Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

green72

Reaction score
Loansharks will triumph only if you give in to their threats. There is nothing they can do if you don’t pay. Don’t forget every transaction made by you is also considered as illegal money laundering for them. Nowadays all the punishments are very harsh and heavy for those runners. Think about how many would want to risk for those Loansharks. Paying them means they win. Threats would be definitely hinder you for a while. The most they splash paint. All those culprits for setting fire are already being caught. They can’t afford to play if they run out of runners.

Spot on! The only way to whack them is deprive them of money. Deprive them of runners. They seems to operate virtually, no runners, no hand or leg how to operate.

They use technology, it's their mistake...electronic paper trail.

Vimo Novo

Reaction score
TCtQZk2.jpg

Try this.

Guys.. For LML companies, overcharging of interest able to report to CASE?

Aion99

Reaction score
UMLs are a menace to our society. SPF are doing their best to bring them down. But the comercial entities like banks and telcos are not as proactive to this type of crime. Where are their CSR?

When I reported my case as illegal activities/money laundering, my bank seems so bo chap and process as return to sender case.Still in process some more.

I think I just bring this up to my MP at next Meet MP Session so can bring up in parliament.

Banks and Telcos are commercial entity, and their obligation is their bottom line to the shareholders. More people use their services, more profits. Fighting AL is not their priority.

Vimo Novo

Reaction score
I think you shouldn’t pay them at all. They will not stop. Remember they are living in the dark and dare not show their faces. You pay them and they will keep coming. You should get cctv installed at your gate just in case they send runner up. They will threaten you with all sorts of nonsense. They will send you videos of house door set on fire. Or go to your Facebook to download your photos and send to threaten you. So you should jux deactivate your social media accounts or set to the privacy.

Hi,
My husband borrow money from loan shark. He borrowed $1100 and pay them $200 every week now they say total is $2200. They have been harrassing me with phonecalls and watsapp. We have make police report. Now they want me to pay full on behalf of my husband if not they will burn my house. Any advise?

nf2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok. Great. Late 2 days, send his ** man over my hse also charge $150 lol

If you and next of kin deliberately avoided their calls, they will send a letter of demand before sending the debt collectors. Most LML will never follow the guidelines, especially when issuing weekly repayment loan for those higher risk debtors (since these will pay for late charges and interest fees)

I dont think MLCB will step in and regulate the terms and conditions for LML even though so much has been done lately.

green72

Reaction score
Banks and Telcos are commercial entity, and their obligation is their bottom line to the shareholders. More people use their services, more profits. Fighting AL is not their priority.
You know what is CSR?, it's the new corporate buzz word.
Yeah, everyone knows they exist to make money. No need to remind.

Curioustranger

Master Member
Reaction score
That time I saw installment phone loan company ievo so I went ahead with it. But didn’t know they tie with LML monetium leasing if not I won’t take. Previously oso problem, when I already explained to them I’ll pay + willing pay late fee cos cash tight coz my father passed away n sent them death cert coz they asked for proof end up oso sent DC come over and make a fuss. Just yesterday DC came down my hse but I wasn’t around and only late for 2 days morning tell me $+late fee+$150 cos sent man over.
At least for peoples whom owe loanshark can don’t pay, but when comes to LML discuss with them they oso bo chup n likes to peng wei n play roti prata game.

Late for 2 days only and they send DC to your place and charge you extra $150? What's the company name? Usually if debtor MIA or late for more than 2 payment then DC will go up.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Spot on! The only way to whack them is deprive them of money. Deprive them of runners. They seems to operate virtually, no runners, no hand or leg how to operate.

They use technology, it's their mistake...electronic paper trail.

Operate from oversea lah.

Vimo Novo

Reaction score
I think you don’t need to be so mean. She is also facing such problem for the first time. And of cos will be worried. If you are not here to help or give a advice, maybe can keep these snazzy and nasty comments to yourself.

Ah long so rich.
Lend $1100 and get back $2200.
Are you 36 years old ?
You eat until so big got see any news in Strait Times that Ah Long burn someone to death or Ah Long use parang cut someone become 18 pieces ? :s13:
Are you Singaporean and live in Singapore ?
If yes then no worry.
Must trust the SPF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.