Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair

chaoprokia

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
luzhang selling from link@amk no? the paya lebar one is howfine.com.sg I think. I went to both, the condition from the howfine seller wasn't great.

Anw, Herman Miller u buy 2nd hand the 12 year warranty dont carry over from what i found out on the internet. Not sure if that's true but if it is, the 6 months personal warranty is ok leh

i msg her in carousell she say xtra living can claim remaining 10 years but need pay service fee.
Otherwise after 6mth can find her she got own technician

us spy

Reaction score
Gaming chair imo is just marketting, before gaming, there are already premium comfortable chairs.

omelet

Reaction score
Any comfortable non atas chair to recommend other than Herman Miller? For a brand new above 1K is off budget.

Interested to know as well, looking for a mesh one..tried those at vhive they aren’t good. Either too flimsy or uncomfortable

nwh_sg

Reaction score
Interested to know as well, looking for a mesh one..tried those at vhive they aren’t good. Either too flimsy or uncomfortable

Try Ergohuman. Mine coming to 10 yrs this Nov and still ok. I am sitting on it while typing this. The only issue is the castor wheels, couldn't last (the rubber cracked). But I have found cheap replacements from taobao so that is fine too.

kingkongpingpong

Master Member
Reaction score
luzhang selling from link@amk no? the paya lebar one is howfine.com.sg I think. I went to both, the condition from the howfine seller wasn't great.

Anw, Herman Miller u buy 2nd hand the 12 year warranty dont carry over from what i found out on the internet. Not sure if that's true but if it is, the 6 months personal warranty is ok leh

6 months @ $800 is not worth it imo

kingkongpingpong

Master Member
Reaction score
for $1000 i rather buy a good gaming computer than HM chair

i said the same thing before my late 20's. now that i'm in my early 30's i realised how important a good chair is. the truth of the fact is that you cannot replace your back. the HM aeron is so expensive i agree but damn, have you ever sat in a chair and feel like you're lying on a bed?

lucied

Reaction score
i said the same thing before my late 20's. now that i'm in my early 30's i realised how important a good chair is. the truth of the fact is that you cannot replace your back. the HM aeron is so expensive i agree but damn, have you ever sat in a chair and feel like you're lying on a bed?

Sounds like you need a better bed then. My steelcase leap can't be compared to my memory foam bed.

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

My first Herman Miller in my household belongs to my father.

The first one I bought and subsequently for my office were from the mass order sig from Unwanted.
That dude around for damn long already and he got a clinch for atas upmarket sfuffs.

Last time there was another guy in the mass order sig but tiagong at edmw that guy Mia with the warranty liao.

existential_reality

Reaction score
I tried the HM Embody but didn't seem that comfortable (probably cause also not adjusted properly), settled for a Ergoworks Duorest 140L which they had on display set sale. Good for those who like a really firm back support.

Also have a secretlab omega which is good for general seating gaming, recline function is superb

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Try Ergohuman. Mine coming to 10 yrs this Nov and still ok. I am sitting on it while typing this. The only issue is the castor wheels, couldn't last (the rubber cracked). But I have found cheap replacements from taobao so that is fine too.

I remember ergohum and Haworth hurt my slipped disc back quite bad when I was trying. The ergohuman Iirc is a rebrand from China oem. You could find them on alibaba for more than a decade already. I remember this because I searched their photo on Google and linked back to many sellers on alibaba.

You can probably find them at taobao at a fraction of theprice if you really appreciate it.
:o

yau_chee

Master Member
Reaction score
Yup ergohuman don't give enough lower back support, the mesh is too soft maybe the leather version work better. Just bought a 2nd hand haworth X99 executive but haven't try it yet. So far Aeron posture fit give the best lower back support. Steelcase leap is alright but cushion a little too thin. Humanscale Freedom is not bad too but the headrest push too forward when u try to rest on it but it give the best warranty support.

nwh_sg

Reaction score
I remember ergohum and Haworth hurt my slipped disc back quite bad when I was trying. The ergohuman Iirc is a rebrand from China oem. You could find them on alibaba for more than a decade already. I remember this because I searched their photo on Google and linked back to many sellers on alibaba.

You can probably find them at taobao at a fraction of theprice if you really appreciate it.

yeah I saw some similar looking chairs on taobao but unsure of qualities. Not needing one atm but will keep that in mind. If my back needs more tlc then I will get HM ;)

nwh_sg

Reaction score

This one is in my taobao watchlist. It looks pretty ok, cheaper than SG but not exactly at a fraction of the price of SG's.

DNuLlZ.jpg

This is another one. also about SGD400 excluding shipping.

2bVDQf.jpg

so including shipping I am not sure should I take the risk if I need one (Not looking to get one atm). Probably not. GG if got problem.

Didn't check aliexpress though.

Last edited:

badbad2000

Reaction score
Where to try? What is the price range?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.