Mastercard tap in TransitLink

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
with all Visa and Mastercard accepted, which card to take out?

How to remember....

Does Transitlink create a solution or a problem?

take out the card you want to use and tap.

same like when you want to make contactless payment you also need to take out your credit card and tap, not tap your wallet.

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
What value does Transitlink try to create without registration?

People with multiple credit cards don't intend to use all cards for public transport.

imo, no value. cos the gantry cannot display how much was charged. not sure how many people like to keep tapping their credit card and not know how much is going to be charged, but i'm not one of them.

chinnian

Reaction score

same like when you want to make contactless payment you also need to take out your credit card and tap, not tap your wallet.

yea.. best illustration! do users tap their wallet on the terminal to pay for their meals? lol

dynlim

Reaction score
How? ApplePay and G-Pay opens API for Transitlink to query everytime?

If you delete and re-add the same card, virtual card number will be different, too.

what i guess is the user wil need to link their "virtual card" into ABT via apps (now called SimplyGo :s22:), jz like food panda apps can call out Apply Pay as payment, and detect the necessary info and register for payment, or tracking in ABT? maybe..

or just wait til 4/4/ then will know. :s13:

chinnian

Reaction score
imo, no value. cos the gantry cannot display how much was charged. not sure how many people like to keep tapping their credit card and not know how much is going to be charged, but i'm not one of them.

the LTA simply app does reflect the cost deducted almost instantaneously. If you set notifications to on, notification will pop up on your screen.

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
the LTA simply app does reflect the cost deducted almost instantaneously. If you set notifications to on, notification will pop up on your screen.

For context I was saying there is no value of this "feature" that you don't need to register cards. You still need to register if you want to view your charges

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
what i guess is the user wil need to link their "virtual card" into ABT via apps (now called SimplyGo :s22:), jz like food panda apps can call out Apply Pay as payment, and detect the necessary info and register for payment, or tracking in ABT? maybe..

See this is why I was saying that so close to launch date and no info. Some people here insisted all the info is provided. How to link your virtual card to ABT is a question mark. Some here say no need because the system will simply know. Some keep insisting no need to register (then how to see charges?)

fr33d0m

Master Member
Reaction score

I know you can't see the virtual card number from ApplePay. How to register without knowing it in the 1st place?

fr33d0m

Master Member
Reaction score

only if you register your card into the system.

otherwise, notify who?

chinnian

Reaction score
What value does Transitlink try to create without registration?

People with multiple credit cards don't intend to use all cards for public transport.

On that note, there might be some users who wish to use different credit cards for transport.
For eg, after a person has chalked up enough rebates on one card, and wish to use anyother care then on.

Same use case for other contactless transactions.
If have to register, mean they have to register multiple cards at the office.

fr33d0m

Master Member
Reaction score

When I make payment, I only tap once. I know which card to tap.

For public transport, you tap entry, then tap exit. The trip could take one hour. How to track which card tapped for entry assuming you have multiple cards and use all of them for public transport occasionally.

chinnian

Reaction score
When I make payment, I only tap once. I know which card to tap.

For public transport, you tap entry, then tap exit. The trip could take one hour. How to track which card tapped for entry assuming you have multiple cards and use all of them for public transport occasionally.

If you just keep wanting to poke hole at the system, yes it's crap and useless. Continue with all that poking.

fr33d0m

Master Member
Reaction score
On that note, there might be some users who wish to use different credit cards for transport.
For eg, after a person has chalked up enough rebates on one card, and wish to use anyother care then on.

Same use case for other contactless transactions.
If have to register, mean they have to register multiple cards at the office.

Hope your memory so good that you remember every time which card you tap for entry when exit.

It is different from other contactless transactions. For other transactions, you only tap once. You don't have to remember it to tap again.

chinnian

Reaction score
Hope your memory so good that you remember every time which card you tap for entry when exit.

It is different from other contactless transactions. For other transactions, you only tap once. You don't have to remember it to tap again.

You can adjust your behaviour a bit by placing the card you use in your pocket.
But aiyah, so troublesome right? or might drop out right? So frustrating!

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
The charges are not always instantly reflected on the app too. Especially for some bus trips, sometimes have to wait 1-2 days. Not sure how much they have improved before official launch. The last I encountered this was maybe last month. I reverted to using cepas card. But if this NFC thing works well I am interested to try.

chinnian

Reaction score

Yes I can remember, and I only bring 2 credit cards with me. The rest are at home, all added into Apple Pay. And my memory isn't that good.

fr33d0m

Master Member
Reaction score
You can adjust your behaviour a bit by placing the card you use in your pocket.
But aiyah, so troublesome right? or might drop out right? So frustrating!

Why don't I just use my ezlink card?

LTA spends so much money so that I can use my ezlink card.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.