Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sglastexile

Reaction score
Can you access google/FB/WhatsApp using local SIM card in China, for instance? How about those not using dual SIM card phones? Carry 2 phones?

Each to his own as I reiterate.

other countries for data passport.
If go China , better get their Sim
I have ‘ unlimited ‘ China 4G data just $0.60 per day usage.
No data usage , no charge.
maintenance of the Sim just $1 per month.
Much worth it, if u ask me.
米粉卡,天神卡..etc
VPN for more convenience & privacy

Last edited:

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
other countries for data passport.
If go China , better get their Sim
I have ‘ unlimited ‘ China 4G data just $0.60 per day usage.
No data usage , no charge.
maintenance of the Sim just $1 per month.
Much worth it, if u ask me.
米粉卡,天神卡..etc
VPN for more convenience & privacy
having to 翻墙 in tiongland is a headache if you use a local SIM there.. even if you can find a VPN that works, the reduction of speed will most probably make you give up using fb, google, Instagram altogether.

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can you access google/FB/WhatsApp using local SIM card in China, for instance? How about those not using dual SIM card phones? Carry 2 phones?

M1 data passport can be used in China. I've tried it last June when I was there. Able to access WhatsApp, Facebook and Google. Don't need VPN,

Dont need to get second sim, just subscribe to M1 data passport $25/mth will do

||||||||||

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
M1 data passport can be used in China. I've tried it last June when I was there. Able to access WhatsApp, Facebook and Google. Don't need VPN,

Dont need to get second sim, just subscribe to M1 data passport $25/mth will do

Can cancel after you come back from overseas?

lance88

Reaction score

1. get hk sim card, 2. get spare phone or portable wifi

lance88

Reaction score
has anyone tried contacting Gomo before? they always seem unreachable, and singtel chat agent dont support any enquiry.

SibehHL

Reaction score
1. get hk sim card, 2. get spare phone or portable wifi

Makes me laughed... HK SIM card? spare phone? Portable wifi?

So why not just use my 10GB data from M1 for only $25? Shake head.... why do something simple when one can come up with a complicated way.... :(

Last edited:

Shadowz1984

Reaction score

So why not just use my 10GB data from M1 for only $25? Shake head.... why do something simple when one can come up with a complicated way.... :(
Nothing wrong with getting a local SIM when travelling when you have a dual SIM phone or already have mifi. It's always cheaper to get the local SIM of that country than using data passport.

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Data Passport is simple hassle free. Getting local sim card you have to look for the shop or queue at airport to get it done.

Data Passport, once your plane landed, straight away after turning off flight mode can receive 4G data already. No need wait for queues at airport or wifi

tanchoo1

Master Member
Reaction score
Data Passport is simple hassle free. Getting local sim card you have to look for the shop or queue at airport to get it done.

Data Passport, once your plane landed, straight away after turning off flight mode can receive 4G data already. No need wait for queues at airport or wifi
Wait a few minutes will die.

tanchoo1

Master Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with getting a local SIM when travelling when you have a dual SIM phone or already have mifi. It's always cheaper to get the local SIM of that country than using data passport.

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT
Not only is it generally cheaper. But the data is also sure to work, and you'll get a local number for Uber or Grab drivers to contact you. Some of them will reject the moment they see a foreign number.

SibehHL

Reaction score
no one plan suit all and is the champion of champions... just get the plan that suits you the individual.

I personally prefer Orange and didn’t mind the 12 months contract, I get loads more than what I use to get with Red.

The data passport suit my particular needs because I spent a lot of time in China, I have a local Chinese SIM card but that’s purely for my local Chinese contents.

As suggested by some, use VPN lah... Yep, on paid VPN plan too. After trying some time using VPN to download / upload photos or email attachment... Given that up liao.

Each to his own since everyone has different needs.

Last edited:

kailee

Reaction score
Not only is it generally cheaper. But the data is also sure to work, and you'll get a local number for Uber or Grab drivers to contact you. Some of them will reject the moment they see a foreign number.

For me it's the new user promo that is the best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.