of what others had gone through. You need to take the necessary precautions for your own good. Some big amount until now only harassment through msgs & calls. Some small amount but got runners coming up their house with paints and notes.
Read up past post from other victims for you to understand the bigger picture. What others had gone through before it's not important. It's how you stay mentally and emotionally strong to fight against them that is crucial
It is really hard and stressful I know. All of us here had gone through the harassment stage and many of us survived through it. Many come out stronger and smarter too. 😂

You really gotta stop trying to find the logic of what the LS will do. Anything to do with this scammers, there's no logic to it. They will do things as and when they like. Be brave and strong for your little one ya. I pray that god will give you strength to pull this through and protect you from any harm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.