Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makminah

Reaction score
thank you Fear Less i will PM Makminah.

If you need someone to rant out. Anytime dear. From a sister to another sister, we are alot stronger than we think. Things will get better. Be firm and positive. Dont let their threaths get to you. Dont be nervous each time they call or text. Cause I know how jumpy we are each time that happen.

Stay safe and strong okay! ❤

Makminah

Reaction score
THIS MAN CLAIM TO BE FROM CASH MART WHICH IS A LISCENSED MONEYLENDER. I LET MY GUARD DOWN AND PROVIDE MY PERSONAL DETAILS AS WELL AS PROOF OF EMPLOYMENT TO HIM. HE REQUESTED ME TO TAKE UP A SHORT TRIAL LOAN AS I AM A NEW CUSTOMER. 350 WAS CREDITED TO ME AND THAT WAS TO BE REPAID IN A WEEKS TIME AND AMOUNT WAS 750. AFTER THE PAYMENT MIKE TOLD ME THAT NEW REGULATION, HAVE TO TAKE ONE MORE TIME TRIAL LOAN OF THE SAME AMOUNT WHICH I STUPIDLY DO SO. ATLAS NO LOAN AMOUNT WAS APPROVED BUT THEY PROCEED TO CREDIT $700 TO ME WITHOUT ME ASKING FOR IT OR AGREED THIS TIME. I SENSE SOMETHING NIT WTONG AND MAKE A POLICE REPORT. MIKE STARTS THREATENING ME WITH SPAM CALLS AND MESSAGES PLUS CALLED BOTH MY OFFICE AND MY HUSBAND TOO. I LEARNT A LESSON FROM THIS SCAM. THEY ARE STILL DEMANDING 1K FROM ME WHICH I REFUSED TO AND THEY SAID THEY WILL KEEP SPAM CALLING MY OFFICE AND COME TO MY HOUSE. I have installed cctv at home now.

My question here is how Long will this go on? I have informed my firm about the situation and they understand that I am a victim but I fear for the safely of my love ones. Any one can share?

Why the capslock? Everyone here can read just fine without the capslock. Understand that you're angry and frustrated. Personally I dont know how long this will go on. But you just gotta prepare for it. I think so long you show no fear to this idiots they will eventually stop.

Kennaacam

Reaction score
Why the capslock? Everyone here can read just fine without the capslock. Understand that you're angry and frustrated. Personally I dont know how long this will go on. But you just gotta prepare for it. I think so long you show no fear to this idiots they will eventually stop.

Sorry for the caps lock, I copy and paste after posting in scam alert Sg site. I dun mean to sound rude or aggressive.

They threaten me today that they will continue to spam call /email office. Anyone here receive harassment to office via email so far? I am so worried that I will lose my job because of this now. Living in fear is horrible....
Anyone lost their job because of falling into such loan scam here?

Makminah

Reaction score
Sorry for the caps lock, I copy and paste after posting in scam alert Sg site. I dun mean to sound rude or aggressive.

They threaten me today that they will continue to spam call /email office. Anyone here receive harassment to office via email so far? I am so worried that I will lose my job because of this now. Living in fear is horrible....
Anyone lost their job because of falling into such loan scam here?

Yes. They called up my workplace too. And we reported to the police. Be honest and come clean with your workplace. Sometimes they are willing to help you out.

Inform them that you're scammed and sound VERY remorseful. Hopefully things will get better for you.

Kennaacam

Reaction score
Yes. They called up my workplace too. And we reported to the police. Be honest and come clean with your workplace. Sometimes they are willing to help you out.

Inform them that you're scammed and sound VERY remorseful. Hopefully things will get better for you.

I told my manager and HR what happened already, but if this persists for a long time it will surely be a nuisance to all. I already feel so terrible about what’s happening.

This man Mike claim to be from Ang Soon Tong and my Uncle is actually helping me to find out this syndicate as he knows ppl from the triad as well. He is now actually meeting his friends to get more information....not sure if that will help in any way. Traid talking to traid might be more effective than us? I am not sure but I am really desperate for any kind of help I can get to get my peaceful life back. :-(((

Fear Less

Reaction score
If you didnt complicate this incident with other uml loan , your case is simply a scam , one off I mean.
Your uncle wont come out with anything about triad. This mf is a con.
As to how long this persist , it varies from one mf to another depending on your backside itchy or not. Some still want to talk terms with them after police report.
In my case I made no report. The harrassments were heavy during the 1st month like having my (he)period then gradually reducing sanitary pad to tissue paper. About 3 months I guess.

Most here are not around to answer you as they have their scam problem solved one way or another.

Please read more of the pages and you will gain experience to deal with this problem.

I told my manager and HR what happened already, but if this persists for a long time it will surely be a nuisance to all. I already feel so terrible about what’s happening.

This man Mike claim to be from Ang Soon Tong and my Uncle is actually helping me to find out this syndicate as he knows ppl from the triad as well. He is now actually meeting his friends to get more information....not sure if that will help in any way. Traid talking to traid might be more effective than us? I am not sure but I am really desperate for any kind of help I can get to get my peaceful life back. :-(((

green72

Reaction score

Hope that you continue to inform/email your I/O on this info. Not sure u shld involve your uncle.

I personally believe gangsters nowadays aren't what they were back in 50s~70s.They just claim to be affiliated to this and that group unlike other countries.

Let your I/O and SPF handle. Don't create more mess. The only number for you to call is 999. You won't feel indebted when you seek help from SPF as compared to so-call triad.

Seriously Singapore got triad meh? or just a bunch of hooligans who engage in gang fights to protect their "turf".

The only ones that extort money is these bloodsuckers UML that is just a shadow.

For myself I reacted quickly, SPF report,almost instant emails to I/O during harassments, install CCTV, call 999 when I was bombarded with harassment/threats/house visit/office calls,block and cease ALL form of communications with UML,inform bank of money transfer and wait it out. And since 2 days of initial harassment barrage, it's more than a month of peace. I did not payback a single cent and likely the account that it was transferred from have been frozen.

Remember this, when they instruct you to transfer the repayment, it could be to another victim. If they report your transfer, your account will be frozen.

I don't want their money but bank seems to refuse to return as I believe account frozen. The next best thing for me was to close that account and open a new one. Still never touch the money.

No point trying to deal with them. Ask urself, when u think they will let u go?

Last edited:

Kennaacam

Reaction score
If you didnt complicate this incident with other uml loan , your case is simply a scam , one off I mean.
Your uncle wont come out with anything about triad. This mf is a con.
As to how long this persist , it varies from one mf to another depending on your backside itchy or not. Some still want to talk terms with them after police report.
In my case I made no report. The harrassments were heavy during the 1st month like having my (he)period then gradually reducing sanitary pad to tissue paper. About 3 months I guess.

Most here are not around to answer you as they have their scam problem solved one way or another.

Please read more of the pages and you will gain experience to deal with this problem.

Yes, Fearless. Mine is a one off, Thanks for the advice and guidance, I will back track all the past posts to read as well. Sigh, it’s really a mistake of mine, definitely lesson learnt.

Kennaacam

Reaction score
Hope that you continue to inform/email your I/O on this info. Not sure u shld involve your uncle.

I personally believe gangsters nowadays aren't what they were back in 50s~70s.They just claim to be affiliated to this and that group unlike other countries.

Let your I/O and SPF handle. Don't create more mess. The only number for you to call is 999. You won't feel indebted when you seek help from SPF as compared to so-call triad.

Seriously Singapore got triad meh? or just a bunch of hooligans who engage in gang fights to protect their "turf".

The only ones that extort money is these bloodsuckers UML that is just a shadow.

For myself I reacted quickly, SPF report,almost instant emails to I/O during harassments, install CCTV, call 999 when I was bombarded with harassment/threats/house visit/office calls,block and cease ALL form of communications with UML,inform bank of money transfer and wait it out. And since 2 days of initial harassment barrage, it's almost a month of peace. I did not payback a single cent and likely the account that it was transferred from have been frozen.

Remember this, when they instruct you to transfer the repayment, it could be to another victim. If they report your transfer, your account will be frozen.

I don't want their money but bank seems to refuse to return as I believe account frozen. The next best thing for me was to close that account and open a new one. Still never touch the money.

No point trying to deal with them. Ask urself, when u think they will let u go?

Thanks for advising. I already make police report and will continue to update my officer in charge of what is happening. Cctv also installed.
I will make sure to call 999 if there are any more sort of harassment of any kind.
And I will also crease all form of further communication from UML.
Praying that it will be over soon. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Don't worry let them call.take the 700 do charity don't rtn these fkers..he claim ang soon tong also no use..tell him u 999..I still receives love letter s from those ah long..all letter received I will bring it to my Io..police from npp has been dropping by my HSE 1-2 weekly to check for harrasmment..day or nite...saw them on my CCTV...now I like got protection from police..feeling good

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Don't worry let them call.take the 700 do charity don't rtn these fkers..he claim ang soon tong also no use..tell him u 999..I still receives love letter s from those ah long..all letter received I will bring it to my Io..police from npp has been dropping by my HSE 1-2 weekly to check for harrasmment..day or nite...saw them on my CCTV...now I like got protection from police..feeling good

Kennaacam

Reaction score

You are right. They feed on our fear. Honestly we did nothing wrong or
Harm ppl, dun iet it ruin our life. Anyway I just realised those videos they sent are old videos circulating around. Like those set fire ones. Went google about loanshark scam and harassment and Facebook and saw the exact same video.

Kennaacam

Reaction score

One more thing which I am not sure if any of you also kenna. That scammer asked me to video call me with me holding my Ic beside my face when they were verifying identity which I thought it’s a normal
Process but now I also abit worried if they will do anything with that.

To add on, I also closed my account no yesterday.

Fear Less

Reaction score
Just when i mentioned batman #
Superman, Superman turn up.
Nice to hear you again. Great stories from you.
In fact i started observing for 3 months before signing into this group. By then the mf zero on other profitable target.

Fear Less

Reaction score
If you read more you will find we are in their data base to feed info to their compatriots.
There will be more wanting to loan to you.
Just ignore them.

Read those 500 pages and you can be a teacher here. No reward or incentive for helping others.

One more thing which I am not sure if any of you also kenna. That scammer asked me to video call me with me holding my Ic beside my face when they were verifying identity which I thought it’s a normal

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Do you called them as scammer when you need the money and took their money ?
Do you think legal money lender will do that ?
You got Google right ?
China loan shark asking those girls posed naked with IC. ;)

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Do you called them as scammer when you need the money and took their money ?
Do you think legal money lender will do that ?
You got Google right ?
China loan shark asking those girls posed naked with IC. ;)

Most probably they will send out love letter with your pic

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Just when i mentioned batman #
Superman, Superman turn up.
Nice to hear you again. Great stories from you.
In fact i started observing for 3 months before signing into this group. By then the mf zero on other profitable target.
I busy driving ma..still realise so many innocent victims.
That why I'm here.i realised the police quite on the dot..everytime I make a police report I will see them drop by my unit during the week...if those mf runner come they sure die..hahaa Changi will be waiting for them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.