Mastercard tap in TransitLink

princessreiko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how possible you can register Google pay to ABT?
or you mean next month go live without pre-registering of master card?

Linking GooglePay to ABT registration is over already.

Only those who registered are able to use it.

I also registered my Visa and Mastercard with ABT.
So I tap my Visa or Mastercard at the gantry of the MRT station or bus instead of using the EZLink card.

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
According to FAQ, posting is different for master and visa.

For Mastercard and NETS contactless bank cards, fare charges will be accumulated for up to 5 days or after a total of $15 is spent on transit fares, whichever is earlier.

For Visa, fare charges will be accumulated daily. You will be able to see the aggregated charges on the card statement after 4 days.

https://simplygo.transitlink.com.sg/FAQs

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score
How you do that? Google pay masks the credit card number so when you tap it will detect as a different credit card from what you registered

as of today, only those who are registered (closed) to trial Contactless Apps are able to.

from 4 april, mastercards saved on contactless apps are able to tap onto public bus/trains

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
as of today, only those who are registered (closed) to trial Contactless Apps are able to.

from 4 april, mastercards saved on contactless apps are able to tap onto public bus/trains

I was asking absolut777 since he claims to have just registered both MasterCard and Visa and will use Google pay

princessreiko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Meaning if I have a mastercard saved on Google Pay, from 4 April, I can use Google Pay on public bus and trains?

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score

warehaws

Reaction score
1 less card to carry is true,
but now you need to take it out because your other paypass cards can be read as well 😄.

one thing I learned from ABT as pilot since 2017 March, I need to carry a backup ezlink. Sometimes ABT just doesn’t work.

anyway, lets hope for the best on official launch next month.

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.lta.gov.sg/apps/news/page.aspx?c=2&id=882fef88-4e7f-4b71-9eee-a545b063a489

based on all their press releases, yes. Only Samsung Pay, Google Pay and Apple Pay for contactless apps.

hence this will lessen 1 card to carry but also gotta make sure that phone is always charged, else cannot tap.

This article says come Apr no need to register and for Mastercard only. Visa later this year.

Also must take out card to avoid charging to multiple cards. Faint.

No mention of Samsung Pay, Google Pay and Apple Pay for contactless apps lei. But did say ezlink and NFP in the works.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This article says come Apr no need to register and for Mastercard only. Visa later this year.

Also must take out card to avoid charging to multiple cards. Faint.

No mention of Samsung Pay, Google Pay and Apple Pay for contactless apps lei. But did say ezlink and NFP in the works.

Refer to footnote 1:

Commuters will be able to tap in and out using NFC-enabled devices with Apple Pay/ Fitbit Pay/ Google Pay/ Samsung Pay. LTA will provide a list of operating systems and mobile devices which have been tested to be compatible with SimplyGo on the TransitLink SimplyGo Portal closer to the launch date.

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Refer to footnote 1:

Commuters will be able to tap in and out using NFC-enabled devices with Apple Pay/ Fitbit Pay/ Google Pay/ Samsung Pay. LTA will provide a list of operating systems and mobile devices which have been tested to be compatible with SimplyGo on the TransitLink SimplyGo Portal closer to the launch date.

Aiyoh. Footnotes...Thanks.

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
What kind of info?

LTA will provide a list of operating systems and mobile devices which have been tested to be compatible with SimplyGo on the TransitLink SimplyGo Portal closer to the launch date.

No list. No explanation if we use NFC how can we track the usage.

Based on my experience with ABT, they're really not ready for prime time. I hope I'm wrong.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No list. No explanation if we use NFC how can we track the usage.

Based on my experience with ABT, they're really not ready for prime time. I hope I'm wrong.

Probably will release more info closer to launch date.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.