Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

V-Origin

Reaction score
Actually best not to place at all if there may be potential issues. SDIC claim has never taken place before....touch wood. No one knows how it works eg the process and how long it takes to get back the money. Someone mention ICBC 1.98%. Not worth the risk and worry for that little bit more interest.

It is funny how do you know there are no potential problems hidden from the public regarding the ICBC Industrial and Commercial Bank of China?

From what I have gathered the Chinese Communist Goverments are even more secretive than the CIA or communist Russia in hiding any potential financial problems.

Given the economies of Thailand or China, why wouldn't I choose Bangkok Bank over Industrial and Commercial Bank of China?

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is funny how do you know there are no potential problems hidden from the public regarding the ICBC Industrial and Commercial Bank of China?

From what I have gathered the Chinese Communist Goverments are even more secretive than the CIA or communist Russia in hiding any potential financial problems.

Given the economies of Thailand or China, why wouldn't I choose Bangkok Bank over Industrial and Commercial Bank of China?

ICBC is the largest bank in China, and the largest bank in the world by total assets. It is one of China's state-owned commercial bank.

If you are comfortable with Bangkok Bank go ahead.

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score
ICBC is the largest bank in China, and the largest bank in the world by total assets. It is one of China's state-owned commercial bank.

If you are comfortable with Bangkok Bank go ahead.

Last time all those Japanese banks were also the biggest in the world by ranking lah
Now leh ?
Cannot just judge like that one.

audiovideo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, they open an FD account place holder for you at the branch. Then you can place individual FDs inside that FD account, online.

It took me about 2 hrs for the account opening. It is a very slow process.

yes, if first time FD and include savings account... will take quite a while.
Be prepared. Just cater 2 hrs for that ... once off.

but subsequently if renewal of FD, will not be long.

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes, if first time FD and include savings account... will take quite a while.
Be prepared. Just cater 2 hrs for that ... once off.

but subsequently if renewal of FD, will not be long.

Subsequent no need to go down. Can renew online. Or withdraw by FAST.

hachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did anyone received the bonus interest?

Haven, when will the bonus account be closed? Can I just drop by the bank and request a cheque with my name. Feel like transferring the fund to maxi gain.

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haven, when will the bonus account be closed? Can I just drop by the bank and request a cheque with my name. Feel like transferring the fund to maxi gain.

You can fast out from bonus account $200k daily.

churnmaster

Reaction score
seen it for a few days alr on FB but havent looked thru in details. not sure how similar this is to recent Singlife's

Well, SIA retail bond pays you 2.85% pa (current yield) for maturity less than 5 yrs. And Frasers Property Treasury pays you 3.475% pa (current yield) for maturity around 3 yrs.

Both are better known brands in Singapore and no lock-in period.

(Source: FSM under retail bond section)

demoforce1

Master Member
Reaction score
Well, SIA retail bond pays you 2.85% pa (current yield) for maturity less than 5 yrs. And Frasers Property Treasury pays you 3.475% pa (current yield) for maturity around 3 yrs.

Both are better known brands in Singapore and no lock-in period.

(Source: FSM under retail bond section)

How to buy Frasers Property treasury?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.