Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My bill cycle with my current M1 old plan ends on 14April.

Today is 10 April.

If I go and sign up and recontact today for my sim20, they will prorate my old plan and new plan fairly right?

Is there any disadvantage if I go and recontact today in terms of the billing etc
It will normally be pro-rated, so there won't be an dis-advantage.

However, do take note if your current old plan is more expensive than mysim 3 20, you will have to pay a downgrade penalty of $21.

lance88

Reaction score
Gomo does not have volte, iMessage activation, no huge data top up, recurring 30-day cycle, no roaming plans.

While m1 you get free unlimited weekend data, top up additional 25GB for $5. Safra free additional $5. Has volte, good roaming data passport.

Value of m1 is much better.

m1 free CID is only valid for 12mths contract and above.

kailee

Reaction score

However, do take note if your current old plan is more expensive than mysim 3 20, you will have to pay a downgrade penalty of $21.

What?! Must pay for downgrade?

I'm on the legacy plan which has 12gb data and the same 100 outgoing sms and calls. Paying 40plus.

Are you saying that because of this I will have to pay $21 for the downgrade? Is there any way to waive off or avoid that?

Last edited:

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I'm on the legacy plan which has 12gb data and the same 100 outgoing sms and calls. Paying 40plus.

Are you saying that because of this I will have to pay $21 for the downgrade? Is there any way to waive off or avoid that?

Yes, there won't be any penalty if you are changing to a plan at the same price range.

I recently downgraded my plan hence I paid a one time penalty of $20+.

One suggestion to avoid that is to port out and port back in 2 months later. If not you can call in to ask if they can waive, waiver is on case by case basis.

SibehHL

Reaction score
m1 free CID is only valid for 12mths contract and above.

That is correct but it also comes with a long list of benefits for the "inconvenience" of a 12 months contract.

The GOMO plan will be suitable for those with simple needs or die-die must be no contract, but for those looking for a plan that offers much more, then M1 or Starhub should be considered.

I went for M1 because of the data passport; $25 add on gives me 10GB (5GB base plan +5GB Safra Card) data overseas for 30 days; which is 2.5 times my previous travel Starhub prepaid SIM card offers ($25 for 4GB valid 28 days)

So choose the plan which suits you most, everyone has different needs.

Synnexo

Reaction score

Port out then port in after 1 month. Can enjoy the perks as a new customer & reset the 3 M1 to M1 unlimited calls' numbers.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That is correct but it also comes with a long list of benefits for the "inconvenience" of a 12 months contract.

The GOMO plan will be suitable for those with simple needs or die-die must be no contract, but for those looking for a plan that offers much more, then M1 or Starhub should be considered.

I went for M1 because of the data passport; $25 add on gives me 10GB (5GB base plan +5GB Safra Card) data overseas for 30 days; which is 2.5 times my previous travel Starhub prepaid SIM card offers ($25 for 4GB valid 28 days)

Yeah m1 data passport is great, 5+5GB can be used for data passport.

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

that's dumb... then just port out to another telco... no need to pay penalty... :s13:

regards,
wacky

Aikon

Reaction score
Port out then port in after 1 month. Can enjoy the perks as a new customer & reset the 3 M1 to M1 unlimited calls' numbers.

Yup. Ported out then ported back in to M1 with Safra discount. Got everything but the prepaid card which I didn't need.

lance88

Reaction score

actually what is so good about the data passport? $10/mth to $50 (depending on your destination), with $2 activation fee. I would be better off (maybe with higher Data or no worries of charges due to over using) with getting that country sim card isnt it?

lance88

Reaction score
that's dumb... then just port out to another telco... no need to pay penalty... :s13:

regards,
wacky

yea that is how local telco works. everything that need to change is a must pay thing. like m1 to m1 unlimited 3 numbers, that 10.70 fee no matter how many number you change. Or any activation or deactivation of services is also 10.70. One of the reason I avoid the main 3 telcos

kailee

Reaction score
yea that is how local telco works. everything that need to change is a must pay thing. like m1 to m1 unlimited 3 numbers, that 10.70 fee no matter how many number you change. Or any activation or deactivation of services is also 10.70. One of the reason I avoid the main 3 telcos

Hi. If I add anyone as my 3 m1 friends,means I must pay $10.70? Or what is the $10.70 for the 3 m1 friends?

SibehHL

Reaction score
actually what is so good about the data passport? $10/mth to $50 (depending on your destination), with $2 activation fee. I would be better off (maybe with higher Data or no worries of charges due to over using) with getting that country sim card isnt it?

Can you access google/FB/WhatsApp using local SIM card in China, for instance? How about those not using dual SIM card phones? Carry 2 phones?

Each to his own as I reiterate.

Last edited:

Shadowz1984

Reaction score
Yup. Ported out then ported back in to M1 with Safra discount. Got everything but the prepaid card which I didn't need.
Actually for those of you with Safra membership, do you really use the membership perks? I canceled mine as it is underutilized. Not worth paying...

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT

kailee

Reaction score
They added weekend unlimited data for me.
But never tell me the cost until I read the fine print must pay subscription??

Is it?

giraffey

Reaction score
They added weekend unlimited data for me.
But never tell me the cost until I read the fine print must pay subscription??

Is it?

based on current, from now till dec 2020, this VAS is free. If they do not extend it, there will be additional monthly charges after which.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.