The Watch Thread - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoughtexperiment

Reaction score
在這個社會立足,需要靠大名牌來襯托,彰顯你的能力咩???
不要在這裡灌輸不合理思想咧~~~ 做人就是要無憂無慮,無任何負擔。為了一隻在手腕上震動的小機械,還有不屬於自己的名字牌再扛債。。。。。。值得嗎?

This is extremely wise. 令我感触良多。
Seannie you should take his message home.

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1JgBugL.jpg

peaceheart

Banned
Reaction score
Erm OK noted. No money just be happy with what you have, easy to forget that a lot of people don't have spare cash to afford a Tudor.

And frankly, if you appreciate watches, don't need to own. Rather be friends with someone who wear Casio but don't behave like snob and have genuine love for timepieces than a person with ALS, Patek, Richard Mille but buy it just for show with no real interest, and look down on others.
LGXqyRY.gif

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Black Bay Friday
FBgm6ssl.jpg

Sent from "Please excuse the brevity and/or typo, as this message was sent from my mobile phone" using GAGT

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello I've never been able to afford one luxury watch ever. Been wearing seiko and casios thus far and liking them. But I'm currently in the process of saving up for a daytona for some milestone, which I think is very nice. I like the overall design alot. What do u guys think? Any alternatives? I think the closest is AUTAVIA.... Hmmm

BTW anyone bought from chrono24 before?

Sent from some remote planet in space using GAGT
Go with what your heart content, if it's the daytona stick with it. No point going for alternative but your heart still itch for it.

Realize that Daytona not suitable for a 1 watch guy, I owned 1 but after 6 months i miss the date function and went out to buy a exp 2 because got date function. The gmt function is a bonus.

Sent from "Please excuse the brevity and/or typo, as this message was sent from my mobile phone" using GAGT

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
在這個社會立足,需要靠大名牌來襯托,彰顯你的能力咩???
不要在這裡灌輸不合理思想咧~~~ 做人就是要無憂無慮,無任何負擔。為了一隻在手腕上震動的小機械,還有不屬於自己的名字牌再扛債。。。。。。值得嗎?

100%.

But obviously seannie is a troll so
对牛弹琴

Stanley W

Master Member
Reaction score
There are a bunch of homages, e.g. Steinhart.

Not that many original pieces with that style.

I probably won't go Rolex if I entered this hobby now, prices have gone way crazy.
Unfortunately yeah I see the second hand prices like exploded.. Foof. But dealer prices at 16k. Of cos u have to be in the invisible interest list.
Unfortunately the style from rolex is the nicest =(

Stanley W

Master Member
Reaction score
Go with what your heart content, if it's the daytona stick with it. No point going for alternative but your heart still itch for it.

Realize that Daytona not suitable for a 1 watch guy, I owned 1 but after 6 months i miss the date function and went out to buy a exp 2 because got date function. The gmt function is a bonus.

Thanks! Hmmm interesting why didn't I notice the date is missing! Hmm how about gmt + chromo? Seems busy... Hmmm decisions..

rerear

Reaction score
This looks good, but doesn't have a date :)
Budget like within 500 SGD?
Where to get these in SG or need ship in?

Last edited:

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Black Bay Saturday
A0zsKFkl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.