Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boo_lady

Reaction score
Hi sis. Make a report ASAP even though no transaction was made. Block all their numbers and dont make any contacts. Even if they didn't transfer you any amount, they might ask money from you. Happened to me and I paid them close to $6k. So dont be stupid like me and ignore them. Move along and stay strong.

Hi there, ok thanks for your advise.

The guy didn't replied to me yet so far. He read it as it in blue ticks. I guess he didn't wanna take action yet as I told him my account was hacked and under police case (just an excuse. My account already closed.)

Boo_lady

Reaction score
Just wanna say, no matter what troubles we have, never go through this way. Not every money lenders are nice or lenient. I admit that I was blinded by current issues I have made a stupid mistake. Thank god that I found this thread and followed whatever advises given to me. Luckily I closed my bank account that they can't do any transfer. I don't know what they will do next even though no transaction done. I only can 听天由命. Only can pray nothing will happen.

It taught me a lesson that no matter what, pay what i owe with my own hands. Not going through any ways to cover it at one go. At least banks won't come threatening me.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I didn't advise them local numbers for my next kins. I gave him overseas US numbers. I have a friend who does 'pian' (not money lender) and he did told me there are some sites that 'sell' overseas numbers. He helped me find 2 numbers. Those are temporary numbers. The guy didn't questioned anything when I said both my folks work in overseas (just an excuse) hence their contacts are overseas type. He believed it. So don't worry that I involved any innocent parties.

It doesn't matter oversea or local number under Moneylenders Act (Revised Edition 2010) as long as providing false contact information to obtain loans from loansharks.

sgbachelor

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm having the same issue as the other former, Zrivebao. Enquire abt a loan, gave my ic pics, workplace and nok details. I never give bank account or singpass. In the end, I decided to back out and not take any loan. They never disturb only until today msg me for cancellation fee of $500, if not they disturb workplace, neighbor and gave that infamous video of burning someone house. I've already make a police report, inform my work place and family. Anyone has any experience where they really come to the house or disturb neighbor house? Or is it they just disturb through phone?

Last edited:

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm having the same issue as the other forumer. Enquire abt a loan, gave my ic pics, workplace and nok. I never give bank account or singpass. In the end, I decided to back out and not take any loan. They never disturb only until today msg me for cancellation fee of $500, if not they disturb workplace, neighbor and gave that infamous video of burning someone house. I've already make a police report, inform my work place and family. Anyone has any experience where they really come to the house or disturb neighbor house? Or is it they just disturb through phone?

You are an adult right ?
Still need spoon feed ?
Don't be lazy.
Read up at least 10 pages if you don't want to read all few hundred pages.
Whatever police ask you do, just do it.
You are in good hand, must trust 100% in Police.
No need lost sleep about it.

sgbachelor

Reaction score
You are an adult right ?
Still need spoon feed ?
Don't be lazy.
Read up at least 10 pages if you don't want to read all few hundred pages.
Whatever police ask you do, just do it.
You are in good hand, must trust 100% in Police.
No need lost sleep about it.

Hi, I did read the last 20 pages so that's why I realised I have same issue like the other forummer. Just want to know if these people ever disturb your house or neighbor house to those who were in the same plight as me or who has gone through the same thing. Not worried abt workplace and family cos they knew abt this already.
But thanks for your advice, I should trust the police and not lose sleep abt this.
Thank you. 🙏

Trustdade

Reaction score
They call n disturb my NOK then my sis cannot tahan she go trf 300 to the guy. Todsy the guy use another number call me i ans n talk tot hem i say paid already what Else he wan he ytd alresdy pay he say need trf another 300 for intrest. Wtf i told him i not going to trf when shld i spend so much he ask me to wait. So i woll jus wait for him.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They call n disturb my NOK then my sis cannot tahan she go trf 300 to the guy. Todsy the guy use another number call me i ans n talk tot hem i say paid already what Else he wan he ytd alresdy pay he say need trf another 300 for intrest. Wtf i told him i not going to trf when shld i spend so much he ask me to wait. So i woll jus wait for him.

Please lah....
Why transfer $300 ? After you transfer the interest $300, will ask you transfer again.
It will never end.
Have you make a police report ? Why still got contact with them ? Why no change phone number ? :s11:

Trustdade

Reaction score
I use my work phone n all my customer num kniw rhis num
My sis fear for both my kids safety that why she go and trf. Haiz.
Please lah....
Why transfer $300 ? After you transfer the interest $300, will ask you transfer again.
It will never end.
Have you make a police report ? Why still got contact with them ? Why no change phone number ? :s11:

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I use my work phone n all my customer num kniw rhis num
My sis fear for both my kids safety that why she go and trf. Haiz.

Sit down and talk to your sister.
Ask her the questions below.
She eat until so big got see any news in Strait Times that Ah Long chop someone into 18 pieces ?
She got see any news in Strait Times that Ah Long burn a whole family become roast pork ? :s11:
I mean in Singapore not in foreign country.
Must trust the SPF.
They are doing very good job.

Trustdade

Reaction score
Haiz i am at loss of words. So stupid go and do all this kinf of things. Regretted my life

Sit down and talk to your sister.
Ask her the questions below.
She eat until so big got see any news in Strait Times that Ah Long chop someone into 18 pieces ?
She got see any news in Strait Times that Ah Long burn a whole family become roast pork ? :s11:
I mean in Singapore not in foreign country.
Must trust the SPF.
They are doing very good job.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haiz i am at loss of words. So stupid go and do all this kinf of things. Regretted my life

No need cry over spilled milk.
Just ask your sister don't waste any more money.
Better use the money buy good food for the kids.
Faster go and make police report if you haven't do it.
Work closely with Police Officer.

Boo_lady

Reaction score
Ok, finally I made it ended (my side).

Before my finale cock story, I was trying to test the guy. It seemed that his understanding or his standard of English, was quite jialat. So I conversed with him in Chinese over WhatsApp. His first msg of the day was he wanted to call me and talk over the phone. I told him I was inconvenient and it was better to type over WhatsApp as a black and white. But no matter what I said, he would only said ok sure or ok nvm, I will tell u over here later. After few hours, he would sis, are u there. He just didn't wanna stated it out. Nvm, he still can turned the table around and said if I don't trust him, then don't look for them for a loan as if he was a scam. 😂 Ownself slap ownself.

I already planned my story to match with my account hacked excuse. So the last msg after he looking for me, I told him that I have to go over the police station tomorrow as my account was suspected to be used by unauthorised transactions by unknown. The authority might need to check my phone logs and so on. They might even detent my hp. So it better that I don't take the loan in case it created more troubles. Meantime would advise u not to contact me. He replied ok. So after his last msg, I blocked him. Blocked his call as well. Will change my contact asap too.

Well, it might be not a good lie but I would rather come out with cock story than sitting down there, brooding over it. I couldn't care less seriously. Even it an offense to use other's contacts (US numbers) but this is not the prior issue at the moment. At this moment, I just wanna get it done and over. No matter what, it my own issue. I will not involve my family. Over my ****ing dead body. I don't know what they will do in the future, but I standing firm. I'm not a pushover either. 我也不是省油的灯.

Last edited:

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Before my finale cock story, I was trying to test the guy. It seemed that his understanding or his standard of English, was quite jialat. So I conversed with him in Chinese over WhatsApp. His first msg of the day was he wanted to call me and talk over the phone. I told him I was inconvenient and it was better to type over WhatsApp as a black and white. But no matter what I said, he would only said ok sure or ok nvm, I will tell u over here later. After few hours, he would sis, are u there. He just didn't wanna stated it out. Nvm, he still can turned the table around and said if I don't trust him, then don't look for them for a loan as if he was a scam. 😂 Ownself slap ownself.

I already planned my story to match with my account hacked excuse. So the last msg after he looking for me, I told him that I have to go over the police station tomorrow as my account was suspected to be used by unauthorised transactions by unknown. The authority might need to check my phone logs and so on. They might even detent my hp. So it better that I don't take the loan in case it created more troubles. Meantime would advise u not to contact me. He replied ok. So after his last msg, I blocked him. Blocked his call as well. Will change my contact asap too.

Well, it might be not a good lie but I would rather come out with cock story than sitting down there, brooding over it. I couldn't care less seriously. Even it an offense to use other's contacts (US numbers) but this is not the prior issue at the moment. At this moment, I just wanna get it done and over. No matter what, it my own issue. I will not involve my family. Over my ****ing dead body. I don't know what they will do in the future, but I standing firm. I'm not a pushover either. 我也不是省油的灯.

Under the Moneylenders Act (Revised Edition 2010), any person who is guilty of providing false contact information to obtain loans from loansharks shall be liable to a jail term of not more than 12 months. Under the National Registration Act, any person who is found guilty of failing to report a change in address shall be liable to a fine not exceeding $5000 or a jail term not exceeding five years, or to both.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/debtor-arrested-for-providing-false-address-to-loansharks

chulu2810

Reaction score
I used this too, saying being call by io to investigate. Bank acct freeze n will keep him (the LS) update which i wont.
So far so good coast quiet.

chulu2810

Reaction score
Just go report police. Install cctv. Report any disturbance to spf. Phone call or text can block n ignore.

Please lah....
It will never end.

chulu2810

Reaction score
For yr case since yr work & family know abt it can ignore them (LS).
Stop yr payment n use on family better.
Install cctv n u can sleep like a log.

Once any physical harassment, spf will be more on.
My case - i receive flower basket from LS, report spf n they install police cctv at my corridor.

Don worry too much.
Just keep low profile in yr social media n be alert.

Hi, I did read the last 20 pages so that's why I realised I have same issue like the other forummer. Just want to know if these people ever disturb your house or neighbor house to those who were in the same plight as me or who has gone through the same thing. Not worried abt workplace and family cos they knew abt this already.
But thanks for your advice, I should trust the police and not lose sleep abt this.
Thank you. 🙏

Fear Less

Reaction score
If you have money, keep paying .
When you stop paying then come back tell your story here. We want to hear how rich you are.

Bro JJlin said " they like cow that has milk "
Many bulls here , me too, no tits.

Boo_lady

Reaction score
I used this too, saying being call by io to investigate. Bank acct freeze n will keep him (the LS) update which i wont.
So far so good coast quiet.

That's good. I will be reporting the number to WhatsApp within these few days time. Not sure will they ban it permanently but hopefully. So they will loss every conversations that they have. Their only communication platform is WhatsApp.

sgbachelor

Reaction score
For yr case since yr work & family know abt it can ignore them (LS).
Stop yr payment n use on family better.
Install cctv n u can sleep like a log.

Once any physical harassment, spf will be more on.
My case - i receive flower basket from LS, report spf n they install police cctv at my corridor.

Don worry too much.
Just keep low profile in yr social media n be alert.

Thank you for the advise. I did not pay them anything at all cos never take any loan from them and they can't transfer also as no account information given.
I've delink my PayNow and paylah as well.
So far quiet as I've blocked their number.
No disturbance to workplace or NOK.
Hopefully it stays that way but thank you for the tips and advise 🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.