Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makminah

Reaction score
Hello bros and sis. It's been awhile. I hope all is well for eveyone. I am glad that many have step forward to help out those in need here. Please do keep on sharing your stories so others wont fall into the vicious trap. It's almost 3 months now, I hope I am off their radar soon.

Keep on fighting and stay strong okay? Things may be hard now but eventually everything is going to be okay. Have a little faith and may god protect us all.

Jiayou! 💪💪

Ma1983

Reaction score
Do you realised after you chose to brave it and it’s all so much better? No need to be scared with those screaming over the phone. Physically they can’t do anything to you also. Just ignore all the harassment and explain to NOK involved

I agree!!! I heck care already. First few days, i was so scared. Lock myself and kids in the room. Everytym sum1 knock on our door, i gt panic. I even run away from home with my kids. After much thinking and reading from this forum. I heck care. Y shld i be scared of em . I installed cctv already. Blocked all numbers and even get telco to change my house number. Eventhou my husband just manage to pay the defer money. I told him to stop paying the more you pay the more hungry they get.

green72

Reaction score
I agree!!! I heck care already. First few days, i was so scared. Lock myself and kids in the room. Everytym sum1 knock on our door, i gt panic. I even run away from home with my kids. After much thinking and reading from this forum. I heck care. Y shld i be scared of em . I installed cctv already. Blocked all numbers and even get telco to change my house number. Eventhou my husband just manage to pay the defer money. I told him to stop paying the more you pay the more hungry they get.

I believe I felt and behave the same as you. Was very jumpy and stress out at every call or phone notification or when knock on door.

And yes, feeling of wanting to disappear into thin did occur.

Not paying, band together to endure the initial harassment is the right step forward and stop ALL contact is the only move.

My advice is for you to install a CCTV before their first visit, catch them in the act. Sis, you already made a police report? If not, please do so. Call 999 everytime your family is harassed. SPF will respond very quickly.

Last edited:

CloudClau

Reaction score
After Investigation

Hi all

Just wanna ask if anyone being called up for investigation for allowing Ls to use your account for transfer , previous i was called up , then ytd my io called me ask me to report early , he need to talk to me then can extent my bail .

Anyone experience this before ?

nf2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Just wanna ask if anyone being called up for investigation for allowing Ls to use your account for transfer , previous i was called up , then ytd my io called me ask me to report early , he need to talk to me then can extent my bail .

Allowing account to transfer means you pased atm card and pin to UML.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/man-jailed-and-fined-for-handing-over-atm-cards-to-help-loanshark-in-his

Vimo Novo

Reaction score
Did you pass atm card to anyone? If it’s borrower and they transfer money to your account when you borrowed then no issue. But if you give them atm card, then good luck.

Hi all

Vimo Novo

Reaction score
Then you have nothing to worry. They just wanted to make sure. I went down before and they also need to investigate. Detained for 16 hours and get ready a bailor. And monthly report to station until they discharge the investigation.

No did not pass any card to them

CloudClau

Reaction score
Then you have nothing to worry. They just wanted to make sure. I went down before and they also need to investigate. Detained for 16 hours and get ready a bailor. And monthly report to station until they discharge the investigation.

how long did they discharged the investigation ? but the io said , he need to talk to me then extend bail again , does this mean they going to take the case to court ?

Vimo Novo

Reaction score
As long as you are not their runner, I don’t think they will charge you with anything. If your transactions involved a lot of money coming in then one of the borrower might report your bank account

how long did they discharged the investigation ? but the io said , he need to talk to me then extend bail again , does this mean they going to take the case to court ?

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Under the Moneylenders’ Act (revised edition 2010), when a bank account or ATM card of a person is used to facilitate moneylending by an unlicensed moneylender, that person is presumed to have assisted in carrying on the business of unlicensed moneylending.

First-time offenders found guilty of assisting in the business of unlicensed moneylending may be fined between S$30,000 and S$300,000, jailed up to four years and shall also be liable to be punished with caning of up to six strokes.

First-time offenders found guilty of acting on behalf of an unlicensed moneylender, committing or attempting to commit any acts of harassment shall be jailed up to five years, fined between S$5,000 and S$50,000, and shall also be liable to caning of between three and six strokes.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapo...-be-involved-loansharking-activities-arrested

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As long as you are not their runner, I don’t think they will charge you with anything. If your transactions involved a lot of money coming in then one of the borrower might report your bank account

Please refer to post #7994.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The remaining 109 suspects are believed to have opened bank accounts and given away their ATM cards and Personal Identification Numbers (PINs) to loansharks to facilitate their unlicensed moneylending businesses.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapo...-be-involved-loansharking-activities-arrested

I think you fall inside the category assisting in the business of unlicensed moneylending.

Please refer to post #7994.

CloudClau

Reaction score
even never pass atm card n pin to them ...... never get a single cent from them , still have to pay then , when their money got frozen in my account they came n splash n lock my gate ... end up still get this from spf .... just not my day ....:(:(:(

Messup

Reaction score
even never pass atm card n pin to them ...... never get a single cent from them , still have to pay then , when their money got frozen in my account they came n splash n lock my gate ... end up still get this from spf .... just not my day ....:(:(:(

When are you supposed to report to IO?

And when you say “their money got frozen in your account” means? They had did a lot of transfers into your account? Or you used your account to transfer a lot to other account/s?

CloudClau

Reaction score
When are you supposed to report to IO?

And when you say “their money got frozen in your account” means? They had did a lot of transfers into your account? Or you used your account to transfer a lot to other account/s?

Suppose to report on 28 March , they transfer money to my account amt to $4k before i can report to SPF the bank froze the account , then they come after me for the money .

I only took a $1k loan , so i was puzzle why there is $4k in my account then they called me as k me to help transfer the money out , before i could that the account got frozen

Messup

Reaction score
Suppose to report on 28 March , they transfer money to my account amt to $4k before i can report to SPF the bank froze the account , then they come after me for the money .

I only took a $1k loan , so i was puzzle why there is $4k in my account then they called me as k me to help transfer the money out , before i could that the account got frozen

That explains why SPF suspects you.

Did you report this $4k (multiple transactions?) to SPF when you do the report?

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

CloudClau

Reaction score
That explains why SPF suspects you.

Did you report this $4k (multiple transactions?) to SPF when you do the report?

yes reported , i even told spf is not my money , spf still tell me then the state bank will take away the $4k i said go ahead .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.