Soundbar discussion Thread IV [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuiExclusive

Reaction score
I hv a 49” curved tv model UA-49MU6300KXXS. I also got HW-M450 soundbar. I’ve been playing games and i actually want a more immersive surround sound so i looked around and there was a suggestion to get the SWA-8500S wireless speaker kit. Anyone has this can tell me how it works and whether it’s good?

LaNNZ3r

Reaction score
Just upgraded my android box to hook up to my Sony 65" tv but got image no sound on my Bose 321 system. Using optical cable to connect tv to the bose with no issue on sound viewing normal tv programs, etc. After configuration on setting audio on the android box still no sound until I discovered that to have sound while viewing movie fr the android box I need to unplug the hdmi cable n replug every time...eg every movie need to unplug n replug the hdmi cable in order to detect sound. Anyone can help to fix up this issue. I don't mind to pay to hv this issue fix up.

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just upgraded my android box to hook up to my Sony 65" tv but got image no sound on my Bose 321 system. Using optical cable to connect tv to the bose with no issue on sound viewing normal tv programs, etc. After configuration on setting audio on the android box still no sound until I discovered that to have sound while viewing movie fr the android box I need to unplug the hdmi cable n replug every time...eg every movie need to unplug n replug the hdmi cable in order to detect sound. Anyone can help to fix up this issue. I don't mind to pay to hv this issue fix up.

Ensure that Bose 321 the optical setting is set to TV.
If no sound than at the TV set the optical output to PCM.
Bose 321 unclear whether can it handle Dolby signal from the TV.

Probably you have to set aside budget for a soundbar to pair
with your TV.

LaNNZ3r

Reaction score
Ensure that Bose 321 the optical setting is set to TV.
If no sound than at the TV set the optical output to PCM.
Bose 321 unclear whether can it handle Dolby signal from the TV.

Probably you have to set aside budget for a soundbar to pair
with your TV.

No issue with my older android box which was able to detect sound from the Bose 321 under Sat CBL setting. Just that after changing to a new android box got issue on sound. Need to manually unplug n replug the hdmi cable to the tv port then got sound. You know of anyone who is able to provide such service regarding this issue? Don't want to buy a soundbar since the Bose 321 is serving me well all these years.

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No issue with my older android box which was able to detect sound from the Bose 321 under Sat CBL setting. Just that after changing to a new android box got issue on sound. Need to manually unplug n replug the hdmi cable to the tv port then got sound. You know of anyone who is able to provide such service regarding this issue? Don't want to buy a soundbar since the Bose 321 is serving me well all these years.

Typically you have to play around with the setting at your
Android box.

Ed.YEO

Banned
Reaction score
Mustafa新力5.1聲道聲吧最新價。
RT5T $600,全套夾埋環繞喇叭一對。
Z9F $790,無環繞喇叭。

chualo

Reaction score
Hi,

Recently thinking of upgrading my speakers for my bedroom 55’ TV which I use for gaming and movies. My budget is about $400-500. I’m thinking of getting the HW-MS651, after applying coupon will be $400. Would like to check with the pros here whether I should make a trip down to Mustafa to have a look around or just get the HW-MS651 at $400.

Will appreciate any recommendations for soundbar models or trusty stores at Mustafa.

kenho_23

Reaction score
I am looking for Samsung rear speaker model SWA-8500S. Bought the soundbar N650 and this seems to be the only rear speaker options. Looked everywhere but all out of stock, anyone have idea where to get it?

Thank you

heng8888

Reaction score
I am looking for Samsung rear speaker model SWA-8500S. Bought the soundbar N650 and this seems to be the only rear speaker options. Looked everywhere but all out of stock, anyone have idea where to get it?

Thank you

Can try mustafa..

kamipify

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can anybody recommend sound bar for pc

Currently looking at Creative stage , Xiaomi sound bar , Sony srs zr7

Budget 300 and below

Asure7

Master Member
Reaction score
Gaming? Creative Katana...

Otherwise, if you don't mind 1-month warranty only, Sony S200F for $215 on Qoo10 :X
Bought 2 sets 7 months ago and still good :s12:
But if you are going to pay full price for that, go for Yamaha instead?

kamipify

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gaming? Creative Katana...

Otherwise, if you don't mind 1-month warranty only, Sony S200F for $215 on Qoo10 :X
Bought 2 sets 7 months ago and still good :s12:
But if you are going to pay full price for that, go for Yamaha instead?
Nah I non gamer, would prefer a musical one, so which one would u recommend is it the Yamaha yas108

Personally I would prefer clear audio then loud bass but muddy audio

Thanks!

Asure7

Master Member
Reaction score
Nah I non gamer, would prefer a musical one, so which one would u recommend is it the Yamaha yas108

Personally I would prefer clear audio then loud bass but muddy audio

Thanks!

yes, yas-108.

I use both S200F for TV and a PC with 24" monitor. Audio is clear (just not those v crisp and bright type), and bass is adequate... YAS-108 should be better. Both definitely better than the initial 3 choices.
However, yas-108 is significantly longer, so you may wanna see if it fits your table and whether you'll be sitting too close to it.

Last edited:

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend the yas-108. The bass distorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.