Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

gastank

Reaction score
i have been reading this thread for awhile.

I borrowed for 8 LS and total to a 5 figure loan. have been paying them more than i shld.

before cny i manage to "settle" payment with all of them.

no one called or text or wad for 2 weeks during cny period

den suddenly one fine saturday.
8 of them texted and called me saying the amount i "settled" was for interests. seriously the LS are mutherF.

have been 1 mth since i block/ignore them.

to all new victims.

be prepared for harrassment (they came my hse and gave me money to use in hell) haha!

change mobile (which i did not due to work.
block them.
tell your NOK / bosses that u r scammed.(i am very truthful to my boss. saying i did borrow and i did return in full and even more. they call my office and tio kan by my supportive boss)

remember. ignore them and move on in life.
report to the police. now most of the lift lobby have police cctv. those runners can hide unless they climb up your place or jump down.

cheers to everyone!

its really good advise that you ppl are giving to victims like me.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
If you have money, keep paying .
When you stop paying then come back tell your story here. We want to hear how rich you are.

Bro JJlin said " they like cow that has milk "
Many bulls here , me too, no tits.
Ya loanshark will be always milking cash cow ...I was once their cash cow.coz I work in civil service..scare paiseh scare lose my job..now they send love letter I also don't care...threaten to send to few blocks around my neighbourhood..go ahead lo

Mike-2806

Reaction score
To all victims,

7 years ago..i had more than 30 to 40 uml & lml..had max out my credit card with more $120k.my debts is close to half a million.
I had lost all my friends, my fiancee left me and i even try to end my life. Im lucky that the bottle of bleach i drank dint kill me.

There are solutions to all problems.Be optimistic and positive. I had been through all.Im still struggling but at least im turning around.

I will try to share how i turn my life around shortly.

Lostmoment

Reaction score
To all victims,

7 years ago..i had more than 30 to 40 uml & lml..had max out my credit card with more $120k.my debts is close to half a million.
I had lost all my friends, my fiancee left me and i even try to end my life. Im lucky that the bottle of bleach i drank dint kill me.

There are solutions to all problems.Be optimistic and positive. I had been through all.Im still struggling but at least im turning around.

I will try to share how i turn my life around shortly.
I face problems with LML too, the amouth is just few hundred left from $2000 I take from them and can't pay sine I lost job and just start working this month.

How can I handle this, because after a answer phone call they just say must pay now, must pay today, can't wait any longer. What can l do? And how you settle? Pls advice.

My loan just few hundred left now but my heart look like got burn inside, can't imagine how you pass hard time.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I face problems with LML too, the amouth is just few hundred left from $2000 I take from them and can't pay sine I lost job and just start working this month.

How can I handle this, because after a answer phone call they just say must pay now, must pay today, can't wait any longer. What can l do? And how you settle? Pls advice.

My loan just few hundred left now but my heart look like got burn inside, can't imagine how you pass hard time.

Just few hundred dollars, go and borrow from relatives or friends lah.
Legal Money Lender is not loan shark or scammer.
You better sit down and talked to them face to face.
Police can't help you.

Lostmoment

Reaction score
Police can't help you.
Easy? Do you think if somebody can seek help from friends or relatives will borrow from lml or LS mah?

Lostmoment

Reaction score
Police can't help you.
The member all face same problems with scams or LS, and yes they need help from police.

But LML, yes police can't help and nobody seek help from police too right.

My question is how to handle if already talk but they deny to listen or accept slowly pay. Because they need full amount and if we can't do that shortly. I need advice from person who have face this problem before, is not just simple advice but not easy to do like that.

We face problems and feelings lost enough, we need someone talk too and here is the best place we have.

Anyway thank for your advice.

Lostmoment

Reaction score
Police can't help you.
Do you still have friends or relatives mah? Lucky you are. If yes pls appreciate. Because after I face problems with LS and scams I lost everything in my life.

I face everything alone and stay strong because I read this forum everyday and I know still have many member here face same problem and heavy than me.

I not good written, sometimes I feel very sad to read all story because I know how they feel. But what can I do is pray and hope them to believe all good addvice here like I did before better than give nonsense advise. Don't you think?

My loan come down from $7000
Now I said left few hundred and I think they can see because they are lml so that why they keep pushing me.

But also not all of them, some lml super nice and understanding, give me time and accept my lowest pay. Super appreciate.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you still have friends or relatives mah? Lucky you are. If yes pls appreciate. Because after I face problems with LS and scams I lost everything in my life.

I face everything alone and stay strong because I read this forum everyday and I know still have many member here face same problem and heavy than me.

I not good written, sometimes I feel very sad to read all story because I know how they feel. But what can I do is pray and hope them to believe all good addvice here like I did before better than give nonsense advise. Don't you think?

Now I said left few hundred and I think they can see because they are lml so that why they keep pushing me.

But also not all of them, some lml super nice and understanding, give me time and accept my lowest pay. Super appreciate.

Okay.
I never have any loan shark or legal money lender issue because I never borrow from them.
I just drop in from EDMW and try to help.:o

Fear Less

Reaction score
Thats why I called you superman ma .
You can tahan all their nonsense.

Up up and away.

That
Ya loanshark will be always milking cash cow ...I was once their cash cow.coz I work in civil service..scare paiseh scare lose my job..now they send love letter I also don't care...threaten to send to few blocks around my neighbourhood..go ahead lo

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The member all face same problems with scams or LS, and yes they need help from police.

But LML, yes police can't help and nobody seek help from police too right.

My question is how to handle if already talk but they deny to listen or accept slowly pay. Because they need full amount and if we can't do that shortly. I need advice from person who have face this problem before, is not just simple advice but not easy to do like that.

We face problems and feelings lost enough, we need someone talk too and here is the best place we have.

Anyway thank for your advice.

No point to look for those support group talk to the LML.
You may need to pay admin fees before they talk to the LML.
No choice when come to Legal Money Lender.
Since you left few hundred dollars, faster clear it loh.

Lostmoment

Reaction score
Try talk to your boss for advance salary payment ?:s11:
You still don't get what I mean mah?
Read carefully,the people who try to borrow money from LS or UML or lml that mean they can't seek help from anybody already. Who want to pay so high interest? Who want to busy with LS? But because they can't find anybody help already so simple.

My cases too, I lost everything, lost job, lost family, lost friend. And now just start new life with new friends new boss new environment.

I feel very sad sometimes when I read addvice that said ask we all to come clean with family, because after come clean the problem get worse than keep in the dark, that why some of us try to solve the problems by ourselves before tell family.

Not all of us lucky to have supported from family, lost everything like me is exsample.

Boo_lady

Reaction score

It easy to say than done. Those that you think are gd friends who you think will help, 80% won't. Family, it hard to ask for parents, it the heart thingy that you can't bear to do that. Even can help from family, also have to prepare the now and then argument cos money issues are sensitive in general. To sum it all, borrow from people that you know, sometimes have to bear the way they will judge you in the future.That's why most people will rather source helps from outside instead.

Lostmoment

Reaction score
Okay.
I never have any loan shark or legal money lender issue because I never borrow from them.
I just drop in from EDMW and try to help.:o
Super surprised
You never face that problem before? That why you didn't understand my question and seem like don't understand how I feel too.

Read carefully.
I ask.. Who has experienced about this,

Lostmoment

Reaction score
It easy to say than done. Those that you think are gd friends who you think will help, 80% won't. Family, it hard to ask for parents, it the heart thingy that you can't bear to do that. Even can help from family, also have to prepare the now and then argument cos money issues are sensitive in general. To sum it all, borrow from people that you know, sometimes have to bear the way they will judge you in the future.That's why most people will rather source helps from outside instead.
Yes you are right?
Now I start new life, new job, new friends, I can't ask my new friends like that, borrow money from them will be bad am I right?
Face it, only this words in my mind this few months... Little bit hard time to carry on... We can do it.

Boo_lady

Reaction score
Yes you are right?
Now I start new life, new job, new friends, I can't ask my new friends like that, borrow money from them will be bad am I right?
Face it, only this words in my mind this few months... Little bit hard time to carry on... We can do it.

For your current friends, it really depends who more gam with u. Maybe can try but it the heart issue that you don't wanna trouble them.

For me, the stone inside me has sunk. So far, no anonymous call or msg. Hopefully it stays this way. Since I never loan from them, I don't find any reasons if they wanna find trouble with me. It just the bank loans i facing now. But, it not as bad as they come over my house to chase me. Sometimes they will send letters or by hand if I'm late to pay, but I still can handle such situation when parents ask. Just said, some bank promo they want me to sign and that's all. Those money lenders I used to engage (they considered understanding and lenient) already changed their contacts so I won't be engaging any money lenders even it legal. I think some of them also behave like those unlicensed ones. I chose to 安分守己. Just pay slowly to the banks, what to do.

LilladyJ

Reaction score
These people sent my company generic email saying that hey are looking for me and that I need to contact them back or else they will post my photos all over our office areas. I was shaking when the persona in charge of the email came to tell me. She told me first and according to her only 2 people have access to this email. I told my boss and it seems he is quite fed up already. Honestly, I am ready to loose my job over this. I will not resign though and will hold on as Long as I can. Other people are still supportive saying to stay strong. I am just afraid since my boss is saying he will inform the CEO of the company so that we can implement security measures. I feel so ashamed and angry at myself for causing such a fuss in our company 😔

Trustdade

Reaction score
Ppl. Like me borro LS or ULM is because we are at our wits and have no one to approach hence we thought take up amd move while we pay, but things dun always turn out well. If our frens or family menber can help we wont be turning into this state liao. Just my experience. I am facing it now to so now what happen is all waiting game. And ****ing games call will jus **** n hang up n block. Must be firm as what j jus learn.

You still don't get what I mean mah?
Read carefully,the people who try to borrow money from LS or UML or lml that mean they can't seek help from anybody already. Who want to pay so high interest? Who want to busy with LS? But because they can't find anybody help already so simple.

My cases too, I lost everything, lost job, lost family, lost friend. And now just start new life with new friends new boss new environment.

I feel very sad sometimes when I read addvice that said ask we all to come clean with family, because after come clean the problem get worse than keep in the dark, that why some of us try to solve the problems by ourselves before tell family.

Not all of us lucky to have supported from family, lost everything like me is exsample.

Lostmoment

Reaction score
For your current friends, it really depends who more gam with u. Maybe can try but it the heart issue that you don't wanna trouble them.

For me, the stone inside me has sunk. So far, no anonymous call or msg. Hopefully it stays this way. Since I never loan from them, I don't find any reasons if they wanna find trouble with me. It just the bank loans i facing now. But, it not as bad as they come over my house to chase me. Sometimes they will send letters or by hand if I'm late to pay, but I still can handle such situation when parents ask. Just said, some bank promo they want me to sign and that's all. Those money lenders I used to engage (they considered understanding and lenient) already changed their contacts so I won't be engaging any money lenders even it legal. I think some of them also behave like those unlicensed ones. I chose to 安分守己. Just pay slowly to the banks, what to do.
Hope I can settle soon too, just one lml trouble my feeling now the rest was polite and accept me to slowly pay because the amount I left is late fee for late payment.

I work very hard last month to settle my loan and I think they can see my outstanding drop down a lot from last month too (as before we taking loan they can check how much we has outstanding from other loan companies) and this may be reason for them to pushing me or think I can pay. But the true result is I also pay all, not anyone of them. Example I has 5 lml, I pay them the same. I didn't choose to finish who first but pay to every company. Also best to do that, because the rest are understand, only one not easy to talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.