Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kennaacam

Reaction score
I believe once we report to SPF and prepare to catch their runners in the act with CCTV, they will find a new target.
They wouldn't want to risk their runners getting caught as these people are also their victims who provide bank account and money for them.
As more people gets informed and educated about the pitfalls of UMLs and jobs as runners, they have to find other ways like the lalamove tactics to scam new victims.

Or stick to the old school way of threats via voice call or social media.

I dare say all these threats are empty.

Yes I really hope it’s the end of all this drama.
I admit I am been naive but I really have never borrow money before and I thought all those verification of identity is logical since they need to know if you are employed in order to repay them back after a loan and the next of kin information seems logical as well. I mean anyone mia they sure need to get their money back right??

The fishy part is really about the trial loan thingy which I only suspected it been a scam. I told myself never ever get a loan, I rather pay high interest and get a proper loan from a bank.

Hopefully we will have less victims who fall into this trap.

Zrivebao

Reaction score
Can someone help me.. im a 19 year old student working part time.. i received a text a month ago about money lending and i saw $2000 and pay $290 for 9 months.. wanted to borrow to pay sch fee but end up they say need to deposit so i never borrow. 1 month later they text me saying i need to pay $500 for cancellation fee even though i never borrow any money.. if not they burn my house and harm my family.. what should i do??

Messup

Reaction score
Can someone help me.. im a 19 year old student working part time.. i received a text a month ago about money lending and i saw $2000 and pay $290 for 9 months.. wanted to borrow to pay sch fee but end up they say need to deposit so i never borrow. 1 month later they text me saying i need to pay $500 for cancellation fee even though i never borrow any money.. if not they burn my house and harm my family.. what should i do??

Other then your contact number, what other details have you given them?

Kennaacam

Reaction score

Just blocked the number and do not reply anymore. No such thing as cancellation fee. They won’t do anything to you. You never loan anything in the first place.

Zrivebao

Reaction score
Other then your contact number, what other details have you given them?
they have me virtual picture of my ic.. and they threaten me to post my face on facebook and have my father name.. i dont want my family's life to be disrupted.. we r honest ppl and i work to pay for my education.. didnt know they were loansharks.. should i really just ignore?

LilladyJ

Reaction score
these guys called my office number this afternoon. pretended to be professional then started shouting when i acknowledged that i am the person. i just put down the phone. it is very difficult to endure but i am trying my best. i am praying for this to end soon.

Messup

Reaction score
they have me virtual picture of my ic.. and they threaten me to post my face on facebook and have my father name.. i dont want my family's life to be disrupted.. we r honest ppl and i work to pay for my education.. didnt know they were loansharks.. should i really just ignore?

Maybe inform your dad about it? Just in case they do something as they have your address.

Lodge a police report.

Basically, stop all communications with them and block them, you go ghost on them.

Deactivate your Facebook, IG and social media for now.

Did u give them any account number?

green72

Reaction score
Also set your facebook to private or close account, install Call Blocker app by Vlad Lee - set to contact list only.

There is never a case someone house gets burn down though a door was set on fire but culprit was caught within days.

Just read our previous posts. You can make online police report.

Their threats are EMPTY. Worry less becoz they never transfer u money.

Zrivebao

Reaction score
Maybe inform your dad about it? Just in case they do something as they have your address.

Lodge a police report.

Basically, stop all communications with them and block them, you go ghost on them.

Deactivate your Facebook, IG and social media for now.

Did u give them any account number?

No i didnt give them any account number.. i cant inform my parents they r already struggling financially so i have to support myself.. if i borrowed the money i dont mind returning but now dont know if i transfer the 500 will be end of story anot.. dont dare to make police report also

Messup

Reaction score
No i didnt give them any account number.. i cant inform my parents they r already struggling financially so i have to support myself.. if i borrowed the money i dont mind returning but now dont know if i transfer the 500 will be end of story anot.. dont dare to make police report also

Best is to block them altogether.

Never never transfer a single cent to them, it will never end.

Don’t show fear as they feed on that.

green72

Reaction score
They have ur ic so they know where u stay.
Why worry about making a police report? U can do it online. Please tell the truth. An I/O will contact u to ask a bit more.
No choice, must man up. Just tell your parents you got scammed and you've made a police report.
This scammers will give up if they cannot contact you. They have an upper hand at the moment becoz u are scared of them.
They feed on your fear.

Kennaacam

Reaction score

Please listen to the people advise here.

Your case is just a start and plus no money involve yet so just go ghost on them. Make a police report online so that the SPF have a record.

green72

Reaction score
these guys called my office number this afternoon. pretended to be professional then started shouting when i acknowledged that i am the person. i just put down the phone. it is very difficult to endure but i am trying my best. i am praying for this to end soon.
Hold on sis, they will give up. You could answer them with a colleague name. Saying you are away and ask for their number to call back.

Kennaacam

Reaction score
They have ur ic so they know where u stay.
Why worry about making a police report? U can do it online. Please tell the truth. An I/O will contact u to ask a bit more.
No choice, must man up. Just tell your parents you got scammed and you've made a police report.
This scammers will give up if they cannot contact you. They have an upper hand at the moment becoz u are scared of them.
They feed on your fear.

Yes their best tactic is threaten to tell people around you about this. You did nothing wrong so dun be afraid. Just own up to your family, I am sure they will understand.

Messup

Reaction score

There is nothing to fear or feel guilty (if you are).

Cos ultimately, you just enquired and backed out. Which is a very wise and lucky move.

Never never communicate with these people again.

LilladyJ

Reaction score
Hold on sis, they will give up. You could answer them with a colleague name. Saying you are away and ask for their number to call back.

Thank You green72. My flat owner/friend is considering the Cctv idea. She quite scared coz usually the nanny and 2 kids are at home. I am all for it for added security as well. I also felt a little better since I told my boss about the call. He told me not to answer my desk phone line for the meantime. He is really showing some support. I am still waiting for my IO to call. I have been leaving messages but he hasn't gotten back to me yet and I don't have his handphone number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.